No announcement yet.

Things we don't have to deal with anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:welcome: back [MENTION=16892]westiesrock[/MENTION], hope to see you active on the threads again!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Things we don't have to deal with anymore

ABC :welcome: back [MENTION=16892]westiesrock[/MENTION], hope to see you active on the threads again!
      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Ditto. :welcome: [MENTION=16892]westiesrock[/MENTION]. You can do this!...

Comment

Worrying that meeting up with friends at 6 on a Friday means all plans for Saturday are trashed!

Comment

my apologies sf
          Last edited by ssd858; April 22, 2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=16892]westiesrock[/MENTION]! Why not walk into the daylight with us here! It is so much brighter. And it can
            be yours!

Comment

SSD - I am alcohol free. That's why I don't have to deal with that any more - as per the thread title. I'd also appreciate any other comments you have being of a supportive tone rather than a preachy one.

All the best.
              SF
              Last edited by Soft Focus; April 22, 2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Its great waking up & not thinking you are carrying the whole world on your shoulders, waking up with the anxiety & worry of what I did & say last night & how will I get my Beer today.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi ssd858!
                  Thanks for reaching out to me! I was AF for three years. Now living in a beach community which has proven to be a HUGE challenge to be AF. Wish I never had that glass of wine with the "crew a year and a half ago Need to get back on the site...it was my savior 4 years ago. I can do it again.
                  "Leap and the net will appear." - John Burroughs

Comment

[MENTION=16892]westiesrock[/MENTION]: 3 years is so great! I, too live in a beach community and the daily wine hour is a
                    tough one to avoid. We have some neighbors that walk the block each night with their wine glass!
                    I make my fake mimosa with fresh oj and tonic and mostly feel good. At close to 60 days my brain
                    has been playing tricks on me trying to entertain that "just one" which I know is not possible.

Happy to have you back!

Comment

Hi Westiesrock,
                      Glad you are back. I have been sober for 3 years, thank you for reminding me how easy it is to have that 'one drink'. It never is just one eh? That is the problem for us.

Hang in there, you can do it again. It's worth it. Just focus on today, don't drink today.

xo
                      Narilly
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I have no idea how you found me. Was quite surprised when I received your email. I so regret going back to drinking after 3 yrs AF. Guess each of us has to figure that out for ourselves. Am still drinking but want so much to be AF again. It is a very difficult environment living in "party city" but it will destroy me.

Comment

Thank you so much!
                          Yes that 1st drink after 3 years felt so good. BUT it quickly escalated, even beyond my prior drinking...similar to Birdies story...what she says is true...too bad we don't listen.

Comment

Originally posted by westiesrock View Post
                            I have no idea how you found me. Was quite surprised when I received your email. I so regret going back to drinking after 3 yrs AF. Guess each of us has to figure that out for ourselves. Am still drinking but want so much to be AF again. It is a very difficult environment living in "party city" but it will destroy me.
                            Hahahaha,,,exactly! Been there, done that

Comment

Working...
                            X