Uplifting promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uplifting promise

Hope everyone is doing well. This is one of my favorite AA promise that is very relatable whether you believe in AA or not. Just thought it could lift some one's spirit today. I can certainly relate.

'' we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

This thought brings us to Step Ten, which suggests we continue to take personal inventory and continue to set right any new mistakes as we go along. We vigorously commenced this way of living as we cleaned up the past. We have entered the world of the Spirit. Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness. This is not an overnight matter. It should continue for our lifetime. Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code''

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Re: Uplifting promise

Thanks Liz. Love it!

How are you?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks, Liz.
      Good to have you stop by. Hope all is well with you!

Comment

Thank you.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

You welcome Guitarist and thanks for reading. I am doing pretty well actually. I am 57 days in today after my 3 month relapse. I did try during those months to quit but could barely get past day 10. I bit the bullet and just had
          My Dr put me on Campral. I haven't thought about alcohol ever since. it feels that a something was finally plugged in that shut the tormenting thoughts and craving. Definetily lloving life. I plan to give it about a year to do its thing. It restored
          proper chemistry to the brain.
          I did several AA meetings and wish i could do more but work and busy life does not allow.
          Last edited by lizker; June 8, 2017, 02:22 PM.
          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
            Thanks, Liz.
            Good to have you stop by. Hope all is well with you!
            Always a pleasure to stop by. Things have really turned around for the better. Can't complain. Just staying in the faith and the word and taking it one day at a time. Day 57 today.

You are welcome Little Beagle
            Last edited by lizker; June 8, 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I love the promises. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congrats on 57 days Liz! That's a huge achievement.

I might look into campral more now you mention it. I have just got some antabuse and about to try it. Day 5 for me. Keep up the gr8 work.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  Congrats on 57 days Liz! That's a huge achievement.

I might look into campral more now you mention it. I have just got some antabuse and about to try it. Day 5 for me. Keep up the gr8 work.
                  Congrats on day 5!...as long as we keep getting up, we will have a breakthrough. I had heard alot about campral but did not want anything to do with psych meds. But the more i researched, i realized that it actually repairs the brain. It took 5 days to feel the difference. When i say alcohol has completely lost its grip on me...i can hardly believe it myself. I take it everyday along with a vitamin b complex, a multivitamin and my usual smooth. Definitely worth looking into if you are struggling. It only works if you have alreadbreakthrough

Comment

It works if you have already detoxed is what i meant to say. Edit function not working

Comment

It works if you have already detoxed is what i meant to say. Edit function is not working

Comment

[MENTION=18648]lizker[/MENTION] Wonderful news!... Good to see you Liz. :smile:

Comment

Originally posted by Wildflowers View Post
                          [MENTION=18648]lizker[/MENTION] Wonderful news!... Good to see you Liz. :smile:
                          Hi Wildflowers. ..i know we had started our journey together a few months ago. I fell of a few days after that. The usual bs happened and i decided to just go to my Dr for help as i didn't want to go through the pain of self detox again. He helped me detox and put me on campral. It was so far the best outcome I've had. I don't wrestle with drinking thoughts any more. I can't remember the last time i thought about alcohol. There are a few side effects like constipation and occasional insomnia, but compared to the horror of withdrawals and mental turmoil, i can tolerate the SE any day. Not fooling myself that i m cured but its really refreshing to know that i don't have to deal with cravings and tormenting drinking thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                          X