Join the Army Against Alcohol - February 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the Army Against Alcohol - February 2017

Although the Army is mostly in the European time zone doesn't matter where you are either in the world or in your sobriety...........come and say hello.

Pinch and punch for the first of the month and white rabbits.............anybody else know of any beginning of the month customs.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Checking in from the Emerald Isle.
    It would be nice to see how many different countries we could have posting here this month, a global army against alcohol.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Although the Army is mostly in the European time zone doesn't matter where you are either in the world or in your sobriety...........come and say hello.

Pinch and punch for the first of the month and white rabbits.............anybody else know of any beginning of the month customs.

Hi Army, applying to become new recruit. Joined this site many many moons ago and was active for a time. Had some success, few alcohol free months at a time and went from drinking a bottle of wine a night to going af during the week and just having it at weekends. Still do that but sometimes overindulge and I don't need to spell out how that feels. Have lurked but not posted but am inspired by this thread, so many just getting it!! I want what most of you have. Am Irish,living just outside Dublin, 55, empty nester, part-time worker. Af since Saturday but weekend will be the challenge so would appreciate all the help I can get. Rustop

Comment

Hello Rustop, great you decided to post. We all need the support, someone to talk to, someone who actually 'gets it' and thats what the army is so good at. Yeah weekends are always tougher at the beginning, do stick around and post, you honestly can make this change.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hello and welcome, Rustop, so pleased you decided to post and join us.

Tabbers, I love the Global army idea...........shall we do it for March?
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I signing up from Portugal.

Comment

Ok folks catch you laters gators.

Comment

Well, I'll join in and sign up for an AF February! It's -10C on a snowy morning in north-eastern Alberta, Canada..
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Greeting from Ireland on St Bridget's Day.
                    Welcome Rustop - stick around - a few of us are in Dublin area - same age profile ( ish).

Comment

Hello all! Good to see you rustop and cowboy!
                      'Ish'.. I am STILL the baby.. I just want to make that clear!!. :baby:
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Early for you this eve Mers ?

Comment

Wish I had gotten my act together as young as you have Mers ������

Comment

I'm not that far behind you Rustop!
                            I wish I'd sorted myself out a decade ago. I wish I actually didn't have anything to sort out and while I'm at it, I wish I had that ticket form 88 million!
                            We're all here now, and we'll have a hangover free day tomorrow. What's the plan for the weekend?? Are you a telly, Netflix, knitter, bookworm, yoga person? Or all of the above??

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Early for you this eve Mers ?
                              I know! Mr M is away (work and they will be langers in about 2 hours), neighbour doing the scout run, kids have no homework, inlaws cooked dinner.. it's like I'm on holidays!

Comment

Working...
                              X