No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - February 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you Cowboy!!

Happy Valentine's Day all! I made the mistake of getting the chocolate a week ago at Costco (Dove's, Dark & Sea Salt Carmel & Light & Dark Chocolate Swirl, just those little squares that don't count, ha!). Oops. Bag is half gone. I'll give the boys their share tonight.

Have a great Tuesday Steppers! AG

Comment

Ah....thanks Cowboy.
        Happy valentine's day to everyone.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Love Day all!
          I hope you are all playing checkers tonight!!!! Lol
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Ha ha Nursie!!! Very funny!

Quiet here today. Well, another day AF. My mind is getting better at resisting AL thoughts. I need to be really extra careful the next few days as hubs is going out of town for a week. YIKES.

My plan is to stick with the plan, check in am and pm, post in Newbie's Nest, keep the electronic journal, not worry so much about food/sugar/weight right now, yoga, stay busy, and above all, no AL in the house.

Onward!

Comment

Originally posted by Nursie View Post
              Happy Love Day all!
              I hope you are all playing checkers tonight!!!! Lol
              How did you know, Nursie?
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry I'm so late in wishing you all a....Happy Valentine's Day, Steppers!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning! Checking in. I am going to be EXTRA accountable these next few days!! No worries if you don't feel like posting, as I said before, I am very good at entertaining myself! :sohappy:

Overall, I feel good, especially physically. How did I ever get anything done living in that haze? Oh wait, I didn't do so hot with that. I woke up again today ahead of the alarm. Rested and ready to go. That used to never ever happen.

I'm a little bummed because I'm not losing any weight. (Helloooo, sweets.) My sister-in-law who is now 4 months into her sobriety journey texted me this "Healthy is not about being skinny girl". Good advice, especially in the early stage where I am currently residing. With hubs gone and my work load so high this week and next, I am not going to change ANYTHING up right now.

One Day At a Time.

Comment

Great awareness AG. You got this.... "Onward" Love this.... :smile:

SK, Glad they found your purse, that your green card was there. Yes, a pain calling credit card co's. Have had person stolen more then once. Once while leaving town, not country. Safe travels.

Finishing up a project. Long over due lists. Baby steps. Feeling a bit better ea day.

Have best possible AF day everyone...

Comment

Howdy ho Wildflowers, I wasn't sure where you were hanging your hat, and you've got your visitor messages shut off, but I want to congratulate you on your 1 month milestone even though it was yesterday, so congratulations!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hola everyone. Had an excellent appt. today and some work done. Prices and final work amazing. My final will be done next week. Most of the people I've met are from U.S. and Canada and they are very happy. I posted cost details on the monthly abs.

I had a good flight yesterday and then had a 45 minute wait for shuttle I shared the bench with a little rat-faced e-marine. He surely didn't fight, maybe mopped the mess hall. He stuck with me and never shut up. We got to Algodones and he was trying to get to my hotel. I told him I had to go to hotel immediately, so he asked for my #. I gave him a false one. I looked out of the taxi
                        window to see him listening to his cell phone, frowning. Really, how presumptious was that of him.

Will keep you up-dated.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Ag hang in there. I am here if you need me or are at a weak moment! But honestly, you sound like you've got this! Yoga, I need to get back into that. I so enjoyed it, but I need to find a more regular class close by. They do one at work during lunch, yeah, because I get a lunch started running again and as much as I dislike running, I love how good I feel afterwards!

Skendall, be careful there! Good for you giving him the wrong number. Never a dull moment with you is there? Keep us posted.

Nursie you had me laughing with the checkers! You guys still remember that? Alas I fell asleep at 8:15 last night. I was that worn out from work!! Even CJ, the birthday girl went to bed early! This aging stuff is taking it's toll on her. A much better day at work today,

Wildflowers congrats on one month! Sounds like you're doing great!

Cowboy, gotta tell you, I love how you watch over us! Thanks for being here:love:

Techie, hope you enjoyed your valentines day!

Pauly, Nora, how are you doing?

Wishing you all a good night!

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                            Sorry I'm so late in wishing you all a....Happy Valentine's Day, Steppers!!!
                            Late because you were playing checkers!
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Wildflowers! Awesome on your one month. It's great to see you!

Guys, I can really relate to the weight issue! I need to lose a solid 50lbs and I think about it every day. I gained during steroid treatment, when I quit smoking and also when I quit drinking. I don't know why I fret over it so much, because I'm still damn sexy! Hahaha but I gotta get serious about losing the weight. Not today though....cookies.

Have a great night Steppers!
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks Liz! So far so good. I have been so busy with work lately I can hardly see straight. Its a good thing. I'm actually tired at night, and not so much in the morning. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work? Who knew . . .

Liz, I can't believe Ann called in again! (I think you said that a few days ago.) What is up with that? I'm so surprised she doesn't get called on it.

SK, yikes, what a creep. Glad you are ok and making progress.

WF, thanks for the encouragement. I'm so glad you are feeling some forward movement and feeling better each day. I am cautiously optimistic.

Has anyone heard from TMH? Last time we were in touch we were going to start a 30 day streak. I made it 2 days. Sigh. I think she made the 30 she wanted.

Tonight my friend had to come after me with three (3)!!! of my things that I walked off without in the gym. Sweatshirt. Oops! 2 minutes later, is that your water bottle on the bench? Oops again, yep! As I was walking out to my car she yelled from the gym door, hey, you goof ball, here's your yoga mat!! How embarrassing!

Onward!

Comment

Working...
                                X