Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Express your Gratitude

Dill, I could sit a talk for hours with my drinking friends. That was nice I guess at the time, but I find more value in the people and activities I chose now. The drinking more often than not was at my house, then I kept drinking after they left.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Grateful that we are caught up on combining, have a chance to catch up on other work for a day or two till the canola cures..
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Grateful I was able to accomplish lots of projects around here this week. It feels good! Grateful for another sober day.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Grateful my pup is finally gravitating towards where she is supposed to pee! Grateful I can cook good food Grateful for my support network! Grateful for all the dr's and therapists that took the time to help me come to this placid place of anti-crave and my resolve to get there. Grateful to have some hot days (It's been chilled, it feels like summer) with sunshine and everything that goes with it. That should cover some days of gratitude
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Grateful to reach the end of a busy week, and for fresh apple cider.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm grateful for Coca Cola Classic and SanPellegrino on a Friday after work while all the rest of the construction crew were drinking beer, even more grateful that it didn't bother me!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Grateful for the texts, pics and support from my daughter today. :love:

Comment

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION], OOOOhhhh. Apple Cider. Gotta go for a drive to a local fresh orchard. Takes about 3 minutes as I live in fruit/grape/wine country

Its on sale at the local supermarket, but probably not local, but from the province. Heard on our local news channel while washing my truck that the apples are awesomely sweet this year (a couple dents from a spring hail storm) but should be good this year.
                  "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Grateful for a nice evening sitting by a bonfire out in our pasture. Mr. D and our grandson got it going. We had no hot dogs, but it was ok. We were still full from dinner. Luckily we DID have marshmallows! Grateful for another day sober. Grateful for all my friends here. [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], I am really happy about your good experience with the gabapentin. I had no idea it could make such a difference!
                    Last edited by dill; September 16, 2017, 06:55 PM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Grateful that I have got the confident in myself to go back to college 😆 thats a big step for me!
                      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

That's really great, [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION]! I'm happy for you!

I'm grateful for the beautiful country scenes I saw out my car windows today. The fields of corn and soy beans are ready for harvest. The morning light shining on the fields was beautiful. It filled me with such a sense of peace.
                        Dill

Comment

Good for you C22! Just goes to show what we can do when we don't let fear get in the way!

I'm grateful for a beautiful sunset through the windshield of my combine.

Comment

I caught a view of that same sunset, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], also through a windshield! LOL I was pulling into our driveway at sunset and saw that brilliant orange over one of our pastures. Grateful for it too. Feels nice that we could share that. I love the light at this time of year.
                            Dill

Comment

Grateful today for petrol in my car, there was a time when I had to cancel my overtime for work because, I had no money to get to work and had to save what I had on the day I was due into work . And that was when I was not drinking alcohol.
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

I'm grateful for brave women, a new friend, and decaf!
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X