Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Yes Tabbers Stirly was spot on.
    I also used to do most of my drinking in secret and sometimes even got a kick out of the cleverness of my deception.

Hope your family stuff went well Molly.
    I have had a very quiet day and spent most of it sitting in the sun listening to podcasts, it has been lovely.
    Hello to everyone--Just waiting for The Handmaids Tale to start, it is not a patch on the book but extremely thought provoking.

Comment

Night all,
      I do remember feeling clever about hiding my drinking. But the anxiety over getting caught never went away. Good riddance to that feeling.
      Originally posted by mollyka
      Sorry yes -- had a lovely afternoon with all the lads -- Jilly is down on her island - so - so many men!!!! heading to bed shortly - busy week ahead of me at work
      Poor Jilly, must be tough
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Been wide awake for hours! Molly is Jilly on an Island? Mary I did worry a bit about getting caught but that was after the secret drinking. I never felt I had any power over the addiction but always knew I was out of control. I hated being dependent on booze and cigarettes and honestly now feel liberated. I suppose now I am "addicted " to running but when I have had to take time out because of injury I do not have withdrawal problems, however it is raining and miserable this morning and will still go out for a few miles.

Comment

Morning.
          It could be worse, Molls, she could be on Love Island .............wonder if she'd get any studying done there.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Molly, somehow it sounds very romantic to be living and studying on the Aran Islands....

Just some food for thought for anyone out there who is struggling a bit and trying to move forward....

Wishing you all a fantabulous week!! inkele:

P.S. Went to the beach yesterday for the first time this year. Stayed about 3 hours and dozed off a couple of times. I have a lovely red back and chest to show for my efforts. Legs still kinda white.... :newhere:
            Last edited by stirly-girly; July 10, 2017, 04:22 AM.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning all
              Yep Molls I need to brush up on Game of Thrones before it starts again.

The Handmaid's Tale on Channel 4 - enjoying that. HAs anyone read the book?

Comment

Good afternoon--Watching Handmaids Tale Satz I loved the book although the TV series is quite different--it has also been made into a musical a play and a ballet. Can you just imagine it.
                Off to do Grandma duties i.e. school pick up-happy days

Comment

Hi everyone, some great posts again. Just in from work, will be glad when the full time employment is over, love my two days. Have not heard of that one Satz, must put it on my list. Was at the cinema last night, Cardboard gangsters, not bad but like an episode of Love Hate. Too violent for me in spots but Johnny Connors was very good. Really wanted to see Hampstead as love Brendan Gleeson but himself would not go, not his cup of tea. If it were not for going on holiday I would organise a girls night to see it. Need food so back in a bit.

Comment

Evening............just finished watching an episode of Wentworth.......revamped Prisoner Cell Block H...........I do find it weird watching grown up programmes in the afternoon.

God knows my favourite hobby us sitting on my arse but if I was forced to do it I'd go barmy. You know there's a spare bed here for you Molls.............there's even a TV in there and a revamped lappy..............only £50 a night.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Late check-in..
                      Back watching Designated survivor.. its good.

HAHA it was ME surrounded by all my male sprogs and grandsons - not her haha!!!:welldone:
                      haha, that made me laugh. Too late, she'll always be Aran island Jill in a circle of men..

Night night..
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[QUOTE=IamMary;1720158]Late check-in..
                        Back watching Designated survivor.. its good.

Good morning everyone, early check in here. Loved Designated Survivor Mary. Have only Orange is the new Black left now to watch. Will have to look for more. No sun but at least it's not raining.

Comment

Good morning from the sunny but later on rainy showers on the Costa del Tyne and I'm off to work.

Looking forward to it but wondering what changes have been made.

See you in a bit.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning--10 hours sleep and still tired.

Comment

Morning - jaysus - hardly sleep 10 hours in a WEEK!!!!!
                              Morning no. Its 4 AM. Gives a bit of time.
                              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Its 6, nearly 7 am I'm awake again. This is not the dogs fault. I'm exhausted and just want normal sleep.
                                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X