X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Mother diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease too - :sorrow:
    'One Day at a Time' here in Satzlville !
    Come here you.............:huggers:

It crosses my mind now and again to wander off but I just can't. MWO hasn't given me so much. I may volunteer with addicts and have some great craic but MWO is mine........all mine.

Now off to take Mr JC to the garden centre so he can get spat at by a llama in pets corner.........I'm buying bedding plants.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry about your mom Satz BTW Winslow has his bits removed yet still humps the grandpuppy, I guess the urge is still there,have a great day all and please find Mario
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

GMAE all,
        Good to have yiz on the hunt for Mario.
        Cute doggie JC
        So sorry about your mum, Satz.
        Wave back Tabbers
        Gotta run in to work today, later

Comment

Evening,
          Lovely to see you Mr V. Yep he's a cutie. My daughter doesn't know what's hit her having a puppy in the house. He's been going to training classes and doing everything right there then coming home and eating (or humping) the cushions.

Weird day weather wise.........4 seasons in a day but without the snow. Thunder and bucketing down one minute, boiling hot the next and it's nearly 9.30pm and we've got the heating on.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Molls do we live in the same country - freezing here

Comment

Evening.. or GMAE as Mr V says.. I like that.

Satz, thats shit x 2. :hug: How are you doing?
              Im having Newcastle weather today too.. wouldnt go as far as saying 'warm'!
              Had some monsoon moments though.

Home from the communion, lovely day, great food and lots of chat. Wine was flowing, but I had no interest.. amazing what a year does. Fading (as was mentioned here last week) is a great description. A good few heavy drinkers today - were they having a better time than me? I dont think so. After a point, I just want to shuffle away from their repetitive, loud conversation.
              We are missing nothing, except a dirty big hairy tongue hangover tomorrowink:

Night night..
              Last edited by IamMary; May 20, 2017, 05:34 PM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mother diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease too - :sorrow:
                'One Day at a Time' here in Satzlville !
                That's really awful news Benji, sorry.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                GMAE

Home from the communion, lovely day, great food and lots of chat. Wine was flowing, but I had no interest.. amazing what a year does. Fading (as was mentioned here last week) is a great description. A good few heavy drinkers today - were they having a better time than me? I dont think so. After a point, I just want to shuffle away from their repetitive, loud conversation.
                We are missing nothing, except a dirty big hairy tongue hangover tomorrowink:.
                What does GMAE mean?

Big hairy tongue hangover hahahahahah love it.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Think GMAE, means good morning afternoon evening Tabs but I could be wrong. Love that expression Mary, gave me a laugh. Big hugs Satz, all you can do is one day at a time, be proud that you are sober facing into it. Are you still off on the bike Molly? Had planned on going on long hill walk but Baltic and raining here so back in bed with book and cup of tea ☕️

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                    I think I'm an extremely intolerant person -- some short cuts in type-speech I can't use -- one is 'AL' as in alcohol -- HATE it -- have never used it... (go on Ms Marple aka Jackie -- have a look through 28k posts -- bet I used it ONCE????) -- also hate 'AF' - don't THINK I use it - don't hate it as much - and for some inexplicable reason I don't like MAE -- and it's clever - I agree cos we are in different time zones -- ah go on -- I'm just a grumpy aul biddy really haha -- anyone else have 'pet' hates??
                    Mine is dog's : cat's : book's - fecking apostrophes everywhere there is an 'S' - drives me nuts.
                    It's creeping in but here we are all of an age to know better

From the nuns :haha:
                    Rule: Only use the apostrophe to show possession. To show possession with a singular noun, add an apostrophe plus the letter s.

a woman's hat
                    the boss's wife
                    Mrs. Chang's house
                    Do not use an apostrophe + s to make a regular noun plural.

Comment

Looks like you are bringing the sun with you Molly en route, brightening up now . My pet peeve is people using text 'speak' abbreviations when posting on Facebook.

Comment

Morning..........I'm gonna @ ya [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............I'm not afraid of the grumpy auld biddy............if that's all right with you.lease:

We prolly (that's one of my faves) used AL in the beginning.

Not keen on AL but it serves a purpose in this world of abbreviations. GMAE very much the same but I very much like AF or Alcohol Free as it true being without alcohol has given me a freedom I never thought possible.

I'm very sad to see the demise 'Please may I have' which is now 'Can I get'.......but we move in a fast world and its getting faster.

You may think I'm being very tolerant but I'm fecking delirious with lack of sleep. Jenny bounced in from her mates house (after more than her share of AL) and we looked at wedding dresses, planned a wedding, talked about why there are evil people in the world and why children die of cancer so by 3am I was blooming wide awake and it was light when I finally dropped off. TBH (another one I lurve) my mind was whirling with wedding dresses, evil people and poor sick children.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                          Looks like you are bringing the sun with you Molly en route, brightening up now . My pet peeve is people using text 'speak' abbreviations when posting on Facebook.
                          I was just going to say that. I don't like text speak in texting...........

I love English (the language) its blooming complicated language..........so why chop it up into symbols.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

VERY tolerant Jacks ...... I'm sorry to say I cannot abide 'drunk' talk any more - even from loved ones.
                            One of the joys of being sober for me is saying what I mean and knowing I will be taken seriously........ for years no-one listened to me

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              I was just going to say that. I don't like text speak in texting...........

I love English (the language) its blooming complicated language..........so why chop it up into symbols.
                              Me too - drives me mad !! Hate text speak even in a text !!

Comment

VERY tolerant Jacks ...... I'm sorry to say I cannot abide 'drunk' talk any more - even from loved ones.
                                One of the joys of being sober for me is saying what I mean and knowing I will be taken seriously........ for years no-one listened to me
                                Luckily for me and her she was on the right side of being drunk.........happy.........she hadn't got to the maudlin side.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X