Brand new here. Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new here. Hello everyone

Just joined - need help quitting alcohol and resisting the urge to drink - it's gotten so bad I can drink an entire 12 pack nightly

:welcome: to MWO Carrie! You sound just like me, a 12 pack nightly, but that was after I'd had a 12 pack during the day already! Read around the threads, post wherever you feel comfortable, everyone here is very helpful and supportive! Read, post, read, then do it some more, and take it easy on yourself, you just need to think about getting through today without drinking!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you abcowboy I have been reading and learning how to get around.

Comment

Hi Carrie & welcome to MWO, You have at this moment taken a first step in trying to take back your life, Read as much posts as you can,Post what you feel like & you will see your not alone in this battle. Good luck & hope to see you around...

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you so much Mario. I need to get my life back and together and get the alcohol out of it. All I want to do anymore or think about is drinking

Comment

This is the newbies nest link, you can drop in there and say hello .

This is the tools thread, well worth a read

Comment

Take your time , one hour one day at a time. :-)

Comment

Yes seems a bit overwhelming right now Thank u for the link. I appreciate it

Comment

Welcome, Carrie! This is a supportive and flexible group. The links Mario provided are priceless! You will find people people just like you but ahead in the quit game, so they can get you started. You will have to make your own choices, perhaps from toolbox inspiration, to find what will work for you.

Welcome to the beginning of the path to Alcohol Freedom.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thank you sunbeam. Everyone has been so nice !! Thank you for the support. I can't wait to get clean. Sober and get my life back to being happy and positive. Instead of sick. Miserable. Negative and hungover all the time

Comment

Hi, Carrie and welcome.

I'd encourage you to follow Mario's link and pop into the newbies' nest if you haven't already done that. Maybe share a little of your story and your plan for staying AF today and in the short run (worry about the long run later :wink. You'll very likely get support and ideas about implementing your plan (as well as the pitfalls that we've encountered). We're all so different from one another in many respects - but not in this one. You really can learn from the mistakes of others and not have to make them yourself! We really are stronger as a group. Glad you're here, NS

Comment

Welcome to the boards, Carrie. Keep close to the community here. I wish you all the best.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Welcome aboard, I cant imagine a better place to start your journey than in here. There is plenty of people that have been in the exact same place that you are, not matter what that place was. You are not alone.

Wishing you strength and good luck
                          Glad to be back with my second family :sohappy:
                          Last dance with the devil 5/02/11

Comment

Hi, Carrie:

Welcome to MWO and your first step toward FREEDOM! You might feel fear right now, but there is nothing to fear. What a relief it was for me to get that albatross off my back.

Hope you join a thread where you'll get more support more often. There are a couple of really active ones.

Pav

Comment

I remember that feeling so well Carrie. I found that reading and posting Something everyday was a huge help. The support I received was priceless. Stick close.
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X