• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol - April 2017

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Wentworth Prison - is BRILLIANT !!!
    cell block H??
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning AAAers

Thanks for the responses yesterday. It was something really scary to know, absolutely, that if it was not for the Antabuse I WOULD have had that drink. But, hey, that's part of the recovery programme so it did it's job. My Pharmacist managed to find some more and the supply issue is looking promising but I can't stay on it forever and have to get my mind around the craving. I think you're right, Jacks, It is a "mind-game" that we play with ourselves after something like that, the "what if I had...?" and that thought is worth bugger all in the greater scheme of things.

I've got through the weekend now, with that 70 day issue, and I'm now trundling on through the next few weeks to my PB which I know will be difficult again...

By the way, JC, love the coffee picture. The second one looks as though it's a half and half, black and white coffee...love that idea and I can see from the pattern in the milk on one of the cups which chain it came from...Wonder what they'd say if I went in and asked for a half and half!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
        cell block H??
        Ha - showing your age, Mick. I remember that one too. Great at the time but the scenery moved so much it made Crossroads look realistic!

Comment

Tony ,what do you mean ?crossroads was real...Meg Sandy Miss Dianne Benny David Hunter Jim Baines.................wasnt it? :egad:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I'm not so sure...I was doing some work around the Midlands at that time and as many times as I passed through Brownhills, I never ever saw the Diner!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Wentworth Prison - is BRILLIANT !!!
              Too right. New series starts this summer.

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              cell block H??
              Its still got one but its no smoking..........Loved that as well. It was on very late at night when the son and heir was born............I always used to do the last feed of the day and stayed up to watch it. Geez he's 29 this year.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Busy morning ahead & tonight, but in between its beach time :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning, work today punctuated by a walk on the beach at lunchtime. Oh and it is sunny :yay:
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning,
                      Chuck a towel on a sun lounger I'll be down later.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello JC, little video of some of the amazing places I am lucky enough to live near. Any wonder I love getting out and walking.

YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                          Hello JC, little video of some of the amazing places I am lucky enough to live near. Any wonder I love getting out and walking.

YouTube
                          Thanks for that Ktab, we are truly blessed. Work day for me so only managed down the road with the doggies but will be taking to the hills tomorrow. My favourite walk of all time is the Spinc in Glendalough, it was on that video. Will have to see if I can find any takers to come with me soon.

Comment

Morning Rusty, Glendalough is an amazing place alright and that walk is fantastic, I like the walk up to the old miners village too. I am selfish though I prefer to walk where I meet no one else and am alone with my thoughts (and puppy of course).

Comment

Don't know why looking at that brought this to mind ........YouTube

Because of you lovely lot of the Army I've seen some beautiful places in Ireland........if any of you want a tour of round Northumberland let me know and I'll get Mr JC to hoover out the car.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                                Late checkin.. Thats a fabulous video Tabbers - when the sun shines, it is paradise. I haven't discovered half enough of your neck of the woods JC, spent lots of time south of you, but definitely on the To Do list. Id love to back pack around with the kids. One of these days!!

Boozy night coming up on Friday - here, in our house. I was perfectly ok about this until MrM came home with the booze earlier and my stomach did an involuntary flip and I let my mind wander. I'll be fine, just having a pre moan. Plus, makes me aware, I cant get complacent.. ever.

Night X
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X