Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2017

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
    Oh my, what an entertaining read here tonight! :eek-new: You all had me laughing. I cannot even fathom not doing sheets for a year!
    I can't say for sure that it's been that long. But, I'd be willing to take bets on it. :rotlf:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora, thanks, I am doing ok. I think i'm ready for spring : ) Although I got a little bored here today, I didn't feel like doing much. Took another nap!

Well, I think it is time to say a fond "goodbye" "farewell" "later gator" to my good friend, ice cream. Over the last 35 days, you have consistently saved me from thinking about the dreaded bottle. However, I think I'm starting to gain weight. One of the things I was looking for in this quit was to lose a little, certainly it never occurred to me I'd gain! So, it has to end, at least on a daily basis :egad:

I'm going to try to get to the gym for 1 - 2 hours tomorrow and track my food on Lose It. I'm ready for the next layer of this journey!

Onward!

Comment

Although I'm slim action, I only did 2 x 1hr of hiit/week for 3 months and went from totally crap to being able to get a fitness level that would get me in the police force. Beep test is the main one that is very endurance based. I quit all sugars except on weetbix and replaced them with grapes. I do ocassionally have icecream but not on it's own. Banana or blueberries goes very well with it

Comment

Hey all,AG,just take it easy its still early days,try and squeeze in more exercise maybe,Nora,men don't care about clean sheets for the most part,your story cracked me up I tried to pm you but not sure if it went through? I woke up feeling really good bit now as I'm getting ready Mondayitis is setting in, that dread,gotta get through! Much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning. Anxiety is through the roof. I don't know why. Bloody Mary even popped into my head. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't drink! Why did that pop into my head :sad:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, just got this in an email

STRESSING DOESN'T BENEFIT ANYBODY OR ANYTHING.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Perfect timing, SK, thank you
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                  Morning. Anxiety is through the roof. I don't know why. Bloody Mary even popped into my head. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't drink! Why did that pop into my head :sad:
                  Nora, if I had to explain all the random thoughts that popped into my head each and every day, I'd be in a hospital or prison ! Don't worry about a thought like that. Just be concerned if you start thinking it's a good idea - which we all know it's NOT. xx

Comment

Thanks folks. On the plane. NS- thanks. Yep, just a thought in and out.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Safe travels Nora
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Safe travels Nora! Yo ae every reason to the anxious! It'll all be ok. Yo a do this:hug::hug:

AG, I agree, don't worry about the ice cream and weight gain right now! You're sober and that's great! Going to work out for an hour or two is also great. Just think how good you'll fell afterward. Would a lower calorie option ice cream be an option? I know there's all kinds of stuff out there. Just a thought.

Went to a huge outlet mall about 40 minutes north of here. Always a treat to go up there. February is a good "clearance" month and I did buy a few things. Got a wallet that kinda matches my purse. It's the little things sometimes, you know. Brought dinner home for hubby and I. Tomorrow we will go out to eat. Trying to make the most of our alone time.
                        Wishing you all a peaceful AF night!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3317[/ATTACH CJ in ST Croix. Just sending you as little sunshine
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            Nora, if I had to explain all the random thoughts that popped into my head each and every day, I'd be in a hospital or prison ! Don't worry about a thought like that. Just be concerned if you start thinking it's a good idea - which we all know it's NOT. xx

Thank you NS. I thought I was the only one with crazy thoughts!

Comment

Evening Steppers! I trust you all are well!

pauly, Liz, you are right, it is still early and first things first. Most importantly, I did not drink today. I also passed on the ice cream. I didn't make it to the gym but it is ok. I had a lot to do tonight to get ready for three very busy stressful work days starting tomorrow. I also had to make cookies for the basketball team dinner. BUT, the most important thing, was I came home a little after 5pm and joined my oldest son for a delightful walk with our dog in the sunshine. We laughed, we talked about his schedule for next year, and just enjoyed each other. THIS IS WHY I DON'T DRINK. What a relief to just not think about it. In the past, I may have had him go alone because I needed to start my wine OR go with him, half listening as I'm thinking about the first drink. Ugh.

Nora, you got this. I wonder if it will be better once you are there and are digging into the process. If not, find your stone, sneak away for coffee and read/post on here, deep yoga breaths, stretch, you know what works for you. Eat ice cream, for Pete's sake! We're all thinking of you and sending good vibes your way!!
                              Last edited by actiongirl46; February 27, 2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Not going to try to respond to everyone.
                                Things going ok. My brother pulled out some moonshine. I said thanks I don't drink anymore. Whew.

I started just picking up piles and going thru them . Old magazines, etc. Brother hasn't done anything to try to prepare for this. I wish he had taken care of this type of stuff. He did wash the sheets for one bed.

I am trying not to go into overwhelm mode. There will be lots of trips to goodwill tomorrow. I am sitting surrounded by a pile already. Once we get some of this stuff out, I am hoping it will seem more manageable.

A blurb came on TV regarding the fiasco at the Oscars. I said oh I didn't see it but how awful. Brother came off with it serves them right. Karma. If they wouldn't stick their nose in what isn't their business. They shouldn't bring politics into it.
                                Ok. Regardless of if I agree with him or not. What does that have to do with my comment?!?!
                                Anyway, I turned to him and said, and we're family we don't need to discuss politics. That pissed him off and he thru his TV remote down onto the TV tray. I just kept tending the fire. He cooled off right away.
                                I just decided that I don't have to listen to this all week. If I'm going to hold back on my remarks, he can do the same.

Anyway, things are fine now. Things are going ok at home. That is all I can hope for.

Be back later to catch up with you all. Just needed to get this off my chest.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X