Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Its not the pink leopard skin one............its the proper big brown faux fur one. Blooming perished I am.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Pink leopard makes me not sleepy. Brown faux-fur can't arrive soon enough.
    Losing my sanity without sleep here.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] I'd sing you a lullaby but you'd go screaming from the room.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Guess what day it is?

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] I'd sing you a lullaby but you'd go screaming from the room.
          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Now that I'm sober again, I just might. :harhar: What day is it? Can't think. Lack of sleep. Awaiting faux fur.
          Last edited by Wildflowers; May 4, 2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Morning Molls

Not quite.......got a few mins before I have to dash about. Just got to find my shoes and put me teeth in
            Last edited by JackieClaire; May 4, 2017, 01:34 AM.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              Tabbers, how did your function thing go?
              I was back with the doctor yesterday actually, liver function still a bit high but not dangerously so. I am being referred for two other different items to the hospital but I am not worried, I feel it is more precautionary.

Originally posted by mollyka
              good evening folks -- sorry was missing -- think I was just feeling sorry for myself - so much to do - so little time etc... bit of chaos going on here I believe.... janey mac - was blocked out there for a while too. - so how's everyone?
              Good to see you back posting Molly dear. How am I? Sober and happy :thumbsup:

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
              Sorry about the rant yesterday.. got it sorted ... ish. We are gonna do what we want and take my nephew out. He lives in Atlanta now so it's his first time in UK in 9 years so he can choose where we eat ... it'll be whatever he misses most from the uk that they don't have in America..don't care where it is it'll be good catching up with him....he's also tee total so that's a pressure off...and my niece, bless her, has arranged for Uncle Tony to have an AF sparkly for the toasts at the wedding on Saturday!
              Good on you for standing up and making your own choice, why is it parents have the ability to make us feel like children again at times, or is that just me?
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning troops

Quick fly by on way to see Shrink... will try to check back later

Comment

Hi everyone. Another great day so spending it in the garden. Went to bed at 10 last night, woke at 4.30 and could not get back to sleep grrrr. Tiredness hitting me now so time for coffee and lunch.

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Some reason I thought thee Star Wars image was a joke on insomnia. Chewie-faux fur. Nothing like a tired alkie mind to not see thee answer smack in me face. Simplicity gone :taz: Happy Star War Holiday.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]..........happens to the best of us. Have you got something on your mind that's bothering you............if so might be good to share or was it just one of those nights.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening :checkin:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                          evening... just in -- what's the craic?
                          Norra lot by the look of it :happy2: Unless you count Buddy (Jenny's puppy) can sit on command.
                          Just about to chow down on a curry.
                          Bacinabit.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Late checkin. Full day in work today and then dinner for visitors who all drank loads of wine and then went to the pub. I smelt the empty glasses when I was cleaning up - vinegary and sort of stale. I always do it, maybe to remind myself that its shit.
                            Must be Curry night JC!

Hope shrink went ok Tony.
                            Wise words on the liver Molly - I remember you warning me on the same subject. Must have worked, still here!!

Leaba. Later..
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]..........happens to the best of us. Have you got something on your mind that's bothering you............if so might be good to share or was it just one of those nights.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] No, nothing urgent at the moi. Just my ole pal insomnia. Happens to frequently. Going to try L- Glycine again. Thank you for asking. :smile: Lovely evening to all the Army. Hope Marioman finds his way home. In part, I started posting again when he came back. Haven't seen NS, SK and somebody else (memory lapse) around lately either. Wished Oney and Zenny and others would pop in. Often was craic time back then. :love:

Comment

Hi Army

Just finished for the night - so much to do when we're leaving the restaurant in other people's hands even for a couple of days - or maybe I'm just turning into a control freak!

Anyway, thanks for all the comments and support re the parent thing and the wedding. I really thought it was unique to my family, this sort of thing, but clearly it's not!! So off to Sheffield on the morrow and into the lions' den! Not really, it's actually feeling like it will be no big deal now - see I've listened to you all!

Saw the remaining Psychiatrist today and was talking to him about last week's diagnosis from the Neurologist and after a while he said "You still need to keep coming here and seeing me as well"....So I'm still nuts, that's good to know! - Seriously though, he wants me to turn round and admit that alcoholism is an illness and I still struggle with that...I thought we'd got there when I accepted it was a "condition" and that if he wanted to call that semantics, then I could live with that...but no, that's apparently not good enough!

All I know is that I can't have just 1 so therefore I can't have any. Right now I'm happy with that and I'll hit my PB on Tuesday and will be having six months on my radar next, ODAAT

edit: I don't know what internet access is going to be readily available whilst I'm away or whether I'll be able to check in so I'm not MIA and will be back on Sunday if not before!
                                Last edited by tonyniceday; May 4, 2017, 06:12 PM. Reason: and another thing

Comment

Working...
                                X