Join the Army Against Alcohol - April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol - April 2017

That's fantastic to here ktab, I am really delighted for you, and that your enjoying the new life once we break away the chains. Have you got to the stage yet and asked yourself why did you ever bother, I have asked myself that on numerous occasions, its crazy.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

The question I ask myself is how did I let it get to the stage it did before I finally said enough. But having said that I have no time for regrets, life is too short, live the day. So off out for a spin on the bike soon, having a long lazy lunch out today with my best mate.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I wouldn't have visited without a mention! It's been handy if a topic has come up you don't know as much about as someone else I guess? Then you can mention that person & they can offer their experiences & expertise? Like marijuana - I don't know much but if I knew someone who suffered from multiple sclerosis & AL addiction it might help/be relevant?
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

@satz 123 so Satz has a gap and [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] has a gap as well [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] but Molly doesn't have a gap [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] doesn't either and I doubt very much I'll be @iing at Tabbers.............it gets complicated.

I'm still getting the hang of multi-quoting and I still don't know what a poke is on FB.

Mr JC''s off to his mother's with his rug doctor..........there'll not be a fecking dry carpet in the area. She'll have a dicky fit when she sees the muck that comes out.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi AAAers
            Just so you get a mention [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and to try and see if it can be done [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]

Back off to work now!

Comment

Hello there AAAers..
              [MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]oyboy Thanks for the explication.. I like it, but it is is a little more laborious that quoting, especially if a person has a long and complicated name (@Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) ), but nothing that a copy and paste wont fix. OK I get it.
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] - you make good points too. It was worth mentioning
              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] I wonder does capitals make a difference.. I shrunk your C to test.

Busy day, full house tomorrow. Im here doing treasure hunt clues (cryptic..evil laugh) .. Its always a bit of craic and no expectations of booze - just chocolate.
              Last edited by IamMary; April 15, 2017, 04:19 PM. Reason: tabbers big long complicated name failed to get mentioned
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Im just going to [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]to for when she comes back from her holliers

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  I'm still getting the hang of multi-quoting and I still don't know what a poke is on FB.
                  A poke is just that JC - a poke. like a wave. Its probably the only reason Ive ever used FB! I just logged on to poke you but I cant fine the button and there are so many posts to read and everyone is outraged or sooooooooooooooo proud... I ran away again..

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I did something wrong in my previous post, an imposter ABC got mentioned:egad:
                    This is not an exact science.

Night night

Comment

From the looks of things Mary, you've got it figured out!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Army & a happy Easter Sunday to you all.

Comment

Ok I now going out as I have appointment with my barber :-) The things us men must endeavour...

Comment

Morning and Happy Easter

Off up to Ma and Pa in laws shortly. Jenny and her fiancé arriving later with Buddy for a late lunch and then a very fragile son and heir staying the night after a stag weekend in Hamburg (his flight doesn't get in to 11pm)
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning campers. Happy Easter Sunday to you all.

Boasty alert : :egad:

Off here today with DD for a Spa break. One night of utter sumptuousness - Mother's day gift from DD.
                              .............. somene goota do it

Edit : best part is no men making decisions FOR us !!! :yay:
                              Last edited by satz123; April 16, 2017, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Happy Easter folks. Looking for those eggs JC was hurting my brain until I realised there were 5 big ones....err maybe?

So one of my friends has a holiday villa in the mountains in Northern Spain and four of us are heading over there for a long weekend in a few weeks time. Now a couple of these lads really like to drink and I haven't spoken to them yet regarding my new sober self. I suppose it is putting myself in harms way somewhat because a fair bit of time in their company is normally spent in the local watering holes, with me as the main instigator if truth were told. But I feel strong enough right now and I can't live in a shell socially or exclude myself from things just because AL is involved. I am looking forward to the rest of the trip which I imagine I will really enjoy so I have agreed to go, I know only too well however that I just need to be very careful.
                                Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); April 16, 2017, 04:28 AM.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X