TED talks. Share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TED talks. Share.

Don't know about anyone else but psychology and intellect are powerful things for me. Some of my favorites. Share your favorites please!

Brene Brown: Listening to shame | TED Talk | TED.com

Thandie Newton: Embracing otherness, embracing myself | TED Talk | TED.com
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Re: TED talks. Share.

Guy Winch: Why we all need to practice emotional first aid | TED Talk | TED.com

Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend | TED Talk | TED.com

Dan Gilbert: The psychology of your future self | TED Talk | TED.com

I've actually made it a habit to watch a TED Talk everyday with lunch. (Well, everyday except the weekends so far.)
    Last edited by Orimus; May 27, 2017, 10:57 PM.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Been watching your first one. Hits a nail quite on the head. I watch TED talks all the time. Thank you [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]
      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Also a good one.

Johann Hari: Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong | TED Talk | TED.com

Comment

If you watched these all you will know what shame is and how it correlates to addiction. Shame is probably the most influential piece in my life. Please let more video's flow, they don't need to stay on these topics. Show TED talks that changed your life.

Comment

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Theodore Resvelte.

Stand strong.

Comment

Brown says some interesting things in the video. Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability | TED Talk | TED.com. These are super powerful video's and shame is the core of addiction as far as I have learned.

Comment

I also like this B Brown talk: Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability | TED Talk | TED.com
                and think this is so powerful: Monica Lewinsky: The price of shame | TED Talk | TED.com,
                especially if you were paying attention to the news at the time Monica went through this.

Sorry - I see you just posted the Brown one. Anyway, it is a really good one.
                Last edited by NoSugar; May 28, 2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

"When you ask people about love. They always described heartbreak. When I asked about belonging, they will tell you their most excruciating experiences of being excluded. When you ask people about connection, the stories they told me were about disconnection". Some powerful things are said in that [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]

If I could quote it all I would but at about just before 8:45 it hits hard. So please watch. To tell the story with your whole heart. To be authentic. Vulernablity being beautiful. The willingness to say I love you first.

All truncated but thats some of the content.
                  Last edited by empyr3al; May 28, 2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Dan Gilbert: Why we make bad decisions | TED Talk | TED.com

Brian Little: Who are you, really? The puzzle of personality | TED Talk | TED.com

A better you | Playlist | TED.com
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] I've only gotten through the first. Been trying to edit 2 gigs of photos and videos of yesterday. Will let you know when I've seen them

The first one touches on something I have watched in behaviour and been full witness too. Gambling but I have only gambled twice... if we are talking money. At one point in time my helping hand had my truck covered in scratch tickets. Never was my cup of tea. I always knew what I was getting for my money in the substances I wasted money on. I have to look closer at the end of the video because I was busy and not paying attention.

Thanks for your shares and support.

Comment

What interests me about the first video in the last post and what I got to see of it was the numbers are way off in who dies from what. I use inhalers to prevent issues as asthma is a misrecorded number. I'm sorry I got lost in photo's. Family is becoming increasingly important to me.

Comment

My favourite and the one that started me on the path to a new understanding of myself and life

YouTube

Comment

Love this one.

YouTube

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Anne Lamott: 12 truths I learned from life and writing | TED Talk | TED.com

Judson Brewer: A simple way to break a bad habit | TED Talk | TED.com

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X