Hi all - just a quick "check in"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - just a quick "check in"

I know I've only been around this forum for a very short time (and have been MIA for a few weeks pretty much...) and many of you don't even know who I am but for those of you who were instrumental and supportive of me in the beginning of this journey (that day one, when I sat at my computer SOBBING, writing my very first post...scared out of my MIND about "trying" sobriety and feeling 100% ALONE in the world...) I just wanted to check in and let you all know I am 51 days sober today - YAY ME!!! ) I would have never gotten here were it not for those of you who immediately reached out to me and held me in your faraway arms, telling me I could do this and letting me know how alone I was NOT!!! Between MWO, Tired of Thinking about Drinking and most recently (and HUGELY) Hip Sobriety, I am successfully managing quite nicely in my little sober car but like some of you others, I am not "happy" about being sober. Still have the "WTF, really? NEVER drinking again?!?!?" thoughts. But! I am sober today, I will be sober tomorrow and that's really as far away as I need to think about for now. SCREW you brain for worrying about next week or next month or next year! Eff you gray matter for going there. HA!

Anyway, just wanted to check in so y'all didn't think I fell off the planet (or the proverbial wagon...). My precious momma has dementia and is living with me until I can get her placed in a GREAT memory care home (have looked at probably 15 or 20 of them and have FINALLY narrowed it down to two so the end is in sight...) and until then, she and my business take up 100% of my time but soon enough, I hope to be able to be more present here AND in my own LIFE! So! On that note, I shall say thank you again to all of you who have provided SO MUCH inspiration and support to this So Cali, 51 day sober gal!

Much love and huge hugs coming to all of you!!! XOXOXO

Congratulations on 51 days!!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya So cali, lovely to 'see' you!!! Well done on your 51 days, hope you get your Mum sorted and find her somewhere she can be well looked after, come back and keep us company on our sober journeys as soon as you can xxx
      One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

SoCali...many congrats on your 51 days ...long will it continue...as for your mum,sometimes its tough,difficult ,frustrating,annoying,but she will always be worth it x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi So Cali,
          Great to hear from you & pleased you are doing so well! 51 days is fantastic :goodjob: Please dont hesitate to pop back whenever you can/need & all the best on your sober journey - you are doing great so far! Sending thoughts of strength to you as you are so busy caring for your mum at the moment & working :hug:
          Take care
          LS
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wildflower.
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Nearly 2 months, that's so great. It is good that you posted. People often just disappear, and it is too easy to assume the worst.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for checking in.

Comment

Way to go SC! That's the way to git'er done!!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great stuff. Great progress. Congratulations!!!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you all so very much!!! )

STRANGELY tonight, hours after I wrote this, the Wolfie devil tried rearing it's ugly head! I was signed up for an 8 week class through the Hip Sobriety website to really REALLY work on my attitude and trying to change it to being happy about being sober (as opposed to sometimes being pissed off about "having" to be sober...) but I had to cancel the class yesterday just because of my mom taking up so damn much of my time. The classes start again in April, and that damn Wolfie had the NERVE to try to weasel himself like Gollum (spelling?) into my brain. I clearly heard him whispering into my right ear "come on my pretty...why not enjoy that beautiful, precioussssssss golden delightful chardonnay you've been missssssssing for 51 days...? You can just start OVER in April when the classesssss begin again..."

What the hell? Really? What the holy HELL?!?!?

SO.....to you Wolfie - I say "SCREW YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK YOU MOTHER EFFER!!!" I will GRAB your claw like, disgusting fingers and RIP them off of my neck and I will spit my sober VENOM all over you and send you crying back to hell where you belong!!!!!

Wow - SOMEone has some aggression to burn off today. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

XOXO again all!

Comment

Great to hear from you again SC. Thank you very much for posting.

Comment

Well done SoCali, you can SO do this.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                        X