Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Good to see you Mick!
    Evening all, A's, B's, C's, L, M, M N O P's... which ever we were, we're winning now.

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
    Hi Molly dear, quick check in for me, just home, its been a long day so food up and a film will do for me. Btw meant to say before to my Irish friends here I got this lovely cordial in Dunnes and mix it with sparkling mineral water. It isn't too sweet at all, recommended, it is called' Dunnes Stores Simply Better Irish Wexford Blackurrant cordial', E5 a bottle but lasts along time, give it a try if you fancy something different. Off to have a big glass now, the power of suggestion eh?
    Hmm.. might have a look out for that one.. thanks Tabbers.
    Im on Apple and Pear miwadi, the one sweetened with Sveida. Slices of fresh ginger for a kick.. I hide it from the kids.
    Ginger ale is good too, if Im feeling a little wild:banana-computer:

How was dinner JC?
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Fab evening..........show you where we were now as they can't trace the missing cutlery to me..........or the toilet rolls and the pint glass to my SIL.

Browns Newcastle | Brasserie & Bar

I had the fish pie thing and Mr JC the lamb thing. Absolutely gorgeous. and to top it off they paid and we've got invites to Cannes and Washington DC.

Will defo try for Cannes nest year, Washington will have to wait for more savings.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]

Went to a Browns in Sheffield with my Nephew and Mrs T last Friday before the wedding on Saturday...I had the Lamb thing too...very good it was too.

Browns Sheffield | Brasserie & Bar
        Last edited by tonyniceday; May 12, 2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Morning folks off to work soon.

Originally posted by mollyka
          Hey Tabberoo's -- sounds lovely - not wild on blackcurrant tho - a simple lemon cordial (just a dribble) in a sparkling water does me usually - but it's great when you find a mineral that you like - not keen on sweet drinks myself
          Yeah I don't like sweet drinks either, and lemon is good choice. I normally drink sparkling water or tomato juice with a drop of tabasco and lots of ice when out, mind you when in Spain last week freshly squeezed orange juice was a treat. I wouldn't drink blackcurrant normally either but this stuff isn't your normal blackcurrant, its lovely with a hint of sharpness.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Good to see you Mick!
          Evening all, A's, B's, C's, L, M, M N O P's... which ever we were, we're winning now.

Hmm.. might have a look out for that one.. thanks Tabbers.
          Im on Apple and Pear miwadi, the one sweetened with Sveida. Slices of fresh ginger for a kick.. I hide it from the kids.
          Ginger ale is good too, if Im feeling a little wild:banana-computer:
          Indeed we are all winning, once the battle has been stopped and the result accepted, well thats how it feels personally.
          Miwadi jeez I haven't bought that for years.
          I hope you had a lovely birthday, guess I missed it.

Originally posted by Mick View Post
          hiya molls ...yep allegedly time is mine ...but at the moment, sorting out my self build campervan,doing up Julies sil garden,also digging out the footings and building starting next week,for a 13x15 m stable block,and also bonding another rabbit as Sandy died ...and obviously anuuver holiday booked ..yep you guessed it..
          Hi Mick, nice to see you popping in. Busy is good in my book. I too don't have enough hours in the day, don't know where I found the time to waste so many hours of my precious time drinking and feeling like an alien trying to recover some mornings. YUK

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Fab evening..........show you where we were now as they can't trace the missing cutlery to me..........or the toilet rolls and the pint glass to my SIL.

Browns Newcastle | Brasserie & Bar

I had the fish pie thing and Mr JC the lamb thing. Absolutely gorgeous. and to top it off they paid and we've got invites to Cannes and Washington DC.

Will defo try for Cannes nest year, Washington will have to wait for more savings.
          I ate there last year JC, a boozy trip to Newcastle, hence why I didn't contact you.

Morning all - burdy's on de wing dis morn - latherin heart - dawn chorus my eye - more like the slaves chorus at full volume!!! Ah shouldn't give out - it's gorgeous and all the babies tripping around after their mammies -

Big day today - picking up our bike !! Very excited
          Actually editing that to 'should be very excited' - just feel 'flat' lately - not depressed as such - just not animated bout anything - wake up blue - dunno - sorry - moany -
          Hope the rain stops for the 'new arrival to the family' Molly dear.
          Blue is ok in my book Molly, we can't be all joy and sun all the time and it is far more normal to feel the full gamut of emotions, dog knows we tried hard enough to hide from them for years.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning all - burdy's on de wing dis morn - latherin heart - dawn chorus my eye - more like the slaves chorus at full volume!!! Ah shouldn't give out - it's gorgeous and all the babies tripping around after their mammies -

Big day today - picking up our bike !! Very excited
            Actually editing that to 'should be very excited' - just feel 'flat' lately - not depressed as such - just not animated bout anything - wake up blue - dunno - sorry - moany -
            Good morning everyone. Know what you mean Molly, our lot are dive bombing the windows first thing for some reason. Tabs is right we can't be all be happy clappy all the time, new bike might bring you out of yourself when it arrives.

Will try some of those drink suggestions. Normally have sparkling water with a dash of lime.

Comment

Morning
              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION], bless your heart. If you're not sleeping very well .........make sure you rest a lot. Tea and books are my prescription. No gangs of sprogs round for their dinner. Don't force anything..........promise.

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]...........I'd have got the big handbag out filled it with rocks and beaten you about the head. Did you enjoy the Toon though. Bet you liked Browns loads of seafood.

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] funny how 3 of the Army and we're only a little bunch these days have eaten at Brown (albeit yours was in Sheffield).........Never realised it was franchise......I'm so naive.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........I'm normally still water with a slice of lime and no ice but had the loveliest raspberry and lemonade mix last night......not sweet but with a bit of a bite.

[MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] lovely to see you, pet.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] where is you?

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............how was your me day?
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Another thing about Browns, and the reason we went there, is it was my Nephew's choice because he is coeliac (if that's how you spell it) and they have a separate GF menu which is less extensive than the main one but really well thought out - he was able to have the lamb too, because the sauce with the potatoes is done gf on that menu.

Anyway, quiet here in the village today so we'll see what tonight brings - a nice easy Saturday night at work would be welcome....famous last words!

Comment

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]............I knew I knew the name. I worked with a woman who was coeliac disease and raved about this place in town.

Bess had another trip to the vets and a 3 month supply of her painkiller. She had some blood tests and her liver results are on the bit on the high side. Nothing to panic about yet..............one moment while I panic..........:egad:............you know I've just made light of it and tbh I'm worried sick. She's 13+ years old.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :hug: your right, nothing to panic about yet. Its a little high, not major high.
                    Me day was the quickest 6 hours in history.. got loads done, but about a quarter on my list!

Thats gas JC and Tony almost missing each other at the same restaurant (well, by a week or so).. Never been, feel like Im missing out!

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] feeling blah is normal, isnt it. Rusto's right, we cant be high all the time. It will pass.

Anyone ever heard of Luminette glasses. Friend got them ini a local chemist for about E180 and claims they are the most marvelous invention ever.. Interesting.

Comment

now must go make lunch on this ENDLESS procession of meals -- Joe needs THREE meals a day apparently -- ffs --and it is my turn to cook..... he could have an apple... ;-)
                      Feeling you pain, except MrM doesnt cook.. endless planning, shopping, preparing, executing, cleaning and then its time to eat again.:livid: seriously, they are bottomless pits.

Comment

Hi everyone! Back after a break and still AF! Yay! Will have a read through older posts. Hope you're all ok. Bless.

Comment

Any one watching Eurovision. The Uk's wasn't bad .........well compared to the rest.

Still the one that should win every year is............

YouTube

Mers, we knew this time would come with Bess. She can still bounce like a puppy.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by marthadan View Post
                            Hi everyone! Back after a break and still AF! Yay! Will have a read through older posts. Hope you're all ok. Bless.
                            Cross post, [MENTION=23623]marthadan[/MENTION].............lovely to see you.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=23623]marthadan[/MENTION] Good to see you Martha, sound like your doing well. How are things?

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Any one watching Eurovision. The Uk's wasn't bad .........well compared to the rest.
                              Still the one that should win every year is............
                              YouTube
                              :harhar: doesnt get old!

Watching Bordertown on Netflix. Subtitled, so cant multitask!

Comment

Still hanging on with Eurovision............I vow every year not to watch it but get sucked in. Want my head read.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X