Paulysville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paulysville

TBH,those scooters piss me off in Las Vegas traffic! Haha guess they're road legal but only hit around 50 mphno doggone excuses for my drinkin,,it's all on me and that's where the guilt comes in crumbling my self esteem like peroxide spilled on baking soda,it just foams until it changes it's down to basically nothing just a foam mess,why did Jon hafta do that? Why can't I get over it? Why's this so hard and im dwelling on it? Thought I was over it,I could put it in my head that he was a selfish little shite and didn't care,about us for doing that I mean who does that?? Gives me the creeps,when I was at my dad's I kept looking at that mountain,imagining him being taken out of there in a body bag while my poor dad and mom and the rest of the family were still searching but it was basically in my dad's back yard,what was he doing at the time? On the computer drinking coffee just thinking Jon was out being on a road trip searching for a more spiritual place to be?that's the first thing that crossed my mind,,I thought he was on a road trip,hitching a ride to somewhere else cuz he was way into the more spiritual side of life,,he had a garden he was planning out,I seen the drawings,he quit eating meat cuz he cared about the animals too much,I talked to hubs and my other brother just the other day about all this they both said I need to go on and get over it,Jon wouldn't want us to be sad,hubs was a bitch and said"he was fucked up and chose to do that" I was pissed off at that!! Jon was MY baby boy and Bobby knows that cuz when we first started dating Jonzo was always with us! Til I had Michelle and we made her the priority,plus my mom and dad got a divorce around the same time and dad took all the kids,dunno why I'm sharing all of this on a public forum I think I just need to get it out!! Going to my hometown around that anniversary just peeled off a,scan that had healed a bit,,then I said I'd go up in July for our tribes powwow which is the same month we had jobs

C
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

gosh,write a story book and it cuts me off sorry but I was just saying that I feel like I tore a scab off by going up to visit family at the exact time that we had his death,then saying I'd go in July for the powwow is just too mucho for me! I'd rather just chill( or bake cuz its Vegas) for a few months then see,,I just don't think I can do it,,I sent a text to my mom and brothers and yes they're upset I'm not gonna be there but for me I think my mental health needs a break but what if I don't go and something happens? I have been dwelling on who's next? I've never really lost anyone so close,my gramma but she was older and had Alzheimer's,my in-laws who I adore but they were older too,what will I do if someone goes who I need in my life? My mom,my dad,hubs,,? Ok gotta think of the positive! Kell had Louie after a miscarriage,Kell had Romeo after that unfortunate termination(still think of those and wonder) oh shite,I have a job,I'm healthyish,I have a house,I'm sober a good part of the time,I love myself and my family,I'm a walking machine and beat EVERYONE usually every week on fitbit,I love donuts,pizza,a clean house,my Winslow,this place and the members here,time to grow some balls and put the past in the past!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

:hug: I love you friend
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dearest Pauly!

We believe in you - in your ability to keep working for what you ultimately want. Like Sam says, you're sober in the moment. That works for now. One moment at a time.

I also think Nora has some great advice (Hmmm, it's like there's all kinds of great advice here) - be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself. You're human. Shine the light on the bright spots when you been been sober. Think how many more days you've been sober than not over the last few years. That's a success! You've not given up so far - don't give up now!

xo
          Pav

Comment

Hi Pauly
            You might need to click on this picture to read it, but there is no "right" way to grieve - only your own way.

healing.png
            Last edited by Glass Half Empty; June 30, 2018, 06:14 PM.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hey Pauly! I keep missing you in the daily thread -- I'm glad that I could get here and find out how you are doing. You are going through a lot -- I am sending you lots of strength and white light. So glad you are hanging in --

Some day (end of August!) my life will be a little less complicated and I can post more regularly. Till then, know that I am thinking of you every day!

Keep up the good work - every sober moment counts.

Big hugs!

Comment

Figure I'll update since I've got nothing better to do,still trying to decide if I wanna go home next weekend,if I overthink it I get stressed but I can't be scared of visiting my family that's just weird,I guess if my drinking hadn't hit me so out of the blue last time I wouldn't feel so unsure,I honestly didn't expect my nerves to get so out of hand so quick but that's an excuse,in my head at the time tho it was a valid excuse,I feel ok about going,guess I just hafta see how my workweek goes and how much money I have then,today is Jon's birthday he would have been 31 so weird,last night I was turning off the storm alert on the old phone Louie uses to watch his YouTube videos and I went into the old texts and there was Jon's last text to me,honestly I didn't even know it was in there but even tho it made me sad it was kind of cool to read him say he loved me I'm continuing to work on myself,I've subscribed to many blogs about drinking,I ordered the easy way to quit drinking book,I'm exercising even when I don't fucken feel like it,I'm keeping up on vitamins and my hormonal supplement and most of all trying to keep my head in a more positive mode! When bad thought come in I push them out(at least try to) I pray every day while driving to work that God give me patience,peace and kindness toward other people,most of the time it works,tis all for now.

Comment

Love it Pauly. You are adding more tools. You have got this girl.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Feel like having a bitchfest so I'll do it here so not hijacking any threads,grrr,I am fed up with the shop I work at! So much talkin behind people's backs,two faced gossiping,bad customer service and my hands are tied Kell is already moving on to another shop but it's easier for her cuz she hasn't worked there as long,I've worked there for 15 years on and off,I quit a few times to move to another town briefly or the one time I quit in a huff cuz my boss pissed me off,it didn't hurt them,,,only me moneywise,I told hubs that quitting there feels sad like a divorce almost but the negativity is sooooo bad it feels ugly,I feel so stagnant and scared to do anything about it,just really pissed off cuz I hate when people bitch about things but don't do anything to change it yet here I am being a hypocrite,this isn't an I'm gonna drink rant either,its just a rant I needed to rant about haha

Comment

Hi, Pauly--

Rant away - so much better than drinking!

Re: visiting your family. Glad to see you're taking care of yourself. I still need to get into that more regular exercise - I tend to only go on the weekends because I work too much. Since you know your family can be triggering, take ALL of the precautions necessary. Bring an NA drink you love, some food you love, a good book, your walking shoes, etc. And check in here if you feel like drinking!

Sorry about your work situation. Once I got some good distance from drinking, my confidence really increased and I could figure out my work life with a clear head. I know you'll figure out your situation, too.

Whoot!
                      Pav

Comment

I already visited them [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] haha,I was up there July 28 it went fine right now I'm just trying to keep my self care and positive thinking going as far,as my job situation and stuff,try to do your exercise,even a few squats while getting ready for work or while cooking dinner is something

Comment

Pauly, is this something that might pass? Venting is important and you're not being a hypocrite. This is your thread. Proud of you for finding healthy ways to deal with your frustration!

Comment

Hi Pauly!

I just jumped on the thread to find out what's been going on... a lot it seems!

Good job on your visit home -- and it sounds like time for you to move on to something else in the workplace. I am making my own changes that way, too.

Are there any daily threads going on where I can find our old gang? I'm not seeing how to get into the monthly threads... but I'll keep trying.

In the meantime, hugs to you and anyone dropping by that I know...

Comment

[MENTION=12303]treegirl[/MENTION],if you go to the our story our goals part there's the abs thread me and Lav post on,,great to see you

Comment

Aah,I want this erased
                                Last edited by paulywogg; October 26, 2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X