One Step at a Time - May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2017

Glassie, oh no! Will you have it xrayed? We are creatures of habit. Please keep us posted. Why is it the cat always finds the carpet to throw up on. We somehow trained Lucy to throw up on the bathroom floor. I think simply because when I saw her starting to vomit, I would just pick her up and put her away from capeting.

Nora, I do worry about you when you don't post. Please don't feel like you always have to support us. We need to support you! We need to be here for each other. Are you just busy fixing up the bedroom or is something else going on?

Well it's a beautiful day here. I think we will be spending the afternoon with my parents. They are watching sissys dog and I know it's a lot for them.

Wishing you all a relaxing AF Sunday!

Comment

Oh no Glassy! Thats awful I remember when we first moved into this house hubs was trying to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in my closet,,half asleep we do weird things haha,wishing us all a happy AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Glassie - I am so sorry. That is something that I have done before in a hotel room. Please let us know how you are.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ok folks I guess I'm going to try to blab. Nothing is wrong but I'm having a hard time now. Been fighting the depression, able to keep it in check......but, it's right under the surface. There is absolute no reason for it. Nothing wrong. I am continuing to focus on the positives and my gratitude.

It is not easy for me to get alone time to sit and post, etc. There is always something going on lately because of the kids moving and trying to get things taken care of. Painter flaked on Friday and didn't show up to give us a quote. I just talked to him and he promised to be here tomorrow afternoon. Daybed is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Things are coming together but it's been a little hectic around here.
          Attended a hard funeral yesterday. I guess they all are hard......

The positive side of things is that I had a wonderful visit today with my cousin & her family.

Hope everyone had a happy weekend.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,I'm sorry you're feeling down,I hate that crap! Can't decide which is a worse feeling anxiety or depression,they both blow! Feel free to talk it out with us,we're here for you AG,how did day uno go?Liz,did the kids get all the wedding stuff straightened out yet? When's the baby due again? I forgot, kind of hard having Kell work at the same shop as me cuz yesterday she was complaining about the same two girls I can't stand and I certainly don't want to think about anyone from work on my day off! LB and her bf are in town,I always called her Sunshine when she was small cuz she was my only little blonde and it still fits her today,she's just a soothing soul,I love having her here anyway off to start this day,why is it I can sleep great when I'm off the next day but on work days my body won't cooperate!? Much love to all my friends here,I hope we all have a nice AF Monday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just lost lengthy. post. Forum always makes me login 2X but takes post after 2nd login. Not today. Ugh!
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Good morning.
                Nora, I am sorry you are fighting depression. Can you increase your medication just a bit? Just please be kind to yourself. Do something just for you. A facelift for the bedroom might do wonders for your mood.
                TMH, I hate losing those long posts.
                Pauly, you sound like your in a good mood. I didn't realize Kelly was working by you. I love hiw close you are with the kids. Yes CJ is moving along with the wedding plans. She spoke to the two remaining bridesmaids and they will order the dresses. She is working on the invitations and there will be two separate invites for the two separate ceremonies. Whatever. They put an offer in on a house. It's a long shot but we shall see. I would,d love to have them not move to st Croix. Erin is due June 20th. Four weeks to go and she has really popped. She is feeling good, but tired.
                Joe was here yesterday helping hubby put in a new pool liner. It's a big job, but they got it done! My own son wined and dragged his heels helping, but joe just went out and did it. I think he enjoyes manual labor.
                Well I need to get moving. Hope you all have a great AF Monday!

Comment

Good morning, Sunny and cool this morning, lovely. Slept 9 hours last night, that never happens, usually 5-6. Hope that means I'll get a lot done today, lol.
                  Oh man sounds like life is getting a little lifey for Glassie and Nora, sending you both strength.
                  Way to go on the fresh start AG.
                  TMH, I don't know if you're on a phone, laptop or desktop, but it helps me when I write a long post to copy/paste it somewhere else before trying to post, that way I don't lose it. That's not practical on a phone though.
                  Hi, Liz, Pauly, Rusty Techie, and everyone else. ( I know I missed someone)

Comment

Hello Steppers. I am leaving tomorrow on a two week trip. I'm very excited that St. Petersburg, Russian is one of the locations. So, I'll check in occasionally when & where wifi permits. Be well. xoxo
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Mr V. Nothing like a good nights sleep!
                      Techie, have a wonderful time! That sounds exciting.
                      So CJ and joe put an offer in on a house on Friday. Not sure if I mentioned that or not. The offer was excepted! I am cautiously excited as there is still a lot to happen before it is theirs. But things are moving in a positive direction.
                      My day was busy and I racked up a ton of steps. Now I'm watching a special on Princess Diana. Still riveting even after all these years!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Techie - have a wonderful trip.

Exciting news, Liz. Pauly so glad that you have LB visiting.

Mr V - you were right. Life is just lifey right now. Nothing wrong - just having to deal with crap. :waaaa:

Glassie - how is the hand?

AG - did I miss you checking in? :hug:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning, all, not so much sleep last night, 6 hrs, but I'll take it.
                          Day off, gonna go visit the friend who had the stroke a few weeks back. Got to work on this health thing!
                          Safe travels, Techie.
                          Waves all around

Comment

Hello all.
                            Sorry only 6 hours last night Mr V. That wouldn't cut it for me either. CJ and I are working on the health thing here too. She bought chia seeds and almond milk. She has made some sort of pudding and with fruit, it was pretty good. Tonight she made a chocolate chia pudding. We shall see how that tastes. Just trying to lose a few pounds. I may just have to start running again.
                            Anyway, it was fun spending time with CJ. Joe is working late these days and I get CJ all to myself and I love it!

Glassie, how is your hand doing?

Quiet here tonight. Hope everyone is doing ok. Wishing you all a good night

Comment

Hello - not even going to attempt to address everyone. Mom is having a pretty 'up' & 'aware' evening so I might not be able to sit for long. We did get the daybed and hubs & I put it together. We haven't done the trundle part yet. Mom is aware enough that she understood when I told her it was going to be her room after it was painted. She was so excited and twice cried with happiness. I have now closed the door to that room so hopefully she won't remember again tonight.
                              How is your Dad doing Liz? i have been thinking of you - I know this is hard. Glad you had fun with CJ.
                              Six hours of sleep isn't much Mr V. But, I guess it's better than nothing.

Rusty - where are you? Are you at home or at work?

So, I've been thinking. I know, I know - scary, right :rotlf:
                              Anyway, people have said that they didn't want to say they were drinking because they didn't want to trigger anyone else. I think that we need to be able to share to some degree. If you are struggling and are trying to be AF, then you need to be able to say you screwed up. You don't have to go into great detail about what, etc. But, it's important to feel safe enough to say I've F****D up every single day this month. Help me. We are here to support each other thru this.
                              My 2 cents
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora - that is so bittersweet about your Mom. It's great that she's a bit more aware tonight but it must be very sad for you too.

My hand is really SORE!! I had Xrays and apparently it's not broken, but I've torn a tendon. Very frustrating!
                                Last edited by Glass Half Empty; May 24, 2017, 05:13 AM.
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X