Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Originally posted by catch22 View Post
    Grateful today for petrol in my car, there was a time when I had to cancel my overtime for work because, I had no money to get to work and had to save what I had on the day I was due into work . And that was when I was not drinking alcohol.
    Been there! Seems silly counting nickels and dimes to get just enough (we have no pennies anymore). Grateful petrol is 1.12$ CAD/Litre and not 1.45$ like a couple years ago. Grateful for an app called GasBuddy so I can plan my gas fills . Still thats expensive imho. (3.8L / Gallon) for the american friends and you have to calculate exchange rates. I lived in a border town for a long time and we would fill in the states all the time.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm grateful that we got at least 400 of the 2600 acres of canola done before the beer clouds rolled in again
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm grateful for the opportunity to visit two spectacular gardens in the Philadelphia area: Chanticleer, and Longwood. We drove home today, also grateful for sitting in my favorite chair.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Grateful for my quitting - smoking money vase. Decorated it with small family pictures. Think I'll add some dry fall flowers. By tonight it will have $58 dollars in fifty cent pieces. It's going to help our daughter's wedding fund. They are all so proud of me. :love: There were too may times this wasn't the case. I'm also grateful for sunsets. Took some beautiful pictures from the coast. I'm grateful for our much needed rain. To sleep with window open. Grateful I feel more alive today. Vert grateful for all of you!... :love:

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] - Hope you enjoyed both spectacular gardens!... Gardens bring many such glorious pleasure. Have felt we were meant to spend our time there. Hope to make it next yr to our big one here. Enjoy your comfy chair. Having one is such a good thing. :smile:

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] - This is such great news of going back to school. Hope you'll have time to share this journey with us. Not sure, but may try one day to go back. Wishing you the very best!.... :smile:

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] thank you , went over my work today on what I recorded on my mobile phone, just in case I missed any important notes.
            So today am very grateful that I have a mobile phone.
            Xcatch22X :love:
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Look at this amazing fellow I saw the other day on my walk:

Mushroom.jpg

I'm grateful for all the beauties of Nature, both large and small.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dill; September 19, 2017, 06:47 PM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] - Think I got my 1st smart phone in fall of 2014. I fought it. Didn't want to give in to more techno. Live in the city, but country girl in my heart-spirit. Now I'd be lost without my phone. They do some pretty helpful and neat things. When you have time (lol) what class subject are you taking?

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - That's weird you posted pic of mushrooms. I was reading about them last night. Turkey Tail and others. Don't have enough knowledge, but their are people in PNW who know secret spots to harvest. Make good seasonal money. Have been reading about them for immune boost. For energy. Just exhausted lately. Cause of auto immune not suppose to take. I love eating certain ones. There are so many species. Yes, nature is so cool!...

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], I don't know a great deal about mushrooms and was afraid to pick or eat that little fellow. Besides, it was all alone so there were no others to gather. But since you mentioned eating them I googled images and found some similar. They were called Ink Caps and they were edible. So, I think the one I found is an Ink Cap. The article on wiki said there were edible ink caps (like the one in the pics) and poisonous ink caps. Wild mushrooms are scary to me so I stick with the ones I buy on the grocery store shelf! LOL. I do love mushrooms, especially in omelettes. (Hint, hint [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!) Sorry you can't eat them, Wildflowers. I didn't know they were bad for folks with autoimmunes. And BTW, I too have been exhausted lately! What's with that? Change of seasons perhaps?

Grateful to be waking in the predawn, well rested, and hangover free! What a gift we give ourselves each day!
                  Last edited by dill; September 20, 2017, 05:58 AM. Reason: spelling
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

That's one big shroom dill! I don't know much about wild mushrooms, I know [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] was getting into picking them, she even joined a group that searches out places where they grow. I'm grateful for our country neighbour who picks enough morel's to share with everyone!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am GRATEFUL for finding this site! Now to learn how to use it

Comment

I’m grateful that we are getting new members signing up on a regular basis now it seems! [MENTION=24028]jenjen[/MENTION], Don’t be afraid to ask questions because someone will be sure to answer them!

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] am doing a level 1 in bookkeeping & computerised accounts. It a 24 weeks course , which should be a year course so it quite intents .
                          Am grateful tonight having a cup of hot chocolate in bed 😊
                          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

:welcome: [MENTION=24028]jenjen[/MENTION] x

Comment

:welcome:jenjen! I'm sure you will figure out how to get around on the site. Just log on everyday and join in. It will make sense eventually!

Grateful for another productive day. I cleaned out one of our barn rooms and have it fixed up and ready to go for craft projects.

Prayers for the people of Puerto Rico and Domenica and everyone in the path of Maria. Prayers for the earthquake victims of Mexico City.
                              Dill

Comment

Thankful the Canadian Snow Birds were doing aerial stunts and formation flying today right over top of me. They are hard to capture in photos but I got some okay ones of the shapes in the sky they drew with whatever they spray out for art in the sky. No wind, so everything was super cool. Drew a gigantic heart in the sky! The g-forces must be insane these pilots maintain. Buzzed (edit Roared as they are jets) so close down my dog pooped in a corner! I'll edit with a select photo later A commercial airline flew way above and was almost indistinguishable, must have been quite the sight for the passengers.
                                Last edited by empyr3al; September 20, 2017, 08:02 PM.
                                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X