Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Stirls - I'm learning Greek Classics - architecture, drama etc. - not the language.
    But I do have a new found respect for all things Greek considering we got our 'civilized' ways from them ..... :thumbsup:
    Well, Greece is the home of modern civilization according to most scholars, etc. We've got them to thank for many things, medicine being one of them and as you say, drama and of course architecture, etc., etc. Some of the people here could take a lesson in being civilized tho'. Just saying.:distrust: Glad to hear you're enjoying the courses. How much longer do you have? A trip to Athens would be lovely for you to enjoy the ancient ruins, the Acropolis etc, and get an up-close look at some of the ancient architecture. And I could be your guide...
    Last edited by stirly-girly; May 5, 2017, 03:22 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
      Now off out for a while and you'll have a blast tabbers - and my advice would be - when they start annoying you after a few get yerself off to bed or a nice walk - drunks are a serious pain in the hole ;-)
      Great chat here this morning. Really enjoyed it. You are all an inspiration. Not as nice today but still in the garden, just taking a little break and checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Great chat here this morning. Really enjoyed it. You are all an inspiration. Not as nice today but still in the garden, just taking a little break and checking in.
        Hey Rusty - a lovely spring day here in Greece - I'm about 10 kilometres from the centre of Athens - a decent 24C but hazy. Perfect weather, I think. We'll have enough hot, hot sun during the summer months.!

Yes, a lovely chat today. I work long hours and my hours don't often coincide with the other members of the Army but it is great to catch up whenever I can. It is inspirational to see so many people who are sober and truly embracing their life without AL. Just goes to show that it really can be done and how life is SOOOOOO much better when we are sober. :sohappy::bouncy::rara::spin:

Comment

Evening Molls,
          You mean he's going finally going to take the stabilisers off

Grand day. Finished my no smoking thing. Lots of pats on head and a hug. You know I never was a hugger until I got sober. Got some heat pads for my back which fell off so I'll be using the good old remedy of the hot water bottle.

Some fab posts today. Keep them coming. Its a bumpy auld journey (I know, I know I used the J word) but we've all done it and and we'll stay on that path. We'll never know when a word or phrase will help.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

If I'm desperate I've got a wee e-ciggie and a spray but they hardly get used. You look like a complete twerp using them.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning darlings,

Nice bit of birthday cake to start the day..........our Bess has become a teenager......she's 13 today.............suppose now she'll start slamming doors, sulking when she doesn't get her own way and wanting more pocket money.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning darlings,

Nice bit of birthday cake to start the day..........our Bess has become a teenager......she's 13 today.............suppose now she'll start slamming doors, sulking when she doesn't get her own way and wanting more pocket money.

Hello Troopers!!

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.

If you're able to connect, KTAB - wishing you a great, sober holiday.

Catch up with youz all laterz....

P.S. Where is MarioMan?

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] Thank you..........We bought her the most revolting looking hide chew that looks like a sausage roll she just about took my hand off with excitement.

We're puppy sitting Buddy next Saturday night while Jenny and her fiancé are at a party.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Molls, just sitting listing to my new Ray Davies CD.........(yes him out of The Kinks)..............its fab.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all..

Happy birthday Bess! thats gas JC, I have her human twin (almost).. celebrated today with the friends, but it was a couple of weeks back.u
                      Sick of cake now!

Long day, we got up for the Darkness into light run and Im shattered! kids are obviously drinking coffee on the sly.

Great posts yesterday, had a good read last night.

Short and sweet - mouths to feed...
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mers, if its a boy child......... I found that the son and heir just gently slid into teenage years where as Jenny was was like a whirling dervish :taz:
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I think the S&H walked in and slid out while bouncing off the wall.

He got IDed when he was 17 and told the cashier he'd left his in the car.........she served him.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Trundles in 2 hours later, morning.

Tonight's the night.............YouTube

What to wear, what to wear...........trouble is I've got a hole in me fishnets.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon, another fabulous day. Making the most of it and spending it outside :heartbeat:

Comment

Afternoon.. from what feels like the south of Spain today.. don't mean to rub your nose in it Tabbers, if your having a sneaky peek.. but it's positively HOT here is eire!!
                                Yep, dusting off the BBQ, sure you'd have to!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Mers, if its a boy child......... I found that the son and heir just gently slid into teenage years where as Jenny was was like a whirling dervish :taz:
                                Yes and I see it going exactly the same way JC. The next will be more interesting. As was I
                                Back later...
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X