One Step at a Time - May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2017

Pauly - ok, thread going to be back to normal if that will help you. BUT, if you want/need to talk about it, we love you and are here surrounding you with loving energy. :hug:
    Last edited by NoraC; May 29, 2017, 11:40 AM.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I know how you feel. I wish that I could do more than offer my love & support.
      And to be honest, I totally get you wanting to not feel. It hurts so much to see our parents hurting. But, we both know that it doesn't help anything. The pain is still there when we sober up and then we have to deal with all of that guilt in our head & heart too. I am so sorry Liz.
      Yesterday my Mom kept asking me how long she had been here, where did she live before, had she been married. She was upset that she couldn't remember. It's easier when she doesn't know that she doesn't know.......if that makes any sense.
      Has your Dad gone to the neurologist? Has his Doctor run urine tests/blood tests, etc? Is he still up during the night?
      Hugs to you my friend :hug: :hug:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

MAE. Pauly, so great you are distracting yourself with work. You are a very strong lady.

Liz, big hugs to you.

Because I was offline a while, I don't think I told you I am moving. The apt. I'm in is just too noisy and a concrete jungle. I found another one a short distance from here and it is quiet and the apt. is just what I wanted. All upgrades, ie. granite, hardwood floors, more space, etc. I was delighted. The movers booked for this a.m., cleaner and carpet cleaner booked. I went to pick up the keys yesterday and it is NOT the apartment I signed on for. Old carpet, tiny, one closet, no upgrades. I immediately went back to the office and it was closed. I also have rugs for delivery b/c of the wood floors, bed and mattress also on the way. Can I back out of the newly signed lease? Sheesh.

I think Rusty asked how I am feeling. Spine surgery was a great success, but I'm having muscle spasms and starting PT soon. Knee, not so great. Surgeon fixed meniscus tear but found advanced arthritis, so I'm pretty much the same prior to surgery. A new knee is next and will put that off for a while. Dental surgery for implants went well and will be complete in August. All in all, I think I've had a pretty good year of medical achievement and made money on the stock market! Thanks for asking, Rusty.

My heart is heavy thinking about Pauly.:heartbeat:

Luckily, my lease has another 11 days so I can find something else. I feel the new place has tried to deceive me, but what a pain to start the search again.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SK - what a pain in the butt that the apartment wasn't the one you signed for! How does that happen?!? I'm glad that you have time to find another place. Glad that the spine surgery was a success but wish that you didn't need more surgery for your knee.
          You sound good though.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly:hug:How are you holding up? Prayer can be an immense source of comfort at such a difficult time.
            I've been praying more these past few days but I'm worried cuz I always was taught that if you commit suicide you can't be with God,I really hope thats not true
            I was raised a Catholic and I was taught that suicide is a mortal sin because you are killing someone and you don't have a chance of going to Heaven. I didn't believe that 40 years ago and I don't believe it now. May your brother rest in peace, dear one. GOOD JOB ON OUTSOURCING YOUR CLEANING TO YOUR SON. Now you're talking, Pauly-self care....good for you!!

Liz:hug::hug:I am so sorry to hear of your dad's failing health. That is so sad to see. I get it...I really do. Maybe hb and son have learned that busting your chops when you drink can make things much, much worse. I am so glad they were compassionate and not harsh and judgmental. Tough love works for some people and others...not at all. Wow, I just read your post about surviving the hurricane in North Carolina! You were BRAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way would I have walked outside. Hahaha!

Nora-
            Mom was back to her normal but it was hard this afternoon. She knew that she didn't remember anything. Those times are heartbreaking.
            These times ARE heartbreaking...keeping you close to me today.

Mr.V-so you and Mrs. V have had houseguests...fun but hectic and exhausting. Are you enjoying your holiday?

Glassie-how is your hand, honey? Do you have full use of it? How is your beautiful granddaughter?? Some of you may not know that Glassie will be DR. Glassie in November. She is earning her PhD. Her specialty is "How to Handle People From Wisconsin Who Ask Too Many Questions And Are A Pain In The Ass!" So proud of you!!

SK-sorry to hear about the apartment. Quite the drag...I hope you eventually end up with the space you want. Glad your spinal surgery went well, but oh, your knee...UGH...more pain! :-((

Big hellos to AG, TMH, Mr. G, Techie, and all lurkers, Happy Memorial Day and Happy Monday!

Well, I have had a relaxing day so far...it is sunny, and 65 degrees F. Not complaining at all.

Back later. :-)

Comment

Busy weekend. We didn't do well in our golf tourney (not terrible) landed in middle of flight. Now just relaxing in front of tv. Had big lunch so it may be a popcorn dinner.
              Pauly, my sincere condolences. Very sad.
              Liz, sometimes that happens. Yoa are doing well overall.
              AG, will it help having hubby back home?
              Nora, has to be heartbreaking when your Mom knows she does not remember.
              Feel like my life is so simple compared to many of you. But it is really not so simple. Having a medical issue just prior to holiday weekend is a pain. Things don't seem right, and a rash that was quite local has expanded big time. Imagine being out in the heat didn't help matters. But will call dr. & ask tomorrow. And getting my 2 prescriptions last Fri was a fiasco. They are not going to be happy hearing from me again.

Ok, better sign off.
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey TMH - I had popcorn for dinner last night. Hope you get to the Dr right away and get your problems taken care of.

Rusty - I am so happy to hear that you had a relaxing day. I don't think you do that often enough. :hug:

Liz- how are things today? Have you talked to your parents today?
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SK,sounds like a dump glad you're upgrading though,TMH,what's the rash? Do they know?Rusty, I feel OK now but it just keeps coming in waves,driving me up the wall,I've been making sure to eat even though everything sounds gross,I feel like puking and other stomach upset from nerves,Liz,hope you're feeling ok,I kind of wish I didn't love anybody, I feel like I love too hard,too deep text my mom this morning and she was with my brother at my dads house and he was crying saying he thinks its his fault,I told her none of this is anyone's fault Jon was just lost,,this blows
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - I'm glad that you are forcing yourself to eat, to keep on keeping on. :hug: I know that this is heartbreaking for you. You are right that Jon was lost....and there is nothing that anyone could have done to change that. My heart aches for you friend. Sending you lots of love & positive energy.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora,I love you tons!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly – please try to eat and sleep when you can. You need all your strength at the moment to get through the next few weeks and to be there for the rest of your family. And you are absolutely right - this is nobody's fault, just a very sad situation.

OK - and as you asked for us to keep the thread going as usual.....

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        Glassie-how is your hand, honey? Do you have full use of it? How is your beautiful granddaughter?? Some of you may not know that Glassie will be DR. Glassie in November. She is earning her PhD. Her specialty is "How to Handle People From Wisconsin Who Ask Too Many Questions And Are A Pain In The Ass!" So proud of you!!
                        Rusty your faith in me is heartwarming but a little premature! First I actually have to write my thesis, then submit it and then have it approved. Quite a few hurdles yet, and you all know how clumsy I am! Although my data collection is going well, with the rich source of curious Wisconians right under my nose. Lol

My hand is improving but I couldn’t resist the urge to cuddle the grandbabe the other night so I think I set it back a bit. Worth it though!

And what’s all this about people having popcorn for dinner? I didn’t know adults were even allowed to do that. This changes everything!
                        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; May 30, 2017, 01:35 PM.
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends, Glassy,thats the great thing about Rusty,she does believe in all of us and is super positive popcorn for dinner surprised me too haha,feeling sick to my stomach, it feels heavy and full,I posted on the monthly thread that it feels like I got a gastric sleeve or something, just eating bits here and there,Liz and AG,hope you both check in today had to postpone my California trip cuz of all of this,the kids were upset but what can I do? I dont know when the funeral will be and I can't have the dates intersect so I canceled for now,maybe late August will work,anyhoo,I hope we all have a decent AF Tuesday

Comment

i'm not surprised you feel sick, sweetie. You're supporting everyone else while going through your own grief. Is there a reason you can't set the funeral date? Does there need to be an inquest? I'm very glad you're not drinking through this. Just a thought though - if you're smoking a lot (which is totally understandable) that may be affecting your appetite too, so please try and be kind to yourself.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words guys. Dad is about the same. Talked to mom today and he pretty much eats and sleeps. My sister is coming home tonight and they will pick up their dog. I honestly think it's a good thing that Melody was with them for the past ten days, someone to take care of. Headed to the blankie fort guys anyone else in?

Comment

I'm in Liz.

Comment

Working...
                                X