We are separating and I am terrified!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are separating and I am terrified!

111 days sober today and our house has just sold and dh tells me he doesn't think we can make it and we need to separate so I need to start looking for a house to rent and I am terrified and devastated and feel so lonely and abandoned
    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Re: We are separating and I am terrified!

Oh Maddy, I am so sorry. Hugs to you.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

My heart goes out to you Maddy for the heartbreak you are feeling right now. I just want to send you some strength and a cyber hug.
      Last drink 02/17/2017

Comment

Oh Madon,I'm so sorry hon are you OK? Feel free to vent,scream,cry we're here for you((hugs))
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Madon, I am sorry to hear your news but please trust that you are going to be OK :hug:
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

So sorry to hear this Maddy. Do you have a good friend you can talk to? Are you safe? Wishing you strength and peace.

Comment

So sorry to hear that Maddy but you are a strong soul and you will make it through this. Take care of yourself.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

So sorry, Madon.

You are strong and you will survive! Thank goodness you are sober to deal with all of what is going on.

We're here for you.

Pav

Comment

"Some days, life is just hard. The days look dark. Though we may realize our faith is most strengthened, not in the easy times of life, but in the most trying, it’s often hard to work that out once we're swirling in the midst of it all. We long for carefree days, yet sometimes, God takes our hand and leads us straight into the darkest of times. Not to harm us, ever. But to bring greater strength, character, trust, beauty, and perseverance to the deepest part of our souls.

His desire for us in this life is ultimately to make us more like Him. He will not leave us sitting in dark days, but will walk with us through, until we come out on the other side. Changed. Stronger. Renewed. With great purpose."
                  Last edited by abcowboy; February 25, 2017, 09:17 AM. Reason: grammar
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Maddy, know this, you will be okay. My husband had an affair with my friend (20 yrs younger!) I can definitely relate to abandoned, self esteem issues and loyalty. The one person I would usually talk that over with was the b----tch who was fornicating with my hubs.

I definitely was lonely and afraid, especially social events. I, so arrogantly thought, he was still in love with me and he would never do that.

Jump forward and I am a much stronger person, can make decisions quicker and I LOVE my own company. Some evenings when it is dark and lonely I get a frisson of excitement b/c that evening belongs to me. I can watch what I want, read what I want and eat what I like.

It took me a long time to recognize the person he had become = an arsehole. Well, he unfortunately lost his leg, the girlfriend, his dignity and reputation. Now all is good with me and he is still that arsehole. A while after she dumped him he started to overly flatter me. It felt good to know he no longer had his 2 cents in my life.

I am currently in Mexico, alone getting some dental issues worked out and I walk straight up and with confidence.

This will happen to you also. I think you mentioned a few weeks ago that separation was a possibility. Hold on to your friends, family and MWO. You already have 100+ days of sobriety, don't lose it. You are doing great. If you will allow it, let us take you by the hand and stand with you until you are on firmer ground.
                    ';.Hugs.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thank you from the bottom of my heart everyone, I am so very glad to have this site and everyone on it and aa and all the people there too and I have a few close friends who I can and have been leaning on plus my mum and sis have surprised me with their support, I feel very grateful and I am going to be ok once I get over the initial shock I think!

Cowboy as always thank you for your support (and for making me cry even more with that post!)

Skendall thank you for your post and support and I am so sorry you had to go through that I can't begin to imagine your pain but I'm so glad you are ok now x
                      One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Sorry to here this Madon, I know you will get through this & come out the other side stronger, we are all here for you, & well done on staying the course through this tought time.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

You are doing great Maddy and have been growing ever stronger. Never lose sight of that. I'm so sorry that dh feels he can't continue this wonderful journey with you. <hugs>
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Maddy - my marriage broke up 6 years ago, I had not got sober at that time. I wished I was as I would have dealt with things so much better. I joined here not too long after.
                            6 years later on, I am happier, stronger, wiser and in so much of a better place all around - and sober!!
                            It will be tough, and hard - but you will survive (cue Gloria Gaynor), and you will be better....
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Madon,
                              Congratulations on 111 days sober, you are doing so well on your AF journey x I'm so sorry to hear your update on getting separated Sending a hug & hand to hold & thinking of you xxx
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wildflower.
                              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X