ItsJustme has passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ItsJustme has passed away.

Hi everyone, I haven't been around for a while. I first came to MWO in 2010 and ItsJustme joined about the same time... then a few years later we both came back and were trying to become sober again at the same time. Long story short. We became facebook friends and kept in touch from time to time. Helping each other with our struggles with AL and being AF. I was so sad to see he died. Just two days ago. I'm not sure of the reason. But it was sudden. The last photo he'd posted was of him on a date with his wife just a few days before. My heart goes out to his family, father of two boys 18 and 24. I just felt like checking in and touching base here in MWO. And to let anyone who knew him know. I also really hope the cause of his death wasn't AL related. He was a good MWO friend.
    AF January 7, 2018

Re: ItsJustme has passed away.

Thank you Choices for letting us know. Just came back early this year with regards to his drinking and wanting to stop after NYE. I too hope his death was no al related, so very sad to hear.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

He was such a nice man. And helped me a few times when I was struggling so badly. January was when he last contacted me, but didn't say anything about his drinking. It must have been why though. So sad.
      AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Very sad thanks for letting us know Choices
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

R.I.P. It's just me.

Very sad news. Thanks Choices. My condolences to you and his family.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=22540]Choices[/MENTION]-thank you for letting us know!:hug: I never knew IJM but I followed his post. His first avatar was so cute...it was a picture of him with his dog...I think it was a springer or Brittany spaniel...so cute. He was really lucky to have a friend like you! I am so glad he reached out to you and you to him. May he rest in peace and prayers of strength to Mrs. IJM and his boys. How sad!

Choices-if you do find out what caused his sudden passing, please let us know. I am SO hoping it was not AL.

Thanks!
            Last edited by Rusty; May 11, 2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

RIP ItsJustMe
              My condolences to you, [MENTION=22540]Choices[/MENTION], and to his family.
              "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
              “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

So many people I know have died my FB friend list is shrinking and I'm only 40; there is an epidemic going on in Canada but I won't speculate. I will respect. Be at peace. Condolences even though I'm new to the forum. I feel the pain everytime someone leaves us that was trying to help themselves.
                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Very sad news, Choices. Thank you for letting us know. May he rest in peace. My thoughts are with all his friends and family.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Death is tragic anytime, no matter what the cause. Even more so when it happens to the young, rest in peace IJM....
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you for letting us know Choices.
                      RIP It'sJustMe.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

So sad. RIP itsjustme!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Choices - thank you for letting us know
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rip
                            Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); May 12, 2017, 03:28 AM.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

That is sad news Choices.....

He wasn't an old man and had younger children so I hope his family are protected financially. Hard to lose family anytime but worse if there is no insurance cover in a society that is expensive to survive in.

How are you though, my fellow kiwi?

Comment

Working...
                              X