One Step at a Time - March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - March 2017

Maybe after work Liz,I can't have ice cream for breakfast haha! The person offended for no likes was on another forum and I thought she was acting childish over it,I like the likes but then I don't cuz its too easy just to "like" a post but not comment but then sometimes its nice cuz I don't have much to add about what's been said but still appreciate it ya know?
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone - so quiet here today. We really need to get this joint hopping. :banana-computer: :rotlf:

Liz - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. :hug: How fun that you are going to Texas next month though. And, thanks for asking about me. I'm doing fine. It was a stressful trip but I am ok.

Pauly - Did you get your sonic? how was work today? We had two employees have a verbal altercation today. One employee came into the office to complain about the other one. The other one had grabbed his arm. But, as this employee walked out of the office, he said that he could just stab him. Oh my gosh. Seriously. He said it 3 different times. These are long term employees in their late 50's.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SK - when is your surgery?

AG - great job on getting so much done. Hope things are still going better with hubby.

WF - congrats to you too. You are doing so well.

Rusty - did you get your refrigerator all taken care of? Did you lose a lot of food?

Techie - how are you feeling? Treatments going ok?
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I just wanted to say that it was lovely having people dropping in. The door is always open, please don't hesitate to join in whenever you want to.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

∆∆What she said,we love visitors the door is always open and we'll leave the porch light on

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well I've gone overboard on clicking likes & thanks. :smile: I couldn't help myself. Abstaining only lasted a day. lol Guess the thing is I'm overly sensitive sometimes, paranoid and lack healthy esteem. When I've read someone thinks their hogging the thread, my natural instinct is to help them not think or feel this. Just going to make sure I leave no one out 80-90% of time. I'm not offended if you don't click or like my posts, unless a long... time go's bye. Which with all the nice people on Steppers thread, that would likely be impossible.

Rusty thanks so much for clearing this up... :smile:

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                ∆∆What she said,we love visitors the door is always open and we'll leave the porch light on
                Lol Pauly, wasn't there a hotel commerical like that?

Expecting some snow for tomorrow. I always worry about driving in it. Hubby will be driving to the funeral but I am hoping it won't be a lot of accumulation.
                Went to the wake today. He was a fireman and former fire chief. Wow, do those guys know how to send off one of their own! Really got us choked up. It was a lovely tribute. Just feeling sad and outta sorts tonight. I must admit I really wanted to numb those feelings with al. I did not and managed to distract myself. Just worn out.
                Wishing you all a restful AF night.

Comment

I'm sorry Liz for your sadness! :hug: Will say a little prayer tonight. Hope your able to get rest tonight. It's understandable to have these thoughts at times. Very glad you distracted yourself, felt your feelings and didn't drink!

Comment

Liz - great job on getting thru without the alcohol. Sending you lots of positive energy.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Great job Liz! Those emotions are tough but you did it. I hate that gnawing out of sorts feeling.

Rusty, we did have high winds here yesterday. Lots of tree limbs down but no major damage or power loss. I think Detroit got hit a lot harder. Grand Rapids too.

I have been fighting a cold all week but unable to cancel anything at work. I had two meetings cancel tomorrow so I'm free to be in my home office. YAY! Hopefully this will get me over the hump.

See u tomorrow!

Comment

Feel better, AG. :hug:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly, Good to hear Lou's Dad will be OK! Thinking this may be your daughter's spouse-bf dad, or her grandpa. Sorry not up to speed. My mom was hospitalized more then once for dehydration. She rarely drank water. Diet coke everyday all day. She was a diabetic. Her reason was the water wasn't cold enough. So I bought her a special container and special ice cubes. Still didn't drink much water. She said it didn't taste good.

Hope Detroit folks get their electricity back on soon. Glad AG's area wasn't hit as bad. Will look at weather news. It's been strange weather in many places. Hope you feel better to AG.

Comment

Morning Steppers!

Feeling a little better today so I'm hoping to get some exercise. Outside (the freaky winds are gone). Thanks for the well wishes!

I need to be extra careful today and tomorrow. This sounds really awful, so take it for what it is, my mother is coming to town We have a good relationship but it can be complicated. My way of dealing with my feelings (notice I didn't say her, its my feelings that I need to deal with . . . just talking to myself here) is to numb them with AL. I think it is just the nature of the mother-daughter? child? thing that she can get me from 0 to 1000 in about 2 seconds. And she certainly doesn't mean to, she is not mean or spiteful in any way, we are just very different people. She likes to share her opinions and expects agreement. I usually keep my opinions to myself. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me (ok, just the smart ones, kidding).

Well, there is tonight and tomorrow's challenge. They have their own place about 5 miles from us so they don't stay with us. My dad and I are so much alike it isn't funny. I have no triggers with him and we could probably spend 3 weeks together very easily.

I am incredibly grateful that at age 52 I have healthy happy parents who love me very much. They are wonderful people and contribute a great deal to our family and their community.

This is a small thing but it is a big thing for my internal triggers. Nora, if you can do it with so much more verbal and negative "noise", I can too.

Thanks for reading my latest ramble. More later, you lucky Steppers you!!

Comment

AG, I totally understand! Be strong. I would think of a way to reward myself. It's only a few days and the best part is they have their own place! My in laws would stay with us a week or two at a time, hard to believe but that was before my drinking.
                              Happy Thursday guys!

Comment

Hey all,Liz,I think it was a Motel 6 commercial haha,
                                AG,my mom is a HUGE trigger! Our problem is tho that we were great drinking buddies,before I started drinking I'd spend most of my time at my in laws or dads house when we visited home cuz I couldn't stand my moms crabby attitude and drinkin, after I started drinking we were joined at the hip!
                                WF,people are supposed to post about what's going on with them,to me that's how we bond and offer help,I can't get to know anyone if its all"hi,its snowy,here,I'm not drinking" I want to know what a person is doing that day,how the kids are,what they ate haha it was my little g-sons dad who went to the hospital for dehydration, he's only 28 so only has 1/2 a brain haha,he should know that human beings need water to survive
                                Nora,I seen you posting last night and wanted to post back but my 600 lb life was on at the time and that show sucks me right in! How's mom? Did she did ok with hubs,know you were gone?
                                Techie,where's your next journey? How are you feeling? I always look forward to seeing you
                                Rusty,are you all caught up on your work? You cracked me up that night when you didn't feel like doing your paperwork and just kept posting here,,I get it
                                Brady is short credits to graduate, I told him to just get his GED,he missed the night school deadline by a day but tbh I honestly don't think he'd go to school all day then go to night school, he's a lazy arse like his mom! Satz said she talked with Mr.G!! Huge relief,I get very worried about the missing peeps,much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X