• Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - April 2017

Loved this quote:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Easter, Everyone!!!:congratulatory: I hope you all enjoy your day!!

Nora, thank you for the timely and brilliantly put quote!!! This shall be my mantra for the day! I enjoyed reading the story about your Mom and her antibiotic. and funny all at the same time. Thank you also for asking about my studying. Yes, I am managing to have fun in between. Thank you again for your support since you know all too well what I do for a living and how incredibly stressful it can be.:hug: Entertaining DOES stress me out but somehow it is all worth it...I AM like Liz...I LOVE the planning part...the table, the decorations, oh yeah, the whole bit. I read your post about how you aren't listening to people and I totally get it. BUT...I can't believe you don't like to talk on the phone and that you SHY. WHOA! LOL I never would have guessed. :-)

Liz-17 people! Wow, how fun! It sounds like you managed the wild toddlers really well. Regarding the beer...I never drank beer, either. I had a six pack in my fridge for years because close friends of mine drank beer and I NEVER TOUCHED IT. I was a very picky drinker. Hubs should have shown you respect as you have gotten through MANY events and vacations without drinking. I would just be honest with your family and say gently, "I know you mean well, but please don't tell me not to drink. It just leads to my extreme anxiety, which is a HUGE trigger for me." It DOES get better. I forgot to ask...are you still seeing a therapist?

AG-I am SO glad things are better between you and your husband. I understand about being kind of bored/unchallenged in your job. I went through a spell like that not too long ago. Like you, I looked at the positives. :-)

I am going to my brother's house. You all know the story of how my brother's wife staged the intervention back in 2008 and how our relationship was very rocky for several years (due to actions on HER part, not mine for the most part) because I refused to go to rehab. Well, this blew me away...last week, I was telling her that I spent time with a dear friend whose life has really been hell since her husband had a stroke, and my SIL said, "Your friend is SO lucky to have a wonderful friend like you!"

Pauly-what are you doing for Easter?

A shout out to my dear friend, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. You and I share the same faith and I will be thinking of you today at Mass.:happy2:

A big hello to everyone else! Enjoy the day., Happy Easter and Hippity Hop!

Comment

Rusty and Nora, thanks you give me hope. Yes I am still seeing the therapist. It started off a bit rocky, but I have stuck with it. I have learned somethings about myself and most importantly, I feel it has boosted my self esteem. I have always had low self esteem. I will continue with it for now. Thank you for asking.

I am off to get ready for church. Honestly one of my favorite services to attend!
        Wishing you all a very Happy Easter. Enjoy my friends and I will check back tonight!

Comment

Liz:hug: I never would have guessed that you suffer from low self-esteem. You are in FANTASTIC shape...you are beautiful, you have a wardrobe to die for, you're smart and you're kind. So there. I'm right!!! Haha. I was thinking more about your family as far as going to event and one of them telling you not to drink. Do you think you are unconsciously looking/staring at a glass when you see champagne/wine etc. and inadvertently giving them a signal that you are missing it and you are tempted? I know I did that....I used to look at my mom's very full wine glass with eyes akin to Dracula seeing blood. That MIGHT be a reason they are still a little leery. BUT, also, I know they want to remove any form of temptation (booze in the house) to support your quit. I really do think they mean well, and we all know how much they love you. Well, who wouldn't?:happy2:

Comment

Happy Easter everybody hope everyone has a great AF day,love you all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Easter xoxo
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Easter Pauly and Techie!

Comment

Happy Easter :heartbeat:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - you made me laugh about how wild the kids were. Don't worry - it's like you said. You get used to the chaos. I do think that Rusty gave you some good advice.
                    "I know you mean well, but please don't tell me not to drink. It just leads to my extreme anxiety, which is a HUGE trigger for me."
                    That was always a huge issue with me. :hug:

Rusty - I'm glad that your SIL told you that you are a wonderful friend. :hug:
                    I'm not shy with all of you. You are family. :heartbeat:
                    Seriously, I have always been the quiet, shy, retiring type. In the last couple of years, I have gotten to the point of who cares! I am going to be that crazy old lady. Now, if I'm standing in line or in a group, I'll say something. I walk by someone and I smile at them and say hello. I spent my life with my eyes downcast (please don't notice me anyone). I am still uncomfortable around people and dread having to attend things where I don't know people. Anxiety thru the roof. But, I am also much more forgiving of myself if I do something silly. I laugh and shrug it off. And that is me - only took me about 55 years to come out of my shell.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - any big plans for the day? We didn't dye eggs and I missed that. I didn't even make all of us baskets and I do that every year!

SK - You are probably very busy with Vivian today. Have fun!

AG, NE, Techie - what are you all up to?
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SO PERFECTLY SAID, DEAR NORA!!!:heartbeat:

Comment

Did you have a wonderful day, Rusty? :love:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just hopping in late to wish all Steppers a Happy Easter. Liz, seventeen people, you must be exhausted. Just finished up and have ice bag on ankle. Wonderful day.
                              May we all receive good sleep. :fairy:

Comment

Happy Easter my Stepper friends.

I'm finally starting to feel settled in my new apartment and now have a shiny new computer to talk to you all on.

I don't know if I've ever told you how much I admire you all but I really do. Nora you are the kindest, most caring person towards your mother and the rest of your family and they are incredibly lucky to have you. Liz and Pauly - same to you. Your love for your children just shines thorough everything you write. Rusty - you are one of the sweetest, most generous people I've ever met and you always have a kind word for anyone on here and seem to know the right thing to say at the right time.

Sorry if that was all a bit too warm and fuzzy - I just had to say it!
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X