Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Happy 8th anniversary Jackie! Raaawkin sister!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Morning lovelies..........got to say I feel about a squillion times better this morning than I did 8 years ago.

Thought we'd start with a nice smorgasbord.............

I wish I had known all those years ago about how many things I was allergic too.....life would have been a lot different for many of us Eh?

Comment

Afternoon Army & dropper-inners.

Tabberooney - are things ok with you ?
        Come and chat - no judgement here - no way !!

If you drank - then you now have a comparison between sober living & drunk living. And you KNOW which you prefer.
        Treat this experience as a learning curve - it will have reiterated to you how much better sober living is.

If you didn't drink - ignore all of the above :haha:
        The best about this thread is we've all been there - so either way get yer arse back here pronto !!!
        Last edited by satz123; July 7, 2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Congratulations Jackie! You can find your cake on another thread, hope they got it finished.
          I Lurked for well over a year, reading and getting up the nerve to post. It wasn't really the first post that scared me as much as the commitment to start this process. Start I did, and failed many times. Still working on it, and still here. So thank you all for being here, helping to show the way.

Comment

Good afternoon! Busy busy here. How dd I ever find the time to drink??

Comment

Evening...............cheesecake time.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by anon View Post
                Good afternoon! Busy busy here. How dd I ever find the time to drink??
                Think we did a lot of things one handed with a glass in the other.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening ladies, very sorry its just a flying visit, on my way out the door. Big wave to the special lady.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Afternoon Army & dropper-inners.

Tabberooney - are things ok with you ?
                  Come and chat - no judgement here - no way !!

If you drank - then you now have a comparison between sober living & drunk living. And you KNOW which you prefer.
                  Treat this experience as a learning curve - it will have reiterated to you how much better sober living is.

If you didn't drink - ignore all of the above :haha:
                  The best about this thread is we've all been there - so either way get yer arse back here pronto !!!
                  No idea where you got that assumption from Benji, happy to report I am as sober as a very sober judge and have been since Dec 31st.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]..............am I the special lady today.
                    Ahh Tabbers love, you'd gone very quiet and you know we fret.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                      Evening ladies, very sorry its just a flying visit, on my way out the door. Big wave to the special lady.

No idea where you got that assumption from Benji, happy to report I am as sober as a very sober judge and have been since Dec 31st.
                      Got the idea maybe somethnig up 'cos you disappeared ................ sorry.

Comment

Hello,
                        Very weird, I posted earlier, on both thread and theyre not here now... (insert twilight zone music).
                        Cant remember what I said now, was probably incredibly profound and hilarious:biglaugh:
                        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. Woohoo!!! 8 years, can you believe it! Extra special this year cos you ditched the smokes too.. ya big Show Off!!

PS; foreign muck was delicious
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]..............am I the special lady today.
                          Ahh Tabbers love, you'd gone very quiet and you know we fret.
                          You know you are JC. Ah sure I am quiet by nature, don't always have a lot to say here on a daily basis.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Got the idea maybe somethnig up 'cos you disappeared ................ sorry.
                          Sorry, no don't be silly, thank you for taking the time to look out for me, it means a lot.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Hello,
                          Very weird, I posted earlier, on both thread and theyre not here now... (insert twilight zone music).
                          Cant remember what I said now, was probably incredibly profound and hilarious:biglaugh:
                          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. Woohoo!!! 8 years, can you believe it! Extra special this year cos you ditched the smokes too.. ya big Show Off!!

PS; foreign muck was delicious
                          Nite Mary, I am partial to a bit of 'foreign' food myself.
                          Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); July 7, 2017, 06:00 PM. Reason: Flipping spelling again
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Awake bright and early and most importantly hangover free. Need to do stuff in the garden, nice walk, nothing too taxing. Agree with Molly about the checking in. Very important, our alkie brains could talk us into all kinds of stuff. Another Friday night here when wine was flowing as they were all around and once again did not cost me a thought. Had nice mug of tea and chocolate biscuits, oh and JC's cheese cake 🎂

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........isn't that timely...........I know exactly where you're coming from.

In my first 30 days Mr JC didn't drink at all.....he actually hid all the bottles of booze he got for his 50th...............even now its rarely bought perhaps Christmas.

I was talking to my friend (the one I've known over 50 years) yesterday. Her brother died from alcoholism and I told her to ask as many questions as she liked..........
                              We're off to see the Voodoo Travellers again tonight and she was asking does it bother me when people drink around me. I said it depends.............a gig, a meal, a one off barbecue, even sitting outside with the neighbours late evening when they might have a colossal 2 drinks...............not a bother...........here's the but............I would rather stand naked in the middle of our high street than go to a boozer or a gathering that was just all about the drink.......so I don't go. Might be a bit pedantic but it works for me.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; July 8, 2017, 03:45 AM.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] and a well done for getting through another Friday
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X