Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Ain't that the truth, well I must away things to do, people to see and places to go seeing as the rain looks like it is down for the day, be good.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning.
      Yea, not a good day for the garden Tabbers (or stabbers as Molly calls ya!!).
      MrM had us all out yesterday, weeding and digging. It's endless. I always imagined I'd be great in the garden, but I'm a bit rubbish! I like my herb garden though.
      On my list this summer to do the Dublin open top bus tour. JC.. let's do our perspective city's!
      On work time here, later.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late check in.

How old were they? Poor little 'uns deprived of a horse and carriage.

Me and Mr JC have done the Dublin tour thing. Its a good idea. Ticket covers two days so the first day we had a whizz round and decided what we wanted to see and the second day we hopped on and off to have a look at the things we'd chosen. Also did the Viking with half the blooming Army...........it wasn't half cold. Smashing week that was.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
          Did a pub crawl in Barcelona courtesy of one of dem hop on- hop off buses - ---- just sayin
          Did lots of crawls from pub to pub, in lots of citys.. Dont think the Al had quite gotten hold of me back then, but it was only a matter of time. Or maybe it had - easy to blend in when everyones on the lash.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Looks like another wet one, might get short walk in before work. Catch you all later.

Comment

Morning lovelies,
              Up sharp there ,Rusto.

I'm away to work. See yis inabit.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yesterday was a washout in Scotland too - I too had plans for the garden (thinking concrete has it's attractions at the moment!!) And still the whole day ran away with me - and it was supposed to be my day off!

Back to the grindstone this morning - a bit of catching up on the computer and then in to restaurant to prep up soup, venison casserole etc.

My to-do list just gets longer - how on earth did I cope when I was drinking? - think the answer was the ultimate in procrastination ... "never put off 'til tomorrow that which you can put off 'til the day after"!

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  Did lots of crawls from pub to pub, in lots of citys.. Dont think the Al had quite gotten hold of me back then, but it was only a matter of time. Or maybe it had - easy to blend in when everyones on the lash.
                  Yeah that's it Mers for a long time we blend in. Then we start to do odd things that don't fit in - like have a beer at 11am on holiday and have a craving for more the rest of the day.
                  Mr S hated me wanting a beer during the day - he was getting an inkling something was 'off' I suppose.
                  They were my favourites - so I began sneaking them or wine or whatever was there on hols.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                    ... "never put off 'til tomorrow that which you can put off 'til the day after"!
                    :harhar:

Comment

Not bad, Molls, not bad at all.
                      Mr JC off to Manchester tomorrow at silly o'clock on a training course. He's like a 2 year old going on his first playgroup trip.
                      I've got the dentist and eyebrow waxing in the morning......tbh think I'd rather do that than sit and listen about new house conveyance rules and regs and a warm ham sandwich for lunch.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening..

Ah Molly, have they not sorted out your computers yet!
                        I wonder if we could all see a day when everything gets hacked, puff goes the world wide web and everything connected to it!

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                        My to-do list just gets longer - how on earth did I cope when I was drinking? - think the answer was the ultimate in procrastination ... "never put off 'til tomorrow that which you can put off 'til the day after"!
                        Its the million dollar question Tony.. Think we still got an amount done, but everything was a but torturous, until it was an acceptable hour to drink, then everything could wait.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Yeah that's it Mers for a long time we blend in. Then we start to do odd things that don't fit in - like have a beer at 11am on holiday and have a craving for more the rest of the day.
                        Mr S hated me wanting a beer during the day - he was getting an inkling something was 'off' I suppose.
                        They were my favourites - so I began sneaking them or wine or whatever was there on hols.
                        Same, needed a bigger hit - I began sneaking the wine in on my own, had to hide it in the closet and that was before I met Mr M - cant even blame him :egad:

Wax + dentist Vs house conveyance rules.. That's a hard one.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Lovely bright one here. Have dentist tomorrow and did eyebrowey thing last week. This maintenance thing is a killer, nearly as bad as the garden. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel, should be finished this weekend. Hubby mows the grass but nobody seems to even see a weed except me! Pro's and cons to the www but would miss mwo if it disappeared. Can imagine what a pain it is in the work environment, we have become so reliant on it. Catch you all later.

Comment

Morning,
                            Looks like we're all getting shiny and buffed up for the summer.
                            All Hell let loose with the traffic here as there's been a huge sewer burst about 3 miles away. Metro's not running into town, traffic backed up for ages...........luckily I'm just going to the high street.........just hoping my dentist gets in to make me shiny and smiling. Luckily I've got a fringe to hide the eyebrows
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Back from a longer outing than expected. Eyebrow's all neat and tidy but back to the dentist for a couple of fillings and .............I can barely get the words out............:sad: sobbity sob..........I've got to give up sugar. I can have pudding with meals but its the end of diving into a family sized bag of maltesers while I'm reading. I'm off for a big sulk.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                You mean everyone doesn't have a beer with their morning shower?

Comment

Working...
                                X