Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Originally posted by mollyka
    Morning ladies - could do with that job at the moment Jackie !!!!
    Its all yours................just don't forget your rubber gloves and a couple of clean t-towels. If you're any good I'll show you where I've hidden the biscuits
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Crikey - the likes of rubber gloves and teatowels are why I DO go out to work!!! Fecking hate housework - can't wait for Joe to get two legs back! Had to clean the shower even!!!!!
      Noooooooooooooo not the shower. Oddly enough I find something very pleasing about a clean bathroom.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Nice to be back.
        :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by marthadan View Post
          Good morning everyone. Nice to be back.
          :heartbeat:
          Lovely to see you as well, Martha, and having another bash at this. Any reason why you fell off the wagon but there again with alcoholism there is no rhyme or reason sometimes.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey Jackie, no particular reason except I thought I could be moderate. My sister in law was visiting from the states and I thought - just the one glass. Famous last words! In total I've had three binges. And just live in fear of totally messing everything up! Bien AF has given me so much clarity and happiness - I feel I need to protect it at all costs. Also two other things happened - my son went into a halfway house and has stuck with it! He had issues with marijuana. I'm so proud of him!! A close friend died of live failure over the weekend. Only 52years old. Very sad. It's so important to have a support system. Just logging in here and reading posts makes a world of difference. I'm grateful.

Comment

You know?! Stop letting the side down!

Comment

[MENTION=23623]marthadan[/MENTION]...........and rightly so to be proud of your boy.

Very sad about your friend, I lost a friend a few years back at the same age. I always thought he'd be one of the rare ones that would actually live to a ripe old age.

Ahh the number of times I've gone from just the one to scrabbling round the bottom of my handbag to find enough money for a whole bottle.

My advice............move forward and learn from this experience. Have a barrel load of excuses for refusing that first drink..........it becomes habit and tbh when people are a couple of drinks in they couldn't give a stuff what's in your glass.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Isn't moderation a new kind of agony?
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning..
                    [MENTION=23623]marthadan[/MENTION] welcome back! Takes a couple of runs sometimes.. I hoped I could moderated for years, tried everything, hypnosis (he was a idiot), books, drinking schedule (Monday x, Tuesday y).. the ridiculousness of it all is a clue really. Best thing I ever did was give up trying and just accepted that this a little part of me. It felt like a very big part 2 years ago, but it's not really.
                    Go for it.
                    (See the way I threw that in.. 2 years ago... hint hint JC cough big cake cough)

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............you're sounding a bit frazzled anything we can do to help. Must be near holidays for you too.
                    Thanks JC.. just the summer juggle was easier when I was part time and I'm kind of winging it this summer with family! Lots going on generally, nothing bad, just .. full on. If I was a movie, I'd be something like Mission Impossible, but swap the exciting events for mundane ones like getting to work on time, getting laundry done, juggling kids schedules.. could be a box office hit!
                    Last edited by IamMary; July 4, 2017, 04:41 AM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Afternoon Army.
                      Just popping in - and a great discussion going on - love it.
                      I'm totally with Molls here - think to the end of what that cool beer / glass red would lead to.
                      I KNOW :egad: and that is why I'll NEVER do it. I cannot drink like a 'normal' person'.

I saw on holiday how the people (apart from SIL) I was with would be 'hanging' next day with a hangover but wouldn't dream of having another drink ' to take the edge off'.
                      I would have been in search of an opportunity to get next drink and would be edgy all day till I got it. What a way to spend a holiday.

My SIL - on the other hand - is heading same direction as I did. I can see all the signs.

You'll get there Martha :thumbsup:

Comment

Hi everyone. Welcome back Martha. Great discussion today. Mary you must be a full time juggler, don't know how you do it while working full time. Well done on your 2nd anniversary. Jackie is probably in the kitchen baking as we speak. Busy day so taking it easy tonight. Between walking the dogs at 6am, working full time, getting a few visits to the gym in and all the bits around the house, I'll be more than ready for a holiday. Bit apprehensive about the hike. Hope I'm able for it but did as much as I could during the year so fingers crossed. On the plus side I have not even thought of a drink all week. Night all.

Comment

Evening all! Was laughing to myself when some of the lads at work were going for pints after work to celebrate the 4th July ---- like REALLY???!?
                          Ahh they're just being polite and returning the favour to the USA for them celebrating St. Paddy's Day

I'll never have the oven off with the cakes for July sober anniversaries.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

haha.. Im joking [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], Im not there yet, soon. The hike will be an fantastic experience, amazing what the body will do, adrenaline will keep you going!

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] has your SIL made any efforts to cut back? I see a few in my family, but then Im not so sure. Its easy to hide if you really want to. Then again, I was a daily drinker, i know loads of people who wouldnt touch a drink all week, then binge Thursday - Sunday, which made no sense to me!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            I'll never have the oven off with the cakes for July sober anniversaries.
                            ok ok, I'll take a lemon cheesecake. Or just take something out of the freezer! Please .
                            Last edited by IamMary; July 4, 2017, 04:10 PM.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............I'll bake you a cheesecake.................how's about this one Simon Rimmer’s Jaffa Cake Cheesecake - food

Classic the weekend begins on a Thursday...........used to do it in the bank............could cope with a stinker of hangover on a Friday knowing I was off Saturday........... mind a couple of V&T's in the pub at lunch time helped.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X