Join the Army Against Alcohol - April 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol - April 2017

It does get very slow sometime Ktab, Could be a lot of reasons for it , But i 100% know that one of the reasons is not ,,, that everyone is free & cured :-)

How did the hospital go with you ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

The newbies nest has taken of again, as it was very quite for a few weeks ...

Comment

Hi Mario, have to go back to the doctor for test results etc next week so fingers crossed. Gota run work calls, have a good one.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ok have a nice day.

Comment

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in. Up to my eyes with visitors. Hope all are well.

Comment

Evening, enjoy your visitors, Russy.

I knew it was going to be a good day when I found the end of the sellotape first time trying this morning. Then at the AA meeting a lad I used to work with came in...........we were very fond of each other, he left work all of a sudden and unfortunately he'd gone back on the gear (heroin). This was a few years back...........he's going to a mixture of AA and NA meetings. I was thrilled to see him and after giving him several clips round the ear decided we'll be meeting for coffee in a couple of weeks

Then went down into the cafe and two babies......... 3 weeks old....... both of them born to mothers in recovery, very special little ones :heartbeat:

And to top the day off nicely took Bess to the vets. Its always a bit nerve racking when your dogs 13 but apart from needing a daily painkiller for her arthritis she's as fit as a flea

It is quiet, I can't see what we can do to make it busier. Ideas most welcome.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello quite Army..
                Ah it will pickup again. For the couple of years (almost, more I suppose as a lurker) I've been here, it's been seasonal, without rhyme or reason. Well, when help is needed it really comes to life.. that's what's most important.

You've had a busy day JC.. the word 'heroin' always conjours up the mental picture of the Worst addict! Is there such a thing? I suppose there is.. I read a short and slightly disturbing story once by a comedian called Limmy about a guy who became addicted to the water in radiators, it was bizzare but it stuck with me!

Tony.. hope that's good news for you, Nothing to be concerned about?
                Enjoy the visitors rusto!
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I found it. Funny and Ridiculous but hey, who are we to judge!!

Comment

Howdy ho y'a'll.....quiet in here? Well, I can change that lol...

One of you lovely ladies mentioned Riverdance, well as y'all know I'm a country boy through and through, country music mainly for me, and Bubba and I were country dance instructors for many years. A few years ago, we, along with our youngest daughter went to the Riverdance concert in Edmonton. I can put up with a whole lot of music genres, and some I can't, but Riverdance was incredible!! I don't care how old you are, where you were born, what country you live in, if you don't find this incredible I'm not sure what is... enjoy...
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Army from a very wet Spain , me driving a lot last few days & wont be finished till maybe next week. so it goes...

Comment

Morning, morning, morning.
                        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...........I've never seen them live but remember my sister-in-law and some of her mates going to see it but unfortunately their seating was so awful all she could see were their heads bobbing up and down.

There's a talking point.....is there the a worst addict? With me always having worked on reception I've never known what a service users addiction was unless they told me...........it wasn't deliberate I just could never remember the password for their records. I've seen legal highs, heroin, cocaine, benzo, painkillers,lots of alcoholics and to be honest most of them got lost somewhere in their lives. I probably heard more sitting in reception than their workers did and the majority of the time kept it to myself but encouraged them to tell their workers. Certain circumstances we were allowed to tell like the day I found one service user was suicidal and was on his way home to top himself.............it was amazing the way the place rallied round him and kept him safe. He's clean and working now.

But and this is just my opinion.........the pain in the backsides, the demanders, the moaning and whining ones were probably like that before, during and certainly after treatment. Luckily they're few and far between. Actually one turned up yesterday and my heart sank. I try and try and try to find good in every single user but I've known this lad nigh on 6 years and I'm still trying.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                          Good morning Army from a very wet Spain , me driving a lot last few days & wont be finished till maybe next week. so it goes...
                          Good morning Army from a warm and sunny Greece. Sorry, Mario-man, looks like we've hogged the sun today.

Jackie - glad to hear Bess is in good health. It's so worrying when our fur babies get older but if we can keep them comfortable at least, then that gives them the quality of life they've been used to.

Jackie - the worst kind of addict - the one who denies he/she has an addiction/problem. Which is I suppose what most of us were until we decided that yes, we do have a problem and have to do something about it, which is basically how we all found ourselves here at MWO. As far as personalities go, yes, I think that the whiners, etc., were always like that and probably their alcoholism actually shadowed that somewhat - most of us are very good at hiding things and that means even our not-so-pleasant personality traits, which I'm sure come out during and after treatment. I would not like to work with ungrateful people whom I was trying to help with their problem. I'm sure they are few and far between and the ones who realize why you are doing what you are doing and appreciate it, make up for the few who don't.

Hoping to have a bit of a slow day here TBH. I could do with a day that I had only walk-in customers and a few e-mails and the phones didn't ring at all.

Hiya to Mary, KTABbers, Rusty and Cowboy and all who may drop by later. Hope you all have a smashing Friday!!!
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning Stirls

nice one............
                            the worst kind of addict - the one who denies he/she has an addiction/problem.
                            playing devil's advocate here ............isn't that the most unhappy addict?

Must go get a bus. Back in a longish bit.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Great to see the site back up and running again. Missed checking in yesterday, it keeps me focused each day. Today is a bank holiday here so no work :yay:

Comment

Morning rusto. Lovely day here.. great having the day off!!

All yesterdays posts are gone! Well the note explains that's. Good to see the admin act so quickly and update us with the issue.

Tabbers - how did you get on yesterday??

Comment

Working...
                                X