Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Morning .....here's a bit of who we're going to see this aftie YouTube

Weather permitting we'll be outside Can't make its mind up whether to rain or shine.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

After many years drinking and generally fecking up family relationships and thinking I'd never probably see my 28 year old son again, on Friday at 10.30 pm one of the waiters came through to the kitchen and said "Tony there's someone at the bar looking for you" yes, my son had turned up to see his Dad, having heard from his Grandad that I was sober...we talked until 4.30am ... sure this is going to be a long journey of re-building this relationship but it's a start... #best sober day ever

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
        After many years drinking and generally fecking up family relationships and thinking I'd never probably see my 28 year old son again, on Friday at 10.30 pm one of the waiters came through to the kitchen and said "Tony there's someone at the bar looking for you" yes, my son had turned up to see his Dad, having heard from his Grandad that I was sober...we talked until 4.30am ... sure this is going to be a long journey of re-building this relationship but it's a start... #best sober day ever
        [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]...............lovely just lovely............this has just gladdened my heart.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi guys. Just had a quick read back and see that you are all tickety boo which is great

Me? I think I reached the end of my rope with work and the stress that as you all know has been slowly killing me. I think I had some sort of mini breakdown. Anyway the upshot is I have given them 3 months to change and relieve the stress that is going with my work or I will leave. I have said I do not want to manage people any more (right now I am managing a team/having a full caseload/covering sick and holidays and getting involved in things that I have no experience in and being expected to keep the whole fecking shebang going when I have nowt left. The 3 months started 2 weeks ago. They say they are listening but lets see.

On the plus side I have been doing courses at the buddhist centre and practising meditation which sure does help. No real energy to see anyone or do much else just now. Mr S is being so very very supportive and I am hugely grateful.

Sorry I am such a shocking poster.

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].....lovely to see you. So pleased that you're making positive steps to improve the situation.........no job in the world is worth loosing your health for.

Wonderful afternoon at the gig...........incredible musicians with a massive sense of humour...........the reggae style ........Another Brick in the Wall and a heavy metal version of Kylie Minogue's ............Can't get you out of my Head............has to be seen to be believed.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello, a quick nose and holy moley.. Tonys reunited with his son and Starty is back! :huggers:

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] He knows you mean business Tony.. delighted for you.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] Its lovely to see you Starts and good that your carving out some kind of a solution in work. Did you take time off when things got really bad? No job is worth your sanity and sobriety.. fingers crossed this will finally sort itself out too. How are all the doggers??

That band look like great craic JC!!
              Last edited by IamMary; May 28, 2017, 05:09 PM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning folks.

Tony that's just great news, I am delighted for you to be given this chance but it is one you have earned yourself. I reckon the benefits of getting sober just keep coming, sometimes we don't even realise they are happening.

Now Startypants, firstly it's great to see you back now you know what I am going to say, that job is very bad for your health, giving it three months seems like a long time imo but if you think it is right then give it that one chance to work and no more. Unless it is 100 times better get your furry butt out of there. It is a serious relapse risk by the sounds of it and doing you actual harm. Big brother rant over.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening.
                  Last Bank holiday here 'til August.........we'll just have to jam the roads on other days for a while

Would you believe I've got sun burnt shoulders from the walk along the beach on Friday...........tbh I thought it was just a scratchy tag on the collars of my tops.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............the band also do the best Free Bird outside of Lynyrd Skynyrd I've ever heard. They're actually music teachers.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                    Evening! 3 and a half more work days then orf on my holliers -- need it badly! how's everyone?
                    Pretty good. Been a lovely few days.

Did you get your provider sorted..........my brother uses Vodaphone and there's EE.............mebbees Tony can help better........ him living in the foreign parts your going to Did you get your haggis traps sorted?

We're 4 weeks today from going up to Bonnie Scotland
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Pretty good. Been a lovely few days.

Did you get your provider sorted..........my brother uses Vodaphone and there's EE.............mebbees Tony can help better........ him living in the foreign parts your going to Did you get your haggis traps sorted?

We're 4 weeks today from going up to Bonnie Scotland
                      and passports ready..... Im 4 weeks away from Tenerife.....how is yall?
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hiya molls..different hotel this time...where are you going to in Jockland?
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                          Where dya go in scotland Jackie? Getting better with my Scottish geography planning the route - great craic!
                          Normally Lauder/Galashiels area.........but this year up to Loch Awe
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

dont forget your anti midgie cream!

Comment

Lauder and Galashiels just over the border............Loch Awe's somewhere in the Highlands.

You'll love Skye...I just fell in love with it.....mind the traffic jams that are a nightmare...........sometimes up to 3 cars in them
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                                dont forget your anti midgie cream!
                                Avon's Oh So Soft...........used by the troops all over the world.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X