X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Grateful for a cinder-block house. :happy2:
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Tonight I'm grateful for a bucket of KFC!!!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Grateful for people caring for each other, helping one another. :love: Grateful for the privilege to pray!... Grateful my kids did volunteer work today. They work hard all week. Proud of them. They care for others.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - I made a note in my phone of artists and songs. Thank you!... Thank you [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]. :smile: [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - Hope you enjoyed your KFC. Have fond memories with KFC. Haven't had any in a long time.

[MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] - I'm so glad you were honest to. Very glad you didn't let this turn into a long run. That your learning. Like me and others. You and [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] climbed right back on the sober train. Glad you were able to get your RX's from your doc. Great choice on having no beer in house. I can't have it in my home either. It's not easy to be sober all the time, but its worth it!.. Sounds cliche. I'm sorry. All I can come up with at the moment. What amino acids do you take? Pray and hope your brother is safe!!!.... Praying for everyone that's going through these catastrophic weather disasters!.... :hug:

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] - Extremely sorry for this tragedy. There are no words. Pray your friend gets all the support she can hold. This is just awful!.... Your right life is precious. We never know. Just horrible when young ones leave to soon. Your heart must be breaking for your friend. Hope you may be able to provide her with a little comfort. It's going to take a long time. :hug:

Comment

Grateful to wake up with a clear head, and not wanting a drink. X
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Grateful for the weather technology - having the advance warning has given many in
            the wake of the storm to board up their houses and get to a safe or safer place.
            Prayers to all who are dealing with this - it affects us all I know.

Comment

Grateful for improvement in our marriage since I gave up poisonous/ethanol. Grateful hubs has vacuumed house for me. Grateful he has hope again. :love: Grateful I have hope again too.

Comment

Grateful for the jonathan apples off our tree today. They are a perfect pie apple, so guess what I made... No, not chili!

Grateful for fresh apple pie! And another sober day, too.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] - I am so sorry for the loss of her daughter. What a terrible tragedy. :heartbeat:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Grateful to have made it through Irma unscathed. The eye passed directly over us around 1:00 am. NO major damage - we even have power.
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Grateful for Mary123 making it through Irma unscathed. Also that my family were able to evacuate in time.

Comment

Grateful our members are safe!!!.... Grateful to have found a place at last min so hubs and I can enjoy some down time. We cancelled camp/raft trip due to PNW wildfires. Grateful for all are first responders and volunteers!!!....

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] and ssd858 - Were all relived that you and your families are OK!!!!..... Many people will keep praying!!!... :love: :hug:

@ dill - Your so cute and funny. Thanks for the :smile: Bet your apple pie is very "Yumbo". My Nana and Papa made many apple pies. Think they used McIntosh, or maybe that was for apple sauce. I didn't like apple pie until I grew up. I missed out on those wonderful pies. Same with Nana's custard pies. Now peaches. Don't get me started. Had peach milkshakes last night. Wished it was your pie. Think you've inspired me to bake one. Thank you!... [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] - Chili is still on my mind. :smile:

Comment

Super grateful - my family on the east coast of Fla made it back home today and their
                          house is ok! All they lost was some landscaping.

Comment

Grateful that am going to see my daughter for lunch tomorrow ♡
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Grateful that I can cook now and not feel strange that I don't have a glass of wine to go with the activity.
                              How strange the multitude of activities that get associated with our drinking!

I remember when I was a college student and I went for a long beach bicycle ride with a friend. He wanted to stop for a drink and I thought he meant water/soda etc. When it became clear that he wanted to stop by a beach bar I thought it so strange to drink alcohol when exercising! Just didn't make sense to me. Alcohol is so widely accepted that now it seems to be a part of most social activities. I did a half marathon some time ago in Sonoma and at the end they had wine! Nothing like running 13 miles and then having a glass of chard!
                              Last edited by ssd858; September 12, 2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

:egad: 13 miles and then a thirst quenching glass of wine! No way!

I am grateful for friends who are not all about drinking! I used to gravitate toward drinkers only. But today I prefer the company of sober folks and I enjoy feeling a genuine connection, not a connection bridged thru that fuzzy sensation that al used to provide.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X