No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - February 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liz - I hope that you had a wonderful day off today. I'm anxious to hear if you have made anymore plans.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora, yes, I was wondering.

Rusty, similar to you, I think, I live in the mid-west. Just to the east of you in Michigan. Where are your travels taking you this week?

Whew! It was NOT a good day but I did not drink. I was so busy I did a few dumb things, like use my work credit card for groceries (big oops, I truly didn't notice it was the wrong one). I will get it straightened out tomorrow. Its not a problem, just an inconvenience. But, who does that??!!?? I use to blame that stuff on being hungover, but that surely wasn't the case today.

The good news is I told my hubs it was Day 10 and he gave me a big hug and told me he was proud of me. We are talking so much more and that feels really good to me. I didn't realize how much I was withdrawing into myself when drinking. Dang. We were probably both lonely.

Let's hope tomorrow is a calmer day for my brain!

Comment

Originally posted by actiongirl46 View Post
        Thanks Nora, yes, I was wondering.

Rusty, similar to you, I think, I live in the mid-west. Just to the east of you in Michigan. Where are your travels taking you this week?

Whew! It was NOT a good day but I did not drink. I was so busy I did a few dumb things, like use my work credit card for groceries (big oops, I truly didn't notice it was the wrong one). I will get it straightened out tomorrow. Its not a problem, just an inconvenience. But, who does that??!!?? I use to blame that stuff on being hungover, but that surely wasn't the case today.

The good news is I told my hubs it was Day 10 and he gave me a big hug and told me he was proud of me. We are talking so much more and that feels really good to me. I didn't realize how much I was withdrawing into myself when drinking. Dang. We were probably both lonely.

Let's hope tomorrow is a calmer day for my brain!
        Important one for your journal.
        Look at you. NOT a good day and you did not drink.
        And you were able to share with hubby and feel closer.
        Both of these were huge. :hug: Congratulations.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

THANKS Nora. You are so right. It really was a GOOD day. Learned a lot. Its going in the journal!

Comment

How is it February?
            AG, glad you and hubby are getting along better. That's gotta be so helpful to you.

Rusty, my valentines day decorations are up already, hiw about you? CJ was born on valentines day, so I like to make a high deal about it.

Nora, glad you turned your day around. There's only so much you have control over.

Techie. Enjoy Colorado. Hubby and son went a few weeks back. Hubby had to take it slower too. He's just not a young as he used to be and now dealing with asthma. They loved it there.

Pauly, you made me laugh too! Mark is coming home from Vegas tomorrow night. I have not heard much from him. I hope it's the job that's keeping him so busy!

Glassie, Nursie, Skendall and eveyone else hope you're all doing ok. Have a good night

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              Liz - I hope that you had a wonderful day off today. I'm anxious to hear if you have made anymore plans.
              No real progress Nora. Truth be told CJ is getting on my nerves. She's not moving fast enough for me. Still no photographer, dj, florist or word on the 2 ceremonies. It's making me nervous but she's looking for "deals". Just book it already!
              Thanks for asking and letting me vent.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

I have been working long hours this week, but locally, so that is good. My commute sucks up 2 hrs. every day and I don't like that! :-(

AG-Congratulations on 10 days AF!!:yay::welldone: I am soooo happy for you and so proud! I am delighted that your husband sees the positive changes in you and he is proud of you, too. Those hugs mean a lot!! Please let us know if the hugs turn into something more exciting. Inquiring minds want to know. Hahahahah!! ;-). I live in Wisconsin but I go to Michigan all the time for business. Beautiful state!

Liz-I don't have my Valentine's decorations all the way up but I have a few things...dried rose buds on the dining room table. I have a burlap table runner that has red ruffles on the ends and it's really pretty and festive for V-Day. How sweet that V-Day is CJ's birthday. I bet CJ is frustrated because Joe's mother is NO help, financially or otherwise. I hope she works out some of the details soon.

Nora-GREAT job at not drinking at your micromanagerboss!! I know how hard that is for you!

Skendall-Wonderful to see you! How is everything in Texas?

Glassie-I am so anxious to hear the details of your trip!

Comment

Thank you Rusty! And yes, Liz, as we talked about, it is huge for my mental well-being. He is not drinking either, not that he drank every day anyway. Another bonus was we went to a restaurant Tuesday night (we always eat at home) after ANOTHER! basketball game and we both had water. I was going to have water, but he did too. It was nice to just enjoy the FOOD. And talk. And not worry about if I could sneak in another drink before we left. AHHHH . . .

Day 11. Onward!

Comment

Hey all,AG,congrats on 11days I've dragged on putting up the valentines decs,we had decorated for Bobbi's birthday early while she was here last week so we could actually celebrate together instead of me just sending a card that'll probably get lost again(2years in a row!) So I think I was distracted by that,Rusty,thanks for pointing out the no political talk here,its on my other thread and yes I do partake but we all pretty much have the same views so there's no fighting, did have one leave though and it breaks my heart but we all hafta do what's best for our sanity,I'm just glad we are safe from it here,Liz,I totally forgot Mark was coming to Vegas! Hope he had a nice visit,its not ALL bad here haha hi Nora,Nursie,SK etc wishing everyone a great AF Thursday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AG-you are rocking this. I am so glad you and your husband could enjoy the game without the wine! I'm at work right now but just wanted to tell you that I went to an addiction therapist in 2009, and when I told her that I liked to drink wine with my mother before dinner, she said, "it's not what's in the glass...it's the company that matters." She was right. So glad you and hubs figured that out early in your AF journey.

My mother is a moderate drinker but she likes her glass of wine at about 5:00 PM. That was something only she and I did together. It was something we shared. That was SO hard to give up. For about a year, I would arrive AFTER she had had her wine so I would not be tempted to drink it. I finally felt comfortable with her having wine and I had my club soda. At first, she didn't drink her wine in front of me...she did not want to tempt me...but I said, "Oh mom, go ahead....it doesn't bother me." Ooohhh...that was "fake it til you make it" for a good long while. Hahah!!

Congrats again and we so love having your here!!

Comment

Hello everyone. Good to see the loving support her as always. Wonderful job on 11 Days, AG. Have a great day folks!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello all. At work but wanted to say hello.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora At Work!:hug:

Hi Sweet Techie! You are such a peach for checking in with us. We love it!

Hello to Glassie, Pauly, Nursie, Lizzielou, Skendall, Wildflowers, ABC, Mr. G :heartbeatoooh....Valentine's Day is coming soon...planning on surprising me by jumping out of a cake?)

Comment

Lol rusty, lizzilou I actually love it! So cute! I hope to someday be not bothered by others drinking. Hubby does have the occassional the beer and that does not bother me, wine I think would. Your table runner sounds lovely. I bought one last year which I may now pass along to CJ when she gets married. I usually put up stuff around the office too, no time this year!

AG, 11 days is great! Glad hubby is not drinking with you. Every little bit helps. I do remember those trying to sneak another one in and hope no one notices, exhausting really.

Pauly, Mark is coming home late tonight. Poor thing is exhausted and worked hard, not sure he had any time to get out and see or enjoy anything. He does need a hair cut, I should've told him to look you up, lol.

Techie, thanks for checking in. Are you feeling ok?

Nora, how's it going at work? Are things any better?

Glassie, Skendall, wildflower hope you're all ok.

Comment

Hi all, just checking in. I just lost a yuuge post.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X