Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Agarinst Alcohol ..............Mad March 2017

Evening,
    Well I drank more after I gave up the cigs so I cant say I noticed my sleep being affected. and yea the fags suppressed appetite, but that balances out in no time.
    I am very supportive of your new wardrobe Jacks :sohappy:

Satz, annoying on the interview, but chalk it up to experience? Anything more on the horizon?

Had an unplanned pit stop in Kildare too Rusto.. spending my 'wine' money (thats I how a justify it, still!).
    Confirmation today, lovely day but Im knackered. I moved seats at the lunch so I could ignore the wine comments from my usual pusher. I think that unless I give her a credible explanation, this will always be the way - and so be it. Its slightly amusing, Mrs doyle style, will ya have a small little tiny glass.

Night night.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Yes it is :happy2:
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Evening -
          Went for another interview today.
          Boxing above my weight I think - it was in a charity that deals with deaf & hard of hearing folks.
          I think their job spec should have said sign language needed.
          I mean an 'Information Officer' for deaf folk - with no way of actually giving them information - FFS !!
          GGG RRRRR hate my time to be wasted ..................
          Whenever anyone mentions sign language it reminds me of something from years ago. When I started work (1980!) I spent the 1st 13 years of my working life in Solicitors offices. I dealt mainly with criminal stuff but also some bits of general litigation. I had this couple who were clients, who were profoundly deaf and had been from birth. They could, generally, only communicate with signing and their son would come along to any appointments to interpret.

I told them I needed them to produce certain documents for their case and the son interpreted this and the sign language between the couple got more and more agitated until they were standing up and almost throwing the signs at each other. It turned out neither knew where the papers were and they were having a full-blown row, in sign language as to which of them was at fault for losing the documents.

I know we shouldn't laugh at these things but it was, looking back, incredibly amusing to see this!

Comment

Sun beaming down here, I have a day of but working tonight , I am sure there be a lovely moon.

Comment

Jc I gave up smoking before I gave up drinking, Don't remember what I went through re withdrawals, Hope this helps :-)

Comment

Morning Army.......
                I'm like Mers - I think my drinking escalated when I quit smoking. Wine was the new 'friend' :egad:
                And Mers my SIL is the same as your friend - the pusher.
                Funny enough she's accepted it - only took 5 years.
                She hates me sometimes 'cos her husband uses me as an example - when she once again has to be carried up the stairs.

Toe knee I know NOTHING about deaf folk or their challenges - except what I read on the website hurriedly before interview. It's very interesting really.
                I'd be excited to learn but they may not be prepared to wait for me to get up to scratch.
                Last edited by satz123; March 31, 2017, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                  Morning Army -- must do mega read back - been busy out all week - very busy at work and then I had to do a course after work -- have also been studying our 'anti-bullying' policy in the work place after the appalling suicide of one of my colleagues husbands who works within the same organisation - the irony being that one of the 'bullies' is one of the authors of said document -- the anger I'm feeling at the moment is not good for me..
                  Fecking typical Molls. I've seen that lip service so many times - and I am so glad to be out of the bullshit.
                  Only when I look back do I see how we were groomed to believe that we were making a difference and that we mattered.
                  No wonder I always graduated towards the extra curricular activities - Charity Team / Safety Team - because THAT mattered to someone's life.

Bitter & Twisted ? Moi ? :haha:

Comment

Evening. And it's a lovely one out there. Think I'm just happy to see the end of this long week!

I'm always interested in you SIL Satz, cos we all have one of those. 5 years, really! Of course the comments are only to make herself feel better and I won't judge (too much) because the shit that went around my head for many years was nuts.

Sometimes Molly I think that we write or read and sign Off on these policies and they are just words, ticking a box. People twist things to believe what ever they what - there's an excuse for everything. See above.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening,
                      Molls it must been very difficult to be sitting on your hands and biting your lip, have one of these darling :hug:

Had to smile at the warring sign language,Tony...........Mr JC's office have a few clients that are deaf, interpreters aren't cheap. Re-train Satz.

I smoked more when I gave up the drink............Think I'm passed the worst and as long as I don't handle any heavy machinery, tiredness won't kill me or anyone else
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Evening,
                          Molls it must been very difficult to be sitting on your hands and biting your lip, have one of these darling :hug:

Had to smile at the warring sign language,Tony...........Mr JC's office have a few clients that are deaf, interpreters aren't cheap. Re-train Satz.

I smoked more when I gave up the drink............Think I'm passed the worst and as long as I don't handle any heavy machinery, tiredness won't kill me or anyone else
                          you may have a good point there Jacks :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                            Good morning.
                            Morning Mario. You sneaked in there when I wasn't looking

Comment

Working...
                            X