Our Mate Mario has 8 years alcohol free today. 13th Jan 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Mate Mario has 8 years alcohol free today. 13th Jan 2017

Mario, you good man, so glad you came back with your wisdom and your calmness. Showing us how it can be done in a gentle and kind way.

As you're of the sweet stuff have a veggie cake.

From me and Mr JC
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Couldn't agree more with you Molly......Mario is awesome

You are a lovely bloke Mario.....so glad you came back as a regular poster.

I also had a couple of years away and needed to remind myself of what brought me here.

Comment

Wow Mario 8 years sober is just flipping amazing my friend. I am in awe of how far you have come and the fact that you still come here and offer support, help, wisdom and are living testimony to the fact this can be done, long term.

To anyone who is trying today to make a change in their life, right here is your proof it is possible, just read Mario's story:

Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

So pleased to read this this morning - so happy you found sobriety Mario & enjoy living it & even take the time to share it :hug:
        Your contribution on the long term abstainers section I have particular found helpfull, thankyou & congratulations on 8 years :welldone:
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Mario! Well done mate. Thanks for being around. Wishing you a fab year ahead. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congrats Mario!

Comment

Mario, what an awesome accomplishment, life changing!!!!!!

Comment

That is just so cool and inspiring and wonderful!
                Mario.
                Well done. Feels good! See guys it can be done and it is worth doing, every minute.
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

CONGRATS ON 8 YEARS AF MARIO :welldone: :yay:
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi All
                    Congrats Mario on finding the person you were meant to be!

8 years away from the soul robbing illusion of an alcoholic existence. Always great to read your posts.
                    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                    AF 5-16-08

Comment

on your 8 years Mario!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations Mario!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mario, what a great accomplishment. We are delighted that you are here to inspire others.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Congratulations on such a nice long time, AF, Mario! And thanks for coming back and sharing your enthusiasm about sober living - I feel that way, too :smile:!

Comment

:welldone::goodjob::sohappy:

Congratulations my good friend, and thank you for all the help you have given me
                              One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Working...
                              X