Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Grateful for the sweet smell of my honeysuckle plant. Took cuttings from a dear friends house years ago. Put them in vase of water and they grew roots. Planted them and they took off. Tho something is been eating them. Ants I believe. Grateful, these pesky insects haven't destroyed my honeysuckle plant. :flowerspop:

Comment

I am grateful for my new iPod Nano. I am sad that Apple is phasing them out, or so it appears. I use mine all the time, but my last one just stopped working. I looked into repair, but it was too costly. When I went to replace it, I found that the Apple website no longer carried them! I got one from Walmart, but I don't expect Nanos to be around much longer. But, I am grateful none the less for finding one. I'm grateful for all the hours of listening when I hugely needed distraction. I listened to books and podcasts constantly! Grateful it was there when I needed it most.
      Last edited by dill; August 31, 2017, 05:18 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm grateful that 17 years ago today Bubba said "I do" to me, Lord knows I don't deserve her or her love and patience! Happy Anniversary Bubba!
        Last edited by abcowboy; September 1, 2017, 08:07 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy anniversary Cowboy!
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Happy Anniversary, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Today I am grateful that the dentist could work me in to his schedule on short notice and am also grateful for novacaine!

I love the sweet smell of honeysuckle, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

@abcowboy - Wishing you and your better half a Happy 17th Wedding Anniversary. :smile:

Bless you both....:love:

Comment

I'm grateful most the house is scraped. Grateful hubs made us a veggie - fruit master. Grateful, I shredded chicken yesterday for verde - chicken enchiladas tonight. Grateful for Advil. Grateful, I'm choosing OTC instead of poisonous/ethanol. Cause, the thought crossed my mind. Grateful, I didn't let it grow in my head. Thank you Mario!.... Grateful PPQ recently wrote "just don't get in the car". Never thought of that one. Simple and doable. Thank you!... Grateful, my headache is getting better. Grateful years ago an AA sponsor taught me that grateful drunks don't get drunk. Grateful, for this thread to practice daily gratitude. Grateful I can :smile: even when I don't want to. Grateful to be sober just for today.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - I remember iPod Nano. Gave them to girls for xmas years ago. Grateful, you were able to find a replacement, so you can continue listening to podcasts, etc.. :smile:

Comment

Happy anniversary acowboy!

Today I'm grateful that I still have a good connection with my teenagers...I think��.
                  Roobs

Comment

Happy Anniversary Abcowboy!!!

Wildflower - are you doing the scraping? If so, I sure hope its not as hot there.

So grateful for not giving into the alcohol demon a few days ago. It seems to have brought on a calming sense of serenity.
                    I want to hold onto this. I am amazed at this as it is sweltering hot & humid here and we don't have ac. Also grateful that we
                    have a gazebo so that we can escape the stuffy heat of the house in the evenings.

Have a great weekend all.

Comment

Grateful for another sober day. Grateful for my faith. Grateful for prayer in the middle of the night when I can't get back to sleep. It helps push away my worries.
                      Dill

Comment

Am so grateful that my sobriety is gift that I hold on to with passion, also grateful that I can see a big change in me , in my mind , body, and spiritual well being. I know in myself it a Spiritual awakening and it feels so good :heartbeat:
                        Last edited by catch22; September 2, 2017, 06:55 PM.
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hello,

Today I am grateful that my kids are healthy. We have a neighbor whose son is dying at the age of 12 from a very aggressive cancer. This young family is going through so much and there's literally nothing left they can do but try and make him comfortable. The mother is a warrior, her strength and determination are beyond what I can even imagine one would be capable of. My heart breaks for them. I look at my kids and think, how lucky are we. I'm so very very grateful and I don't want to ever forget that we need to live in the present and enjoy what we have and who we have in our lives and to exercise compassion towards others.
                          Have a grateful sober Sunday everyone.
                          Roobs

Comment

I'm grateful that I can sit and visit while others are drinking, but I soon tire of the "drunk talk", just another reminder of a great reason I quit...
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was grateful last night for a beautiful fireworks display put on by our little town as part of our Labor Day Festival. Very grateful to be sober and able to enjoy the experience with Mr. D and our 6yo granddaughter. I've missed many such experiences because I chose drinking instead.
                              Dill

Comment

I've missed many such experiences because I chose drinking instead.
                                Same here, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I love fireworks displays....I always have. I could kick myself for the many times I chose to "relax" with my glass of something.

Comment

Working...
                                X