Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - April 2017

Good Morning, Dear Friends!

It is Good Friday, and for me, the most depressing day of the year. I am vowing to be cheerful today, though.

I do NOT know how to navigate the font size, so here we are again with the small print. LOL

Liz-so glad you got to spend time with a mellow Erin. Special moments for sure, and the best when we are AF.

Nora, thanks for thinking of me with this class.:hug: I MUST pass it so I've been studying, and trying to do my usual work for my business. I am sorry your mom had another episode. That must have been so scary for you. I admire your patience and courage.

AG:
    Rusty, you crack me up, as usual.
    On that note, I have a story to share: Nora, I have seen pictures of your husband. He's very good-looking, as is Liz's husband, and you guys get to look at each other every day. Well, last week, the deck off my office had to be repaired and there were 3 guys working on my deck as I was sitting in my office, working, and on conference calls with my clients. All of a sudden, I look out my patio door windows and I see this guy bent over, with most of his butt hanging out of his pants! Talk about plumbers' cleavage!! This guy was going commando. I snapped a picture and texted it to my siblings and a few close friends saying, "You guys all have good-looking spouses to look at, and this is what I get!!!" LOL. AG: my sister-in-law texted me back saying, "you crack me up," and "No ifs, butts, or whats, that guy has cleavage.

Waves of hellos to everyone else: Pauly, SK, Techie, NE, Nursie, and anyone I missed. Happy AF Friday!!!

Comment

Just a quick hello to all and to wish Techie a very big congratulations on 7 years!! Rusty,your story was hilarious! Another thing,why is it only fat,out ta shape guys walk around with no shirt? When I lived in San Diego I used to like to go to the gay part of the city just to see hot guys,they keep themselves looking great haha,love you all have a fab AF Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Fabulous Friday.

Rusty - thanks for the laugh
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - you made me laugh about San Diego. :rotlf: I met some gay friends in that part of the city. lol

Edit - I just reread that - I meant met some gay friends for lunch in that part of the city!! :harhar:
            Last edited by NoraC; April 14, 2017, 11:33 AM.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I love San Diego!!! The zoo is to die for....Coronado, too. :-)

Comment

I stayed at the Coronado once! My girlfriend was there for a business trip and was able to extend it for a couple of days. Beautiful!
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I stayed at the Coronado once! My girlfriend was there for a business trip and was able to extend it for a couple of days. Beautiful!

Rusty - I'm sorry that this the saddest day of the year for you. Great big extra hugs to you today :hug: :hug: :hug:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Today would have been my cousin's 53rd birthday. He died almost 4 years ago. When we were together, we laughed and laughed until I couldn't breath. Only saw him a few times in the last 20 years. But the bond was always there.
                    Happy Birthday my partner in crime. :heartbeat:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora,:hug: I can't remember how your cousin died, but a Happy Birthday to him and how wonderful that you have such great memories being with him. Oh the Coronado...lovely...didn't stay there but had lunch with my good friend there. I loved San Diego, though. We went to Sea World and the weather was fantastic!

I am not depressed today...the sun is shining and I'm happy!:yay:

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday!

Rusty, your story had me laughing! Do these guys not know? It's like a train wreck, you can't not look at it!

Pauly, you had me laughing with the San Diego story too! I see my fair share of butts at work. One of the hazadards of my job.

Nora, how is mom doing?

AG, I have yet to find a yoga class here that fits my schedule. I so enjoy it. I suppose I could just do one from you tube? There's one at work during lunch, but I cant usually take an hour for it.

Had a good day at work yesterday. Totally manageable. I love when it's like that. Last night we went to church. Just an amazing service. Today I'm getting ready for tomorrow. 17 for lunch. Everyone brings something, so it's really not too bad. My SIL called and invited us over this afternoon, her grandkids are coming over today. Guess we'll stop in for a bit.

Check in with you all later

Comment

Hello everyone.

I have developed a really bad habit. I have started tuning people out if I'm busy doing something else. It's almost like I just get tired of all that talking in my brain. I'm trying to do something else and they just keep talking to me. :rotlf: People are going to start to notice soon.
                          I went to The Dollar Tree and got some little stuff for baskets. We might dye eggs tonight depending on how mom is doing. She seems to be feeling ok. Oh, I'll share this story with you.
                          She has to take an antibiotic twice a day. Last night I was going to give her the pill. She had her plate of food, I waited till she didn't have any food in her mouth and told her to take her pill. She put the pill in her mouth and then took a bite of toast! EEEEEKKKKK Mom, spit it out, spit it out. LOL I got the pill out, got her to swallow the toast. Gave her the pill again and gave her the juice to drink. She swallowed and then stuck her tongue out and said now what. The pill is still sitting on her tongue. LOL Mom, here take a drink. Swallow the pill, swallow the pill. Poor thing, She had a green tongue by the time that got swallowed. Whoops - I won't make that mistake again.

Liz - I'm glad that you had an amazing service. Those times when you leave something and are just filled with joy are precious. 17 for lunch. Have fun. It's so funny how you & Rusty love to plan and host. I'm such the opposite - I'm bad at it and I'm so uncomfortable. I hope you have a wonderful time. How old are the in-laws grandkids? Hope that you have some fun with little ones today.

Techie was talking about his goal to minimize self judgement. That is a huge one for me. Something that I have been working on. My being so insecure, self-conscious, shy really played a part in my addictive past. I am finally learning that it's ok if everyone doesn't like me. (Still hurts my feelings ha ha) But, I am becoming my confident in my own skin. I am so grateful to wake up each morning unhung. Long journey I am on but I like where it's going.

Ok - enough of all of that. Off to enjoy Saturday. Have a wonderful one!

I just got off the phone with my brother. He called old family friends of my parents and gave them my phone number and that they would love to talk to Mom. I told my brother that I would have to think about it because it might throw her into the past, etc. which is just so hard for her. She can't hold a conversation at all. She wouldn't know who she was talking to probably and definitely wouldn't remember. He said that he hadn't thought about that and why didn't I call them and explain. I have told my brother numerous times that I hate talking on the phone. I really do not like talking on the phone and I do get anxiety. I haven't talked to these people in 30 years. Sigh.......
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty - hope that you are able to enjoy some you time in between studying.

SK - How are you feeling? Is Vivian excited for Easter?

Pauly - I'll bet Louie is excited. Did you take him to see a big bunny?

AG - What are your plans for tomorrow?

Well - guess I should really do something instead of playing around. So, I MIGHT do something.

Glassie - :hug:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OMG, Nora the grandkids are 3 and 9 months! The 3 year old is just a bundle of energy. My niece has a small dog who isn't used to children and the 3 year old kept wanting to play with the dog, the dog was growling, the little guy was running and shrieking. I'm exhausted. I can remember when hubby and I first got together and spent the holidays with his brother and sister, their kids were young, all boys and loud. It would scare me, I thought I'd never want kids. Honestly when mine did come along I was fine with all the activity. Thinking it'll be the same with my grandkids. You forget, ya know?
                              Hubby, bought beer for tomorrow for the guys. Mark was upset with him for having it in the house. He didn't tell me, but hubs. Hubby told me not to drink tomorrow. I didn't say anything. I was upset but probably deserve to be handled this way. (I don't drink beer, anyway) Just wanted to get that off my chest. Is this ever gonna change?
                              Moving on, what's everyone doing tomorrow, or not? Wishing everyone a peaceful AF night

Comment

Liz - I'm sorry and I know EXACTLY how you feel. It does get better and they will stop looking at you like that. It took a long time but it isn't an issue anymore. I'm sorry that he bought the beer. I love you friend
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X