One Step at a Time - March 2017

Happy March
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - March 2017

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the kick- off Nora I hope we all have a great March,Feb was OK for me except for the two drunk days,still don't know what that was about, if you guys see me doing too much of the "quick fly by to say hi" posts please say something, I'm not asking for a babysitter but looking back I notice that my posting kinda tapers off before a drunk fest once and awhile short posts are fine but too many speaks.Louie was cracking me up yesterday! After I posted the video on Facebook (I'm becoming one of THOSE Nana's eeks!) He was watching YouTube one my old phone and the beginning of "I like big butts" came on in a commercial, he started dancing around and I like big butts and I cannot lie came out of his mouth omg I was dying laughing!! Love that kid too much Liz,I cannot wait til you get to bond with your grand baby! I'm not eating any carbs today,I feel "fluffy" gross,wishing everyone a happy AF Wednesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just got done watching David Cassidy on Dr.Phil,he says he has dementia so sad but I still think he was crunk in that concert footage they showed, I dunno why he just didn't admit it,hubs did some plumbing on his house when he used to have a show here on the strip,he said he was a nice guy,did pretty good on the carb thing today not perfect but I need to cut that junk out,hope all are well quiet here today

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi. Just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well.
          Pauly - Louie is a doll.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora,I know haha

Comment

Wondering where everyone was, I posted a bit on February. Boy did that month go quick or what? For me February was a good month! Pauly I will call you out, if your posts are short and far and between. You're doing great! I didn't see the whole David Cassidy interview, but I agree Pauly, he did seem drunk at the concert. He just seemed off the little bit I did see. I'm wondering if he is off from years of abusing or is it dementia. Sad really.
              Yes Pauly, I cannot wait for Baby W! Erin is showing a bit more now and had on maternity jeans the other day. So cute!

Nora, thanks for starting the thread, you've got so much going on right now. We are here for you.

Comment

Hi Steppers! Nora, what a great post! I love it.

In hindsight I'd have to say February was a good month as it was AF! It wasn't easy all the time but so worth it. You were right : )

I was chatting with a friend last night and she couldn't believe I had 37 days. She said (about herself) I can't go more than 1 . . . I said, yes you can, you just have to do it. She said, you make it sound so easy . . . well, I didn't say it was easy, I said you just have to do it! It brought back some not so distant memories.

Work is way to busy right now. Is it the weekend yet??

Onward!

Comment

Hey all,AG,you're sounding great Liz,that's so cute she's wearing maternity jeans,I'll be excited when the baby comes,yeah when Dr.Phil was interviewing him he said he's been "mostly sober" for 2 years,says he relapsed when he was diagnosed with the dementia cuz it depressed him,I can see that kinda but if he is drinking again he should just admit it,in the video of his concert he freakin fell over! Another thing that bothered me though is they kept going on and on about his past dui's,rehab stays,etc I just feel like if he is sober why keep bringing up the past? Like my mom does that with people who don't drink anymore, she'll always say"she used to drink ALOT" well the key word is used to.Can't believe my little Lou will be 4 this weekend, he's grown too quick! Nora,are you guys making pretty good progress with the house? Wishing everyone a happy AF Thursday

Comment

I'm going insane. My brother is more of a hindrance than a help. I wish I had a computer so I can just type it all out. Please send some positive energy that I don't lose my temper today.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Deep breaths Nora((hugs))

Comment

Nora - Was going to post some cheeze positive qoute. Thought flowers might help. Yeah, this season of life sucks!.. Haven't spoken to my brother in a year +. My Mom would be so sad. I'm thankful for God's love and forgiveness. Even tho I lack faith, and trust. Enough of that.

You'll make it through this some how. Very glad your wonderful Son and DIL are there to help. Have read Nora's journey. It's a great soulful book. Even tho you don't know me, I love you!... Oh and welcome back to beautiful green Oregon. I'm farther North or would have offered a hand. Have new family your way. Its a small world after all. Which reminds me of my neighbors daughter & sil moved from St Croix back to the green state in Dec.

I'm drinking again and not super happy about this. Mr WF is, well I hate this shite. and hate graves disease more. From Hypo to hyper in 4 wks. Want to cut this f ***** thyroid our of me. Plz clean my grit sand out of my eyes. I know stop the pity party. If you only knew. My kids.. NVM

Have 12 people trying to accomadate hubs 60th. Should have starting planning a year ago. Too many schedules. Cany afford to pay for all of this. SIL just called and didnt pick up. so depressed. I may smoke some pot, thats been in garage since last kid moved. Better that thin severe depression.

Be good all you sweet people. :heartbeat:

Comment

Hi all.

AG 37 days already? I love seeing the numbers grow on new sobriety.

Pauly, I agree, they do grow too fast. I loved Vivian's 2-5 yrs. Now she is so darned intelligent it's like talking to an adult. Still adorable.

On the teeth - still some pain and soft food for a while. My face is still bruised, but the swelling is coming down.

On the back issue I have 4 ruptured discs, not 2. I thought it was L1 and L3, but it's 1 thru 4. So, I'm having surgery on the 24th. I am going with the Superion method where they make an incision and clean it out and place like a spacer between the discs. Imagine a large paper holder that you press to open it up. Same principle, except it's a cute little purple thing. On the knee, I have 2 tears on the meniscus and the cartilage is shredded. They don't feel I need a new knee at this point so this will be done arthroscopically. The 2 ops are 7 days apart. The knee will heal the fastest.

The back - no lifting for 2 months and 77% recovery in about a year. But during that year I should be pain free. These injuries came from being in a seat belt, except for the knee into the dashboard, I doubt I would have made it if I had been thrown from the car.

My daughter is being very helpful and will take Peggy for however long I should need.

I don't know if this makes sense, but on the pain, people have asked me how I can still walk etc. and I told myself after the accident that to remain independent I would just have to suck it up. I can't sit for very long etc. Today, when I received the news on the back I was walking to my car and thought "my back is a real mess" and the pain was worse. Maybe that's coincidence or mind control, who knows?

I'm just relieved it's getting fixed and then go to my gap b/c she wants to discuss my blood work:egad: At least I have my new smile to smile thru it all.

Nora, I can well imagine your insanity and have no suggestions. Maybe give him a jigsaw puzzle lol?

Liz, that is so cute about CJ.

Talk later.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Wildflowers:hug:
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Nora, wildflower, Skendall :hug: I wish I was there to help. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

AG, this is the longest you've gone without? Don't you feel good? Being busy is usually a good thing for me, I hope it is for you too.

Pauly, how is Louie 4 already? Then again, how is my son 23? Time just goes I guess.

I'm off to bed, tomorrow is my long/early day. Wishing you all a restful AF night. Sweet dreams!

Comment

Working...
                              X