Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

I'm grateful the scraping and painting is over. Grateful my hubs did most the work, especially on last day. Grateful I remained sober. Grateful I continue to learn and apply ODAAT.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - It's still very hot here. Scraping and painting needed to be done early. Back in house by noon or 1ish. This wasn't a whole house project. That was done around 7-8 yrs ago. We did it ourselves with a friends help. Applied with top of line paint. With time, paint bubbles, cracks and peels. Our home is older with tapered cedar. The north side is shaded. No work needed. :smile: It was around 25-30 hours of time to correct. Glad it's over. Next house/condo will have siding. Maybe brick. Ah.. wait, a log cabin by river that feeds into Pacific Ocean. A girl can dream. If this crazy hot weather continues, hope you guys find a way to put in AC. We added it in 2015, when we replaced our old furnace. It's a two stage. Our bill has only gone up about $15 a month. Lower heating costs in winter. We also received a tax incentive. One of thee best investments we ever made. Told hubs back in 2015 with hot summers from 2013-2014, either we add central AC or I'm moving. Graves with menopause is not tolerable for either of us. Having wi-fi thermostat is nice. Can control and change settings. If you guys ever do decide to add AC. I did a ton of research. Most important is install. Many units come off the same assembly line. Slap on a different label. Example: Carrier is also Bryant. Trane: Best for commercial. Residential costs are very high. Paying for their advertising, over head costs and name. Hope it cools down for everyone soon. :grumpy: Ready for fall.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Hope you slept better!... Hope your prayers are answered soon!.... Praying for you.... I took a 5mg time released Melatonin Sat night. I did finally fall asleep. Was able to go back to sleep after three trips to bathroom. Par for the course with me. :sighbubble: I had a nightmare that our youngest daughter died. She was young. Guess, why I wasn't horribly disturbed. I felt horrible Sun. Felt drugged. Thankful, hubs got up early to finish project. Have been an insomniac for years. When I'm worried even worse. I'm going to try L-Glycine again. Do you take anything to help? Chronic lack of sleep is the worst. :hug:
    Last edited by Wildflowers; September 4, 2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=4340]wildflower[/MENTION], Thank you for your prayers. But, I only occasionally have difficulty sleeping. Sometimes I have a lot of worries on my mind, just like many people do. Those are the nights I find prayer helpful. Also I find listening to a book helpful in crowding out racing thoughts and worries. I no longer take anything for sleep altho over the years I have used many different herbals.

Grateful that I have few issues with sleep on a regular basis! Grateful to be going to bed tonight sober so I can fall asleep naturally...not pass out!
      Last edited by dill; September 4, 2017, 06:39 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] - happy for you that the grueling work is done:thumbsup: It is rewarding to do yourself, though not fun! My husband and I do many of the house chores ourselves as well. We do have solar and ac on our list of next home projects. Our furnace has been out for over a year - we are planning new furnace, roof and ac so it will be an expensive job. Putting it off as long as we can.
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - I really liked your quote this morning! My husband is a crotchety old guy and I am always trying to guide him in the positive direction.
        There is so much to worry about right now that looking for the bright side is necessary:happy2:

So grateful to see the outpouring of support for those in Texas:heartbeat:

Have a good day all!

Comment

So grateful I don't have to worry about having enough alcohol on hand if Irma comes our way. Filled the car and loaded up on tp today. Sending prayers for the folks in Texas and California and Oregon.
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm grateful that I was able to finish up a couple of plumbing jobs in the harvest down time, back on the combine tomorrow.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Grateful for a beautiful day. I feel grateful but slightly guilty for having such a quiet, peaceful and sober day with nothing more pressing than sweeping and cleaning up around here. Prayers to all those suffering extreme weather events and fires here in our country and around the world.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm grateful for the loving and caring people at MWO!... Grateful I'm sober!.. Able to pray and practice resting in Gods grace. :hugs: To all!..

Comment

I made plans with a friend today for a three-day road trip to visit public gardens, yippee! We haven't gone anywhere like this together, it will be fun. How grateful I am for all opportunities.
                  Last edited by Sunbeam; September 6, 2017, 06:40 AM.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Today I am grateful for home grown tomatoes.
                    Roobs

Comment

Ahh, yes! Home grown tomatoes! I am grateful for those too. And the neighbors who kindly gave us a loaf of his home baked wheat bread! And for the taste of warm bread with melted butter and honey. What an absolute delight! There was a time not too long ago when I would have chosen wine over that. Grateful, grateful.
                      Last edited by dill; September 6, 2017, 06:02 AM.
                      Dill

Comment

Am so grateful that I was able to take my grandkids out to London for a expensive treat. Was so worth it. If I was drinking there would be no way I could of done this, so grattitude, here for me :-)
                        Last edited by catch22; September 6, 2017, 08:04 AM.
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the hurricane regions, but I am grateful for a beautiful harvest day

Last edited by abcowboy; September 6, 2017, 07:01 PM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

^Cool pic Abcowboy!

Comment

I'm grateful many - many are praying.

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] - Praying for you and everyone affected by these horrible-horrible hurricanes. Praying you get out safely. Two more are on Irma's trail. Jose and Katia. Thank you Marylou for your prayers. Please check in when you can.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - Thank you for your prayers for everyone. Please try not to feel guilty. Your retired. It can be hard as generous people with good hearts, want to do more. Just wonderful that you appreciate warm bread with honey. Kind neighbors make people do this :smile: The gifts of sobriety.

[MENTION=23164]Roobs[/MENTION] - Your share on home grown tomatoes made me smile. Thank you...

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - Hope your able to have furnace install before winter. Happy for you and your hubs that your capable of doing home projects. Understand what you mean about putting off major home projects/expenses. Grateful we have homes.

Comment

Grateful for youtube. Grateful to [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] for the link to the U2 and Pavarotti Miss Sarajevo video. Powerful.

You're in our prayers, [MENTION=483]Mary[/MENTION]loou123. Keep safe.

Thank you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] for that pic. You could have been right up the road from here by the look of it!

Well done to you on getting thru all that scraping and painting, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] . Not my favorite thing, I must admit!

Grateful for all of you here sharing grateful thoughts. Each one is uplifting to read!
                                Last edited by dill; September 7, 2017, 06:08 PM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X