X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol - April 2017

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    Evening.
    There are some good ads on the radio recently here about watching your Al intake. Nothing too pushy, just putting seeds in peoples heads to cut back.. anyway, the website that goes with it here, looks good - but, I think they are really underestimating the 'glass' of wine measure, representing a single unit. As an ex wino, id be delighted to misinterpret this info - whereas the UK drinkaware site tells me that Im actually drinking 3.5 units!
    Just an observation.
    Mary, I used to think I was so much better than thosed hardened drinkers who drank half a bottle of vodka (or even a full one) until I went on a bars training session when we had to learn the calculation of units....

3 bottles of 14% wine is 31.5 units and a FULL BOTTLE of vodka is less at 28 units!!!! (For those across the pond I think a bottle is a fifth)

(So that means a 14% small 125ml glass (or a "sip"!!!) is 1.75 units; a medium 175ml is 2.45 units and a large 250ml is 3.5 units)
    Last edited by tonyniceday; April 19, 2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
      Mary, I used to think I was so much better than thosed hardened drinkers who drank half a bottle of vodka (or even a full one) until I went on a bars training session when we had to learn the calculation of units....

3 bottles of 14% wine is 31.5 units and a FULL BOTTLE of vodka is less at 28 units!!!! (For those across the pond I think a bottle is a fifth)

(So that means a 14% small 125ml glass (or a "sip"!!!) is 1.75 units; a medium 175ml is 2.45 units and a large 250ml is 3.5 units)
      Ain't worth the bother Toe Knee :haha:

Comment

Evening

Honestly I used to think one glass of wine was one unit.............never occurred to me about the ABV . I'm sure someone's got.......... if one why not none........ in their signature...........give us a wave if you're out there

The man that can came and put the socket in......and now we have a TV upstairs..........we've been in this house 31 years next week and never had a TV upstairs.

Other than that the main excitement of the day was getting half a teddy bear stuffed........poor wee thing still needs his arms and legs stitched on.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
          Ah..thats why I was getting all those hangovers:egad:

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          The man that can came and put the socket in......and now we have a TV upstairs..........we've been in this house 31 years next week and never had a TV upstairs.
          Congratulations JC! Think itll be 31 years before I get a socket too!
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning AAAers

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
            Congratulations JC! Think itll be 31 years before I get a socket too!
            Well I know a man that can when you do

I'm away to work..........I'll just leave these here for those who turn up.........

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army.

Thanks for the coffee Jc . all seven of them :-)
              Last edited by mario; April 20, 2017, 01:55 AM.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

WElcome back Satz, You escaped from de hotel I see.

Comment

You never had a tv upstairs Jc :egad: Strange , sure what else what you be doing in the bedroom but only looking at tv.

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                    You never had a tv upstairs Jc :egad: Strange , sure what else what you be doing in the bedroom but only looking at tv.
                    Cheeky monkey :hangingmonkey: We read goodly and uplifting books
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning, no TV in our bedroom.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning AAAers, was going to do a shout out for you Tabbers. How are you and how is your lovely Poppy?
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Mornings Army .

Comment

Morning Mario,

Off to my no smoking advisor woman this morning...........6 weeks yesterday.............and £298.20 saved in those 6 weeks. Weirdly I'm not shovelling chocolate down or over eating...........can't get enough of polo mints though.

Rather sad weekend as we're going to see one of my Aunt's who's been taken into a nursing home....she's only 83. She was found wandering the street by the police at 4am the other day and was taken to emergency care. Not sure of all the details but she will need 24/7 care and will need a medical facility as well as nursing.............rare as hen's teeth. She never married or had children and all us remaining cousins are far and wide. She does have a sister near but she must be 88.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well done you on your non smoking Jc,

Comment

Morning Troops

Well done JC on your six weeks NF - Prize Patrol doesn't exist on this thread, but at six weeks behind you, and firmly in your rear view your still deserve one of these :butt:
                                Last edited by tonyniceday; April 21, 2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X