Making sense of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making sense of this

I am a member. I do not post much. But, I am hurt by this very unkind person who would attack me on this forum like this!! Just trying to make sense of it all!!

Re: Making sense of this

[MENTION=23505]Lust4life[/MENTION], I am sorry you feel attacked. I think we all feel the same way. It seems as though the person who hacked the forum sent the exact same email to everyone who posts here. Please do not take it personally. That person is gone, and now I am just thankful that the forum is in capable hands.

Comment

Re: Making sense of this

Originally posted by Lust4life View Post
      I am a member. I do not post much. But, I am hurt by this very unkind person who would attack me on this forum like this!! Just trying to make sense of it all!!
      Hi [MENTION=23505]Lust4life[/MENTION]

I am incredibly sorry that you were hurt by this attack. It wasn't a targeted attack. Someone hacked the forum. It was random. They were able to create a measure of chaos, and send emails to users. But most information is encrypted. Fortunately, it was simply a matter of shutting the forum down and rebooting it with safety measures in place. Unfortunately, we weren't able to do it as quickly as we would have liked and the hacker was very fast.

These random attacks are not uncommon. The whole purpose is to create chaos. It isn't targeted to one specific entity, nor is it targeted to one specific person. I, personally, feel incredibly violated by the attack. Much as if someone broke into my house! But fortunately, unlike my actual house, this place is secure and the 'robber' only created a big mess. Which [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] was able to clean up while the site was down.

I'm very, very sorry for the email that was sent. Please don't take it personally, though. It wasn't you.

Comment

Working...
      X