Popping in to say hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping in to say hello

Hello all. I'm not sure how many members have been around long enough to remember me, but I was active here some time ago - maybe a year or so ago.

I thought I would just pop in to say I'm still around - and alcohol free these days.

Sadly baclofen wasn't for me. I gave it a good shot and found the side effects and the hassle of getting the stuff in quantities too much. I ordered some naltrexone after that and it still sits in my bed side table.

I have nothing against the meds route. It has worked for many here as well as at the End of my Addiction forum - and it is quite possible that I didn't manage the baclofen journey properly. Good luck to those who want to go that way. It can work for sure!

In the end I went for abstinence and after many misgivings and a re-evaluation about how I felt about the organisation - with AA. It has many failings but right now it offers what I need. Anyway it is working and I'm alcohol free these days.

Anyway - hello to all. Hoping people are getting there..if they aren't already there!

Best wishes.

Lovely to see you, Mentium. So happy you've found what works for you.
    Don't be a stranger and let us know how you're doing.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nice to see you Mentium and congrats on your AF time
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good you stopped by, and that you are finding success.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Mentium. Good to see you. Sometimes meds work for people and sometimes it's not to be. You just do whatever it takes. It's much easier once you take AL off the table.
          You will see that MWO is quite a lively and friendly forum these days as it should be!

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
            Hi Mentium. Good to see you. Sometimes meds work for people and sometimes it's not to be. You just do whatever it takes. It's much easier once you take AL off the table.
            You will see that MWO is quite a lively and friendly forum these days as it should be!
            So I see. I frequent Sobercovery. It is big (very) with literally hundreds of people online at some times of the day. Feels cosier here so I will make a point of popping in.

Thanks for all the best wishes too!

Comment

Hi Mentium, glad you have found what works best for you to achieve sobriety :happy2: Congratulations!
              Take care
              LS
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wildflower.
              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
              X