One Step at a Time - May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2017

Rusty, rant away. It does help! I used to work holidays and weekends and I know how you feel. Outsourcing is a good idea but I know for me I prefer to do it all myself. I hope you can manage to sort this all out and at least get some enjoyment out of this weekend. Thursday is still a few days away, hopefully those test results will arrive in time. Keep us posted? Fleet week is in NYC. Navy ships (aircraft carriers etc) come and are open to the public for tours. There are air shows, "blue angels" military helicopters and such. The city is swarming with sailors and marines. I wondered if they do these anywhere else? We enjoy that kind of thing.

Nora blab away, I look forward to it!

Pauly, I am just heartbroken for you and your family. Stay strong and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Last edited by Lizann; May 27, 2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Hi friends! Sorry to be AWOL. i am here, I'm fine, life is busy but I know it is for all of us.

Hubs comes home on Monday, good thing.

More later!

Comment

Glad you're OK AG!

I'm just about to take the family out to dinner for G2's birthday. My baby is about to turn 28!
        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; May 28, 2017, 02:37 AM.
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good Sunday Morning, Friends!

Pauly-:hug: I have nothing to complain about compared to the agony you must be in right now. You were so sweet to respond to my email. Your brother was lucky to have you as a sister. I know he must have really loved you.

Mr.G:heartbeat: Great to see you here. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-we are officially out of the picture when it comes to Mr. G's affection. I read on his thread that he met a stunning woman, beautiful, and he and this woman had "relations of sorts." Sounds like it was a wonderfully steamy night, G-Man.

Glassie-I know Europeans walk in the rain and people in OZ do, as well, from what you told me. I don't enjoy walking or swimming in the rain. I think most Americans are like that. Wow, your baby turned 28. The years just fly by, don't they?

Liz-Fleet Week sounds absolutely fascinating....with the opportunity to tour ships....I would love doing something like that!

Nora-you never blab, but you make me laugh with your pictures.

AG-Great to see you and thanks for popping in.

Thanks for your support, everyone. I did take yesterday off from work and it felt great!

I am off to the gym so I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.
          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I am keeping you close to me today. I will email you later.
          Last edited by Rusty; May 28, 2017, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Happy Sunday morning all! I feel almost bad saying that, in light of what Pauly is dealing with right now. I just can't even imagine what they are going through! Rusty, I am glad to hear she responded to your email.

Rusty, good for you for taking the day off! You are sounding much more upbeat today! I agree with you too, I do not care to walk or swim in the rain. I remember years ago we were on vacation in North Carolina and there was a hurricane, not strong enough to evacuate but still a windy rainy day. There were about 10 of us sharing a house and we just had to get out. We put on our rain ponchos and fought the wind and rain walking on the beach! It hurt! Memorable but not necessarily an experience I care to repeat.

Glassie, happy birthday to your "little one"! Yes time does go quickly! So I know winter is approaching for you. How cold does it get there?

AG, nice to have you pop back in. Busy is good, at least for me it is. I'm sure you have missed you hubby. I don't know how you do it? It's all or nothing. It has been an adjustment for us since hubby moved his office into the home. He is always around now and while I love him a little space in a relationship is necessary IMHO.

So I think perhaps we will sit out fleet week this year as the weather doesn't look like it will cooperate. I am disappointed because it looks like tomorrow won't be nice either. I just wanted to be outdoors and enjoy the pool. Plan B yesterday, I cleaned the house! I did feel somewhat accomplished, but it wasn't the weekend I envisioned. What is everyone else up to?

Well, looks like I'm the one blabbing today! Wishing us all a fabulous AF Sunday!

Comment

I'm thinking of you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], and am so sorry. I hope you and your family can offer love and strength to one another as you try to come to terms with this huge loss. I'm so sorry that this must have seemed to him to be his only option to find the peace we all want and need. Love and peace to you, NS

Comment

Pauly - thinking of you friend. Thoughts with you & your family.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly you probably don’t have time to check in here but just in case, I want you to know you and your family are constantly in my thoughts. :hug: :heartbeat: :hug:

Rusty I’m glad you had a day off. I hope it helped. I love walking, running and even swimming in the rain but sometimes it’s warm here when it’s raining so that makes a difference. But I also like it when it’s cold and you can come in and have a hot shower afterwards and feel like a smug superhero!

Liz you asked how cold it gets here. Where I am it can get down to 2-3 degrees C (I think that’s about 35 F) but usually the worst is about 6-10C. I don’t mean to brag (OK actually – I do, lol) but it’s paradise here at the moment (22C – 71F) no wind and blue skies as far as I can see.

Nora – how’s your Mom going?
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

So glad to see Pauly posted. Just heartbroken for her.

I've only been skimming and haven't been able to catch up with everyone. Mom was back to her normal but it was hard this afternoon. She knew that she didn't remember anything. Those times are heartbreaking. Anyway, I'm going to read back. I saw that SK was here & I don't think I even said hello!

Glassie - hope your hand is feeling better.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning all,thank you all for everything amazing how you strangers on a website have become such a huge part of my life,some of my best friends that I've never even met I ended up loving like family Rusty,thanks for the email Nora,thanks for the text,everyone thanks for the thoughts, prayers,I've been praying more these past few days but I'm worried cuz I always was taught that if you commit suicide you can't be with God,I really hope thats not true ugh,I'm sorry,I really should keep this stuff on my thread cuz nobody wants to start their day reading this, I dont anyways, forcing my ass to work cuz I just need the distraction, Glassy,glad the hand is OK, Nora,I'm happy to hear moms back to normal, I'm gonna pay Brady to clean up the house while I'm at work, all this clutter in the kitchen gives me a negative vibe,more later,love you all and please,please let's keep the thread going as normal,I really need it,love you all and I wish everyone a nice AF Memorial Monday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hugs to you Pauly, stay strong. Wishign you and your family peace.
                        I quick check-in. Sorry to have been AWOL for so long, but Mrs V and I have had house guests for the last few days, It's hard to find time to post. I usually get on in the morning, during my personal, quiet time, but I have not had that this past week. I as soon as I get online, here comes the crew. Have not even had time to read back.
                        Have a good day, all.
                        V

Comment

pauly:love: What you're going through puts life back into perspective. I a so sorry!

I drank yesterday. I saw my father yesterday and he wasn't feeling well. He couldn't put his finger on why. He sleeps all the time. He kissed me goodbye when he went to go home and I just just lost it. Not in front of him. I decided I didn't want to feel and that was that. Hubby and Mark know I was drinking and seem to be not upset maybe even understand?

Comment

:hug:Liz:hug:
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liz :hug:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Once again, it’s great to have you back [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. I know when both my brothers and parents passed away, I just wanted things to get back to normal, or at least as normal as they could be. But I just want to share a few thoughts of mine with you about God and Jon hoping it may bring you some comfort.

I was without a doubt one of the worst of the worst! I think I broke every one of the 10 Commandments, except for Number 5, “thou shall not kill”. And if you figure all of God’s creatures fall under that category, then I broke that one as well. But that night in the hospital, God reached out to me, even though I’ve done everything I’ve done, He reached to me! Why? I’ll never understand why! But He did, and there’s not a day goes by that I don’t thank Him.

I know in the last weeks, days, and hours before Jon’s passing, and even the moment Jon’s soul left his body, God reached out to him, the rest was up to Jon….
                                Last edited by abcowboy; May 29, 2017, 11:08 AM.
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X