Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-May 2017

Originally posted by mollyka
    all over - Glencoe isle of Skye up through ullapool along top staying in gorgeous lookin spots - down to Inverness fort William Lough Ness all round cairngorms - down to (Stirling - is that a place?) Then meander a bit and back on the ferry - that's the plan -

Never heard of them!!!?? Bout 95 other Lochs tho!
    thats a fair bit...Julies fave place in the world..Isle of Skye ..we went there and its the only place in the whole world she cried when we left...then so did I cos I got nicked for speeding...Inverness where they speak the most english English in Britain..Fort bill ..you going to Oban too?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Avon's Oh So Soft...........used by the troops all over the world.
      thats the one !!!Ive got some upstairs still!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Oban..............one of my favourite places in the world.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh I want to go to scotland now:rant:
          A sober trip this time.

off to have a google..

..the band also do the best Free Bird outside of Lynyrd Skynyrd I've ever heard. They're actually music teachers.
          Id believe it. so talented..

Night all...
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

All over Cairngorms, Mols, you'll have to pop in for a cuppa! As to mobile phones...you know when you got your phone and the contract said 99.9% UK coverage...well 3 miles from us is the start of the 0.1%!!! Here you need Vodafone or O2 but it varies across Scotland...

Pack midgex for the west coast at this time of year...even over here in the east the little buggers are out in force...feckin "teeth with wings"...but Skye is beautiful ... if you can get to Iona, I think that is the most stunningly beautiful place in Scotland.

Comment

Oban..............one of my favourite places in the world.
              I spent a lot of time there when I used to scuba dive...in the sound there is a what at the time was a fatastic wreck called the Breda,also one called the Shuna ,another called the Ballista and a flying boat that had crashed..There were also scallop beds there (under management)..I recall yours truly on one trip purloining a bag o them..I ended up as the chef..undercooked them and gave everyone food poisoning...and of course at the time..no trip was ever complete without a trip round the Oban distillery and a few drams!!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Must be something in the air with Scotland, daughter and boyfriend just booked and going to a lot of the places you mentioned. Must tell them about the midgey stuff. Delighted about your son Tony, lovely to hear things like that. Welcome back Starty, hope job works out for you. Big wave to everyone else. Off to the work house.

Comment

Morning,
                  What the divil were you doing up in the middle of the night, Molls. I'm sensing a bit of pre-holiday excitement.
                  It was Bess's first holiday,Oban. Sweet memories.

Must away to work.
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; May 30, 2017, 01:38 AM.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening.............just opened a bottle of blood orange and cranberry sparkling presse ............sip, sip. big gulp..............lovely............not too sweet in fact a bit on the tart side.........anyone want a glass?

Had a new volunteer to train today. Got him to wash the floors.........and warned him as soon as he needs the loo the phone will ring..........sod's law.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yes please JC.. I ran out of sparkling water and all nice drinks tonight. V unusual for me, Im almost as obsessed on my tipples now as i was 2 years ago!
                      Oban looks fabulous too.

Wonder how Satz is getting on..
                      Wave to you Starty pants.

Night.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning folks, still no sign of Mario. I texted his phone a while back but have had no reply. Now I think of it so many people have drifted off from the army over the years without a word of goodbye and I do miss them, for even though a lot of us have never actually met in the flesh we could be considered friends in my book after 'talking' daily, sometimes for years.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning,
                          @ Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)..........I've had no reply from him either. I asked Admin and they've tried twice with no response either.

We all have our reasons for wandering off........I know a couple who are in AA now and doing very well. Perhaps Mario is concentrating on CA.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning JC & Molly dear, yeah I suppose we all have our reasons for being here and for not. If I ever become scarce don't think the worst of me eh.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Oh you'll be off for a kilt and sporran for Joe. Think Oban was the only place I've seen a kilt worn as ordinary day wear. Very smart.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                                Morning JC & Molly dear, yeah I suppose we all have our reasons for being here and for not. If I ever become scarce don't think the worst of me eh.
                                I will hunt you down to the very ends of the earth and then back again.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X