Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Its 7:45 AM where I am and my stinker of a dog woke me up at around 6. Broken sleep as I was up every two hours over the night.

Enjoy your midweek Wednesday
    Last edited by empyr3al; July 19, 2017, 10:08 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Afternoon..
      Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
      I think people can make their lives more hectic than they need be by always planning ahead, maybe making a to do list etc., it's nice to just be in the moment sometimes.
      Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]..............I love my lists...........I have different books for different lists.............then ignore them all..........cos I'm a rebel..
      Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Agree totally - even while doing somethnig today, there seems to be this 'what's next' mentality.
      My SIL while on hols spent the WHOLE 14 days talking about next year's holiday - FFS !
      Same last year ................
      Having a bit of a Tabbers afternoon.. There are 300 jobs that I should be doing, and I will.. any moment now.. Im making a list that I can rebel against. Yea, I know your SIL Satz (well, her personality type), VERY well. At least she was only talking about next years holidays yawn. Then, I know I drive said person mad cos I wont plan a year in advance. well I did this year and we had to cancel it cos it clashed with too many things! planning shmanning..

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      Good morning everyone. No Molly, early Wednesday morning as being at the airport at 4am. Working tomorrow and was meant to be working Tuesday but swapped it with one of the days I did last week. Half looking forward to it. You have hopalong, I have the marathon man, running up bloody mountains. Think I'm comparing my fitness level to his and finding myself lacking. It's not a race though and as long as I'm okay with the altitude I'll survive. It's 43km over 4 days camping. We spend 1 day in Lima after arriving and then 2 in Couscous to acclimatise and then we start the hike. We go on another tour after that on the Amazon. Will be very different to anything I have ever done before.
      So exciting Rusto. Id say you have done more that enough training, and you have a good amount of AF time under your belt too. What a place to go for reflection! Hiked a bit in Nepal many years ago, would love to do it again with an older head!

Off to think about getting organised.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

- Checked in with Army :check:

Comment

Evening.
          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............are you getting away somewhere this year?

Fingers crossed we get away for a few days at the caravan end of August beginning of Sept.

When I was drinking I would make all sorts of plans and promises and get in a right panic when the time came to do them. Geez the number of times I've backed out of things at the last minute.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yep [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], we're heading south/midlands, to an old cottage end of July. Bikes, hiking boots etc. Im compiling a 'to see list' :biglaugh: but we usually make it up as we go along. Might have to put a big book order in with a local friendly librarian lady:goodgirl: Ive a few books from amazon ordered, but they wont last too long in the absence of WiFi!
            Caravan will be lovely JC - just the 2 of you? 3, sorry Bess.

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] I had 60mbit with the potential of more (like 250, now its a 1000). While on wifi. But two adults and a child the cost was nuts. I have since changed providers for a week, and actually manipuled my provider which i still do not trust. Bell down to 40$ from over a hundred because I argued hard because I could get it elsewhere. There is only one company in Canada that can do what i need. And I don't have it. But thats simply greed for speed.

This is a comment on your wifi. I would say download them to your phone but I own a weird phone so I can store it all. Netflix download. I have 12gb data on LTE for 3 months at 120$..... still thats stupid but its the best we can do atm.
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

A warm and sunny "Good Morning Army" from a cool and cloudy Athens!!

Mary - big day coming up!!

Jackie - hope you make it to the caravan. I know how much you all enjoy it.

Rusty - enjoy your special hike!!

Molly - glad to hear Joe is better. Mr. Stirly walks a lot but nothing compared to Joe. Good for him although I'm sure you're glad when he walks more at your pace.

Satzy - I could not stand to be on holidays with someone like that. Good for you on your patience. And thinking of you with your Mom. We went through similar with my Mother-in-Law.

Tabbers - hope you enjoyed your day. Sunday used to be my do-everything-in-one-day day since I work all of the other days. The last couple of Sundays have been dedicated to not doing much and nothing planned. So much more relaxing.

Empyr - you're Canadian? So am I - just that I've lived in Greece for the past 34 years. Still, there is no place like home. I grew up in a small town in Ontario and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Troopers - wishing you all a smashing day and a great week as well!!
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning Molls, Empy, Stirly
                  Same here, Molls. Wifi at home and work. That'll do me............left my phone at home last week and after the initial...............oh no!!!!...........it was rather pleasant having a few hours away from it and I forgot my book for the train............had to look out the windows and do this thing called relaxing.

We'll have not only have Bess with us but Jenny's wee beagle, Buddy, with us ...........they're in Turkey the week we're thinking about. Its still up in the air waiting to see if Mr JC can get the time off.

Off up early to the shops as its going to be a lovely day and I'll be in the garden when I get back
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My wifi is complicated, gigabyte connection between routers so I can control it all. Here its 8:30 so morning all. But I am a tech geek so what I do is way to complicated to talk about on an addiction site.I will edit and say access to forums can change your life. Access to drug information. Seriously hardcore/care. Lucky that in the world we are not limited here.
                    Last edited by empyr3al; July 17, 2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Yo, Empy. No need to edit.

Warm over your way, Molls?...........same here.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                        yup Jacks -- it was exhausting today - working in that heat with huge big windows reflecting the heat in through the glass -- shouldn't be allowed!!! must away to bed - watched GOT -- shaping up somewhat great!!
                        Talk tomorrow all xx
                        Good night everyone. Very warm in the work house for me too, we are not used to it. Have not heard of Got, must have a look. I have lists stuck on lists at this stage. Finished work so will spend tomorrow getting hair etc done and picking up last few things. Nite nite

Comment

Thought GOT was very dark tonight - literally.
                          Couldn't feckin' see the characters Molls :haha:

Possibly that unaccustomed sun shining in ....

Comment

I'm only half way through the first season of GOT. I'm so behind I daren't read or hear anything about it. Been catching up on the latest series of Fargo.

Now there's a list worth making.............the going on holiday list. I even get my eyebrows threaded when we go up to the caravan and our nearest neighbours are a herd of sheep.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al View Post
                              This is a comment on your wifi. I would say download them to your phone ...
                              Thanks Empy.. Not planning to download anything, a week with books, board games and fresh air will clear the heads!

Exhausted.. heat... need sleep.. chat tomorrow Army. x
                              Last edited by IamMary; July 17, 2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Crossed post JC.. night xx

Comment

Working...
                                X