Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

I am grateful for places to go on hot summer days to escape the heat! Today was a matinee. Anyone planning to see Dunkirk?
    I'm grateful to have been sober at the matinee. Many is the time that I was not! Looking back on it, I'm not sure how I managed that. I'm glad that is no longer my reality!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Tonight I'm grateful that my cousin and her husband's home was spared by the forest fires in B.C. Most of their neighbours weren't as lucky

It's been so long since I went to a movie theatre dill that I can't even remember the name of the movie lol. It was a Disney 3-d movie about a boy and a tiger trapped in a boat together.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That was probably, "The Life of Pi", AB..
        Dill, I LOVE going to the matinee.. great idea for the hot Summer days.

Today I'm very grateful for having "got through" yesterday without drinking.. it wasn't so difficult but for the last hours of the day it was constantly in my mind, which was annoying.. I kept reminding myself of how sad I'd be this morning if I decided to drink.. even just one little beer. My only option is strict abstinence and I'm ok, even great with that.. It's just not quite my habit yet, but I am on my way.

Thanks for the reminder, Satz!!!:hug:

Comment

LC and Cowboy, I don't go to a matinee very often. Just every now and then. Maybe 2 times a year. I have been to all the Harry Potter films and the Star Trek films that way. The movie has to be one that is best seen on the big screen, if you know what I mean. I think the Life of Pi would have been a good one for 3D on a big screen, but that's one we didn't see until it came out on DVD! It was stunning tho.

I am grateful for a drop in temps and humidity today and for the next couple of days. I'm grateful to be putting my sober head down on the pillow tonight!
          Last edited by dill; July 24, 2017, 05:17 PM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I am grateful for the lavender plant. I have been gathering spent blossoms today, to dry and make lavender sachets. They will be sold this fall by my garden club. Ahhhh, what a fragrance!
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm grateful for the opportunity tomorrow to drive mom down to south FL for two nights at the Hard Rock to celebrate her 94th birthday! I'm looking forward to it (except the driving but oh well); made reservations for a fancy dinner Wednesday. She's fun to be with - my DH says she's better to have around than a puppy because everyone fawns over her -in a sweet way. There's no way in the world I would have done this, or even wanted to, when I was drinking. Life is so much better making memories sober - and actually remembering - than drinking the opportunity away.
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Special occasions are made even more special when we enjoy them sober [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]! Bubba and I head out Friday morning for my hometown to attend my niece's wedding and then visit all the graves. I'll make the 7 hour drive without the affects of a hangover and enjoy all the festivities, including the dance, without needing my old nemesis Mr Budweiser!

You're right LC, it was Life of Pi, and it was too cool in 3-d! I just IMDB'd Dunkirk [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], definitely on my to watch list!

Tonight I'm grateful for my son's love and support, Happy 35th. Birthday Adam!
                Last edited by abcowboy; July 24, 2017, 08:13 PM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

AB and Marylou, I have to say I'm envious of your upcoming "road trips".. we don't have a car here and I miss driving a bit! Have a wonderful time with your Mother, Marylou!
                  Today I'm grateful that I have a home I love to live in and a job I like.. both places I'm happy to be in/at and I can stay warm and dry during this crazy downpour.. which should last for 2 days,,

Comment

Grateful no beer in fridge

Comment

Grateful for a cool clear morning free of humidity after a week or more of oppressive heat, feels great, like waking up sober!

Comment

Tonight I am grateful that we got the lawn mowed this afternoon. The sweet smell of freshly mown grass is a definite perk! I was grateful to be mowing completely af. Not too very many summers ago I would actually drink while mowing! Now there's a scary thought! Of course, at the time, I just thought it was a good idea. Wow.

Regarding Dunkirk: It was definitely a good film and I recommend it. However, it is a bit chaotic (intentionally so I think) and at times confusing. I recommend googling it and reading up on the history a bit just before going to see it. I think I would have been lost if I hadn't done that prior to going.
                        Dill

Comment

Today I'm grateful for my health..I'm not treating my body as well as I'd like (too many sweets and not enough exercise) but I've given myself the first 30 days AF to not worry about anything except not drinking. 10 more days to re-evaluate.. get my you know what in gear!:happy2:

Comment

Grateful for a sober day

Comment

Today I'm grateful that the sun is showing its face. The rain was lovely, but mornings like this feel more promising..

Comment

I know what you mean about the hopefulness of the sunny morning, LC. It's rain here again today I'm afraid, but yesterday was awesome!.

Grateful for another sober day here. Rain or shine, it's the foundation for all things good!
                                Last edited by dill; July 27, 2017, 05:19 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X