damm body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damm body

at 28 i shud b in my prime, if only, 2day i served a roast 2 80yr olds healthier than me!! MORRISON i got it wrong it was lamb!!! i dont know if any 1 else has experienced this................... any ex, or morning bingers? 2 days i have halved gone from 5-6 cans b4 10 o clock to 1 then 2, i have been so clumsy, i have got more bruises today goin work sober than ever b4 when i had a few, is this normal, im thinkin maybe im so used to tryin to overcompensating corners etc that today my poor brain an body cud not keep up wiv 1 another, im so worried i have dammaged my brain a little to much over the yrs, i must a kiled so many brain cells,, i never had many 2 start, memory is useless, i forget instantly at work what people have ordered at cafe,im forever walkin into things and im scared,, i shouldent go on i kmow, i shud jus go drs i never seeem 2 find the time, stupid how i can find plenty a time for drinkin another bloody beer tho, im well peeeeeeeed of wiv myself 2 nite,
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

damm body

hi rachel i think we all get down from time to time but you are doing well sokeep up the good work know what yu mean about the damaged brain cells though made me laugh a bit i feel the same so ditzy and clumsy oce the brain gets used to no alcohol should be back to normal i hope

maryt

Comment

damm body

Rachel you are doing well cutting down so much.

My memory is shot to pieces too !! Don't give in keep going forwards, you are inspiring because you had a lot of hard work to do by cutting down.

xxxxxx
      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

damm body

i bump into more things when i'm sober than when i'm drunk. makes no sense to me.

Comment

damm body

Rachel, no matter how bad you feel, you are going in the right direction ....

Cuttin down the drinking can only help .....

You are doing good love ....

Love & hugs, BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

damm body

I am the expert at tripping over cracks in the pavement. Don't worry about it!
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

damm body

Me too..

Hi Rachel--
              I can sympathize with being more clumsy when you're AF--and I think you're right about "over compensating"...I was so much more careful when I was drunk because I didn't want anyone to know how f--ed up I was!

I also know what it's like to be drinking first thing in the morning... actually, I used to get up in the middle of the night to have a slug of something or other. I drank constantly.... There was nothing as depressing as when I was anxiously waiting for the liquor store to open at 9AM because during the night I'd managed to finish whatever we had left from the night before....I used to feel so sick waiting for that next glass--or gulp--of wine or whatever....

It really does get better--promise. It just takes some time...

Pat yourself on the back for cutting down so much--the bruises will heal!
              :l
              susan
              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

damm body

hey thanks u guys, its good to know that its quite normal, i suppose its gonna take a while to get used to, yesterday i only had 1 can b4 work again, i wanted to cry about 12 i was so weak, and fuzzy, i mannaged to knock my eye on the cupboard door and i felt it!! usually i just wake up an try and work out where all the bruises came from!!! bloody bf caved in an bought 18 beers i knew he would cave in , im quite proud i didnt guzzle them, usually i drink em so quick so i can get more in me b4 he drinks em, i still had the panicky feeling but i drunk slowly,

Comment

damm body

You are getting better; and you will be amazed at how well your body will heal up after you quit drinking. Keep up the good work Rach
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

damm body

Rachel you are doing so well, it takes time, believe me. You sound a bit depressed,
                    try and make time to see your gp, if you can tell him how bad you are feeling he
                    could offer you lots of support. As for the memory probs. that will improve as will
                    all the clumsiness etc.
                    Wishing you well love Paula.

Comment

damm body

thanks i think possibly iam depressed i think ive always suffered i went 4 yrs on various pills, they made me fel worse the side effects were al awfull, my goal nxt week is to go drs i have not touched brandy 4 a hole week yeah!! i miss it but i know its evil stuff 35cl a day on top of beer 4 a yr it cant b good, im gonna ask 4 a liver function test, dr will know what i been up to then, an im thinking if its bad again i will scare the livin daylights out a me an bf, he may realise the extent of my problem, an support me a bit more, i hope my memory gets better i cant remember what its like to remember!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

damm body

good luck Rachel, what you have achieved the last few weeks is amazeing, keep going with it ,you know you have too and stay strong! I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Comment

damm body

hey thanks , im quite proud a me 4 the 1st time, even tho i have spent more time thinking bout drink every min , i think thats b cause instead of just blurring through life im thinking an makin choices about drinking instead a just buying the normal an drinking the normal, now im deliberating how many to buy an all sorts, thank u 4 your interest in my crap, i hope u r doin well an life is goood xxx

Comment

damm body

You are doing so well, You are on track for a better life.

At first I was thinking about drink all the time, I used to be desperate and I was always planning when to go to buy booze, how much money I had, if I ran out before I was ready to stop drinking in the evening.
                            I planned could I drive to shop with 3 kids in car or could I leave them in house and risk going on my own. The hardest choice was going to sleep when I still wanted more booze.

I never had a good sleep and frequently dropped kids at school with hangover, sickness then I went to work and couldn't concentrate or work to standard!!

Now I have actually slept for about 6 hours straight - not comatosed.
                            Now I can actually do things without fighting my hubbie or kids, or telling them to leave me alone.
                            It does get better, I promise. I thought drinking softened problems but it didn't now If I argue with hubby it rolls over me - before I used to scream, beat him and throw things turn house upside down !!

Please take heart, be strong, xxxx
                            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

damm body

oh thanks diamond, im startin to remember what it was like not to b drunk, or high , 2 mornings ive over slept , thats bad when u goot 2 kids 2 get to school but thats good cos im not up a 6 preparing for my morning medicine, my body must b takin notice , got 2 go work , im feelin quite wobbly had a few 2 many last night an just toped up wiv more this morn,, an oh no it s weekend, im tryin to get bf to go 4 a walk in woods when he gets bk from work 2nit, delays drinking l8r xx

Comment

Working...
                              X