Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 sober days!!!!

Hi all,

I have made it to 90 days! I can't actually believe I have done it, I never thought starting out that I would get this far but I am happy to say I don't have any cravings for alcohol now which is another completely amazing thing!!

Things are much the same at home, DH is still trying to decide what he wants to do - leave or stay - we have had many discussions, some amicable some not so amicable and things have been really strained, I have been upset, stressed, not eating, not sleeping and obsessing over the situation all the time (so has he) and the only thing to come out of all this is we have lost a stone each in weight!!! I bought a size 12 pair of trousers today for the first time since I was about 30!! I have no idea how it will all turn out, I will be devastated if we don't stay together but I am trying to be strong and carry on as normal as I can until a decision is made - not easy but I don't have a choice really!

Anyway, other than my marriage being on the rocks I am doing really well, I am still going to AA meetings and have started going to meditation classes which I love, also started swimming again and I am going to register with an employment agency for secretarial/admin work on Tuesday. Onward and upward and just wishing and hoping my life turns out ok in the long run
    Last edited by madonmehndi; February 3, 2017, 03:57 PM.
    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Congratulations on 90 days Madon!!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

90 days is a huge accomplishment. It was about then that I decided the sober life really was for me.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Great work on 90 days Madon and working on the best years of your life sober.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Comment

Congrats on your 90 days, a significant accomplishment. Your path through the rest of your life will appear as the clouds of alcohol gradually clear. Your life will be better but not perfect without alcohol.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

90 sober days - I love it Madon
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

:three:
                GREAT JOB! Im so proud of you! Getting sober doesnt solve ALL of life's problems but it sure helps!
                I hope that everything turns out how you want it. Hugs to you and keep upbthe great work! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations !!!!!!
                  I am so happy for you!!!!
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well done my friend, you've earned this!

90Day_Blue_grande__87020.1463874913.1280.1280.png
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks everyone
                      One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Ahh Maddyme wasn't sure whether to get you a lifetime pass for soft play or a cake to celebrate your 90 days...........I decided on the cake. Well done,love.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hug: Grateful you chose cake LOL thank you!!!

Comment

Congratulations Madon, was wondering how you were getting on,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

What an accomplishment, congrats. Life goes on with its ups and downs, managing those is so much easier AF. Hope things work out in your marriage. No matter what, you are feeling better and filling your life wiith positive fun activities!

Comment

Working...
                              X