Join the Army Agarinst Alcohol ..............Mad March 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Agarinst Alcohol ..............Mad March 2017

Jc just thinking there about the clocks , I have laptop, iPad iPhone & some other sort of phone & they all went forward by themselves ,I didn't t touch them, Isent that amazing , There is just somethings I don't understand in this life but its great just to accept them for what they do.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Also see lav has eight years clean & sober, there is a thread here started by good auld mick, be nice to drop in & say what ever you like to say :-)

Comment

Good morning,
        Backy, never seen that.....they still exist.

Ne, 'Gerrus some fags on yer way home pet'.............translates to 'Please get me some cigarettes on the way home from the office, darling'. We don't like to many words.

YouTube

Watched boxing with my dear auld Dad, Muhammid Ali was Cassius Clay.....just sort of stuck.

Just the kitchen clock, Mr JC's alarm clock and my wee watch ( bought sometime in the last millennium) everything else just changes like magic :fairy:
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
          I'm still looking up words when I'm reading. Gaff and manky. Mhaire (still don't know what you meant, Molly!)

This post is almost incomprehensible:

JC, boxing? Like the kind where people hit each other? I don’t know why that surprises me. Boxing makes me want to cry. I can’t stand to see people hit each other. It’s kind of embarrassing, actually.

Mary, “feck the fags” :congratulatory:

Ktab, what kind of meditation do you do? Is it online? What kind of puppy? How old?

Lots of good thoughts going out to the peeps who mentioned drinking thoughts and the joys of not drinking. I’m actively not thinking about how many days, but apparently the Mr. is keeping track. It’s been 7 weeks and a day, according to him. 50 days! Yay! But even though I don’t want to drink, I’m not craving, I don’t think about or miss it… I still think about it and miss it and wish he would go away for a couple of days. Would I drink? I doubt it. Doesn’t keep me from thinking I would and wishing he would... So, so weird. Addiction is a crazy thing. Very nice to hear I’m not the only one in this boat. Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts.

I've got so many reasons and positive reinforcements for not drinking. People reaching out to me from where I went to rehab. People from the meeting I go to texting and calling for support. It makes me feel like a hypocrite, in a way, since I'm offering hope and light and jeez, I don't always feel that way. Hell, to be honest, I'm not sure I feel that way in general. Life is hard right now. But it's good to be wanted and to be able to share all this stuff that swirls in my head. I'm rambling now, aren't I?

Love this thread and you peeps. Hi Mario! And the others I didn't mention...
          xx
          Nice to have you here Neva !!!:welcome:
          Agree on the boxing BTW - horrible 'sport' !

I'm still looking up words when I'm reading. Gaff and manky. Mhaire (still don't know what you meant, Molly!)
          Neva :
          Gaff = house (slang)
          Manky = dirty , horrible (slang)
          Mhaire = the Irish word for Mary
          Last edited by satz123; March 26, 2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
            Lovely day here, Sun is beaming with heat, not like that mirage ye have back home :-)
            :harhar:
            What's rare is wonderful Mario :yay:

Is yer Mammy is still this side folks ? If so, ring her :hug:
            If not remember her :heart:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO THE MAMMIES - PAST & PRESENT - they're always with us !!!!
            Last edited by satz123; March 26, 2017, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Another moment of clarity yesterday.
              I was at the drinks cabinet looking for a flower vase - it suddenly dawned on me the thought of a drink didn't even cross my mind. It is full to the brim with wine & spirits. I just don't see it any more.
              Now if I could just do what Mario has done and do the same with chocolate & all things sweet ..........
              Everything reminds me of chocolate - even the the colour purple. :egad:

Last edited by satz123; March 26, 2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Hello again, well we are back from our walk and what a stunning beautiful day it is here. That is the 10k steps for today sorted but seeing as is was all on sand and pebbles does that count as 15K? Puppy fed and asleep so its off to the shop for me now, followed by a spot of lunch, maybe a nana nap then its off to attack the garden. Speaking of chocie I just had a couple of squares of whole nut with my coffee, a bar can last me a month, weird isn't it how AL is the only thing that I have a problem with, very happy about that.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

to all you lovely lasses on the other side of the pond! I suppose simnel cake is in order today?

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have a wonderful Mothers Day, Ladies xoxo
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Another moment of clarity yesterday.
                      I was at the drinks cabinet looking for a flower vase - it suddenly dawned on me the thought of a drink didn't even cross my mind. It is full to the brim with wine & spirits. I just don't see it any more.
                      Now if I could just do what Mario has done and do the same with chocolate & all things sweet ..........
                      Everything reminds me of chocolate - even the the colour purple. :egad:
                      It's better unwrapped, Satz
                      cafbury.png

Comment

Evening,
                        Quick read back.. Happy Mammy Day to you and yours.. Being pampered is hard work let me tell you
                        Ne, your coming along now on your studies..
                        Love the cake Cowboy!

Have to hit the hay - later..
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning to all you regulars, occasional visitors and especially to anyone out there who is just browsing this morning, do pop in and say hello.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning .

Comment

We had a lovely warm sunny day yesterday , then last night we had huge thunder storm, so this morning its cloudy with the sun trying to break through.

Comment

Good morning lovelies and lovely cake makers and lovely people yet to say hello.

Really misty this morning and the sun's just peeping through gonna be a beautiful day.

Jenny finally leaves the hospitality industry after 13 years this Friday....had her on the phone last night having one of her major panic attacks.......but between us she got through it.

She's got a new job to go to...........just temporary while she flings her CV far and wide............in the wee sandwich shop across the road from their cottage.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X