One Step at a Time - May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - May 2017

Happy May. Let's make this one of our best.
    Challenges can be overcome. Goals can be reached.
    One Step at a Time.
    I wouldn't be where I am today without all of you taking those steps with me. Grab hold and let's do it. :heartbeat:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2017

Happy May, Steppers. This is guaranteed to be an itis free month. Sending lots of good energy to all you beautiful amazing folks. I love it that no one posting here is willing to throw in the towel. The key thing that has helped me these past seven years is reading the success stories of long term abstained. I wanted that badly Reading those posts eased my anxiety as their words seemed to flow from a place of calm. I want you to know that calm is contagious. We ALL deserve that level of peace and contentment. I wish it for each and everyone of you xo
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION]. Thank you for starting up Mays - One Step At A Time Thread!... Luv, luv the beautiful picture and the words are so full of hope and truth. It all motivates me in a positive way. :smile: I usually log in multiple times to. Especially if I feel wobbly. Just being here gives me a sense of peace. I checked in maybe 5-7 times and wondered what was going on. We can log in or just read as many times needed or wanted. Nothing to feel bad about imo. But I do get what your saying. Shame so many posts were lost. Thankful admin took care of this. I didn't receive any malicious e-mails. I don't understand why people would want to hurt others. Especially a site dedicated to people who are suffering from addiction. People here that want to help others. Just like you were saying your city had shootings. Not long back two people in OR were set on fire. One person just sitting in a restaurant. Just don't understand!!!!!.... Lets just keep doing our best in continuing to show others love, respect and our care. Hope you, your family sleep well. Hope Pauly is doing ok and will check in. :hug:

[MENTION=651]SKendall[/MENTION] So very glad your surgeries were a success!That your out of pain! Hope when you have time you will re-post the procedure name. Hope you were able to resolve your PC issues. Thanks again for that physio tip. Sleep good.

Hope everyone has good sleep! So thankful our admin team resolved these issues!

Comment

Happy Mystic Monday.

​have a wonderful day everyone
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy May! Thanks for being here. TOTALLY freaked me out that the site was hacked and then went down. It is hard to imagine why anyone would do that, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] .

Thanks so much for being here so consistently and with such a great attitude, [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION] . You're amazing.

I crashed my new computer yesterday, too. Don't know what I did, exactly, but I got a black screen this morning. I was trying to take my friend's stuff off (she borrowed it for several months) and think I deleted something I shouldn't have. *sigh* Just when I think I'm becoming just a wee bit more tech savvy...

90+ days for me! It's been a loooooong time since that happened. I'll be honest, I had it in my mind that I was going to make it 90 days, and then have a drink. I had that plan even before I went into rehab. Now? I just don't wanna. Things are good. Getting better. I can't even imagine making the decision to feel like hell tomorrow. Now, y'all know I don't judge, and I don't set myself up for failure by swearing neva eva again, but for right now, I'm not craving, I'm not overwhelmed, and this daily reprieve feels good.

I didn't read back to April, but I'm really glad to hear second hand that you're pain-free, [MENTION=651]SKendall[/MENTION] . I hope all is well, sister!

And hi to all the rest of you who help make this place home. :hug:

Originally posted by techie View Post
          This is guaranteed to be an itis free month.
          I want you to know that calm is contagious. We ALL deserve that level of peace and contentment. I wish it for each and everyone of you xo
          What's -itis free mean? Anyone?

Calm is contagious, and I need some. Thank you for being here, too, Techie, and for your wisdom, courage and insight. :heartbeat:

Comment

Happy May Everyone!

NE, congrats on your 90 plus AF days!:yay:

To answer your question, NE, Itis refers to Pauly's term for not wanting to go to work on Monday...Mondayitis!
            Last edited by Rusty; May 1, 2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Congrats Ne!!
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION] Congratulations to a wonderful lady!.. So glad you made the decision to keep moving forward. It's not always easy, but worth it!... Great work and attitude!... Be proud Ne!.... Thank you so much for being here!... :fairy: :hug:

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and say well done Ne. 90 days is terrific and even more terrific is that this is only the beginning of a new life for you. I hope you do a wee dance on the tabletops to celebrate.

Comment

Treetops!:happy2:So good to see you here!!!

Liz-I am getting more excited by the day as we wait for the birth of your first grandchild. Thank you for keeping us up to date on all the festivities and taking us along with you.

NE-I think it's fantastic that you don't want to drink! It sounds like really this rehab was the best choice for you… As opposed to the previous rehabs. Not all treatment programs are created equal... and I am so proud of you for never giving up… And always trying to find your way out. I'm so delighted that you post on our thread.

SK-so glad your surgery was successful and I hope you heal quickly.

Techie, my love...what is your next course of therapy?

The rest the week I will be in Chicago and again, working long hours.

So glad to see our thread
                    just booming with positive, encouraging, hopeful posts. I just love the energy we have here.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Comment

Hello all. TT - GREAT TO SEE YOU!

Just wanted to let you know that Liz is locked out of the site. Hopefully, she'll be able to get it squared away tomorrow.

SK, Pauly, Glassie, AG - have you all got back on?
                      Send me notes on facebook or e-mail and I'll pass your message on to admin.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

This is the artist previously known as Glassie

Nope i tried everything but had to re-register. If you could pass it on for me Nora that would be lovely. :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by GHE View Post
                          This is the artist previously known as Glassie

Nope i tried everything but had to re-register. If you could pass it on for me Nora that would be lovely. :hug:
                          As per the message, you need to use the contact us link!
                          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks - I've tried that several times.

Comment

Originally posted by GHE View Post
                              Thanks - I've tried that several times.
                              There has been no communication received, Please try again or PM me.
                              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                              X