Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Morning May AAAers...............well that was a bit of excitement yesterday. Wonderful and quick sorting out, big Ta to the powers that be.

Bank holiday over in the UK so going to stand in the kitchen with my coffee and watch Mr JC gardening in the cold.

So its just a white rabbit and a cup of coffee.......

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Ah.. back again!!
    Had posted earlier in April and then didn't notice the email verification so couldn't post!
    Hope others are not having the same issue. Welcome back me. :happy2:
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh good there you are Mers, we'll have to gather the waifs and strays that have gone missing.............bit of a shocker yesterday.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I had to re-set my password before I could post. Even though some of us are angry or annoyed.. Lets not let what happened deter us from our purpose. What happened will not ruin MWO, or our day. We can re-build. We need to be here for the New Comer, and for each other. Hope you all have a peaceful, decent AF day.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildflowers View Post
          I had to re-set my password before I could post. Even though some of us are angry or annoyed.. Lets not let what happened deter us from our purpose. What happened will not ruin MWO, or our day. We can re-build. We need to be here for the New Comer, and for each other. Hope you all have a peaceful, decent AF day.
          Exactly. I was bamboozled more than anything else.

Don't be a stranger WF.:hug:
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening.

A blip, all good now. My email address was altered so i had some account restrictions for a while and couldn't post. Sorted now.
            Thanks JC!

Where were we?

Tabbers, how did your function thing go? And Tony.. Mrs T home, much discussion in your home I imagine..

Good to see you WF.

Comment

Good morning,
              Off to work...........still blooming freezing so hope no one has nicked my hotty bottle............or I may keeeeeeeeeeel them.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Troops

Yes, Mers, Mrs T is back but we'd talked about the diagnosis and it's effects before the weekend - started on the new pills this morning so we'll see how that goes. What's really annoying is a call I had last night from my Dad (or "Our Father, who art in Norfolk" as we refer to him). For my niece's wedding at the weekend we'd all made our own arrangements for places to stay in Sheffield. All pretty central so there was a loose plan that we'd all (that's Mrs T & I, Dad, my nephew (brother of bride), my other sister (not Bride's mother as she's got motherly duries, of course) and my sister's partner) somewhere in Sheffield...simple enough you would think. Not with our family.

Telephone rang around 7pm yesterday, Mrs T was just through the door having travelled back up from Englandshire... "Hi Tony, Dad here" "Hi Dad" says I. "How are you?" he asked "Well not so good really, I've got this diagnosis of a mild form of epilepsy which goes back years" I said "Oh, well I'm just ringing about Friday, What time will you be in Sheffield?" " No idea yet, Dad, Mrs T is driving her coach down to Gretna, when she's clear there we'll set off" I said...he says "Well what time do you think you'll be leaving there?" "I don't know, it depends what time we arrive - don't forget we're coming down from the Highlands" say I
                "Well I'm not staying in the city centre, I've changed my hotel to [name of village about 10 miles out] and what's happening is[list of above names including Mrs T and me] are meeting at my hotel for dinner at 7.30 so I'll see you then, bye!".

So that was me being steamrollered like a child. He rang off at that point and I told Mrs T what had been said. I won't repeat what Mrs T's reply was but let's just describe it as "forthright" and leave it there!

So it's been playing on my mind since last night and I've decided to call him back today and say "no" - Everyone else is staying in Sheffield, I'll arrange a restaurant and if he want's to join us there then that's just fine, if not then we'll see him at the wedding! This is going to create an eruption from him so just watch out towards East Anglia and you may notice a mushroom cloud!

Busy day today as well so off to walk the dogs then go to work...happy days!

Comment

Howdy y'all cross the ponders! Does anyone know where [MENTION=8463]mario[/MENTION] got to? Just wondering if one of you has a connection with him outside of MWO, could be he's having issues getting back on....
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi everyone. Don't have any other details for Mario but one of the other ladies might. I had to change mu password but no bother getting back on. Nothing so strange as families Tony. Deep breaths and put yourself and your sobriety first. Fab day here only problem is I'm working ☹️

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                      Morning Troops

Yes, Mers, Mrs T is back but we'd talked about the diagnosis and it's effects before the weekend - started on the new pills this morning so we'll see how that goes. What's really annoying is a call I had last night from my Dad (or "Our Father, who art in Norfolk" as we refer to him). For my niece's wedding at the weekend we'd all made our own arrangements for places to stay in Sheffield. All pretty central so there was a loose plan that we'd all (that's Mrs T & I, Dad, my nephew (brother of bride), my other sister (not Bride's mother as she's got motherly duries, of course) and my sister's partner) somewhere in Sheffield...simple enough you would think. Not with our family.

Telephone rang around 7pm yesterday, Mrs T was just through the door having travelled back up from Englandshire... "Hi Tony, Dad here" "Hi Dad" says I. "How are you?" he asked "Well not so good really, I've got this diagnosis of a mild form of epilepsy which goes back years" I said "Oh, well I'm just ringing about Friday, What time will you be in Sheffield?" " No idea yet, Dad, Mrs T is driving her coach down to Gretna, when she's clear there we'll set off" I said...he says "Well what time do you think you'll be leaving there?" "I don't know, it depends what time we arrive - don't forget we're coming down from the Highlands" say I
                      "Well I'm not staying in the city centre, I've changed my hotel to [name of village about 10 miles out] and what's happening is[list of above names including Mrs T and me] are meeting at my hotel for dinner at 7.30 so I'll see you then, bye!".

So that was me being steamrollered like a child. He rang off at that point and I told Mrs T what had been said. I won't repeat what Mrs T's reply was but let's just describe it as "forthright" and leave it there!

So it's been playing on my mind since last night and I've decided to call him back today and say "no" - Everyone else is staying in Sheffield, I'll arrange a restaurant and if he want's to join us there then that's just fine, if not then we'll see him at the wedding! This is going to create an eruption from him so just watch out towards East Anglia and you may notice a mushroom cloud!

Busy day today as well so off to walk the dogs then go to work...happy days!
                      Toe Knee - is he hard of hearing ?
                      If not tell him to 'eff off - you are not to be dictated to. Tell him then what you are planning and leave it at that !! FFS !!
                      That drives me NUTS - happens in our family too.
                      Last edited by satz123; May 3, 2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Howdy y'all cross the ponders! Does anyone know where [MENTION=8463]mario[/MENTION] got to? Just wondering if one of you has a connection with him outside of MWO, could be he's having issues getting back on....
                        JC may have a number for him .........

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] I've got a couple and have tried to whatsapp him. Fingers crossed.

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] We call it being summoned. In fact I've just got a call from my sister-in-law to summon us to her house on Sunday as there's 2 aged cousins plus husband flying in from the US and Europe and can only do Sunday afternoon at 3pm. Now I have to summon my kids and their partners plus Buddy. Luckily this is only 3/4 miles up the road. Stay where you're comfy, love.

Busy as all get out today. Big meeting from all over the UK. I'd rather have helped out with a bunch of toddlers at soft play. Still it was good for hugs as I knew a few of them.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all,

Mario is probably in a Spa somewhere getting manicured and waxed
                            Sounds like a login problem too, few other missing too - and they cant even view as a guest.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Toe Knee - is he hard of hearing ?
                            If not tell him to 'eff off - you are not to be dicated to. Tell him then what you are planning and leave it at that !! FFS !!
                            That drives me NUTS - happens in our family too.
                            Tony - same with mine, everyone in their own world, bumping into themselves.
                            I like that JC, the summons (wrapped up as hot ticket invite).

Glued to the last episode of Dr Foster - paused for checkin:horse:

Comment

Sorry about the rant yesterday.. got it sorted ... ish. We are gonna do what we want and take my nephew out. He lives in Atlanta now so it's his first time in UK in 9 years so he can choose where we eat ... it'll be whatever he misses most from the uk that they don't have in America..don't care where it is it'll be good catching up with him....he's also tee total so that's a pressure off...and my niece, bless her, has arranged for Uncle Tony to have an AF sparkly for the toasts at the wedding on Saturday!
                              Last edited by tonyniceday; May 2, 2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X