Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Join the Army Against Alcohol-July 2017

GOT means Game of Throwns if anyone was curious.

In regards to netflix and wifi. My phone which is a Note 5 with 64gb data storage and has a large screen is good enough to read on or watch movies. I can use a small device which i think is called otc but a usb plug does work (it plugs into the charger port) but I can stick 128gb more from one of my microsd cards.

Reminds me one of my 32gb is dead (first one ever to have died, a lexar high quality one) and I needed it for my dash cam, they are all in my security cameras. The 128 takes some computing power so it works with my android aka newer style kodi box that runs android 6 so kodi 17, so not like most android boxes. And my phone but its dicey using it in devices designed for 32gb.
    Last edited by empyr3al; July 17, 2017, 09:46 PM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thought I had found a new series ha ha. Have watched seasons 1 and 2 of GOT and have 3-6 on box set but have not got around to watching them. Just finished face timing my daughter who is in west coast USA at the moment, isn't technology great 👍. Have a lovely day everyone.

Comment

Morning lovelies,
        Very quick one for as I'm off to work.
        I love having the interweb............I just cannot (or will not) get my head around metric weights.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Another cool and cloudy day here in Greece - loving it!!! By cool I mean 22C at the moment - supposed to go up to 26C by midday.

Had a touchy weekend. Got pushed to my limits and for the first time in 21 months AF, I was actually wanting a drink to calm me down. Of course I didn't but I would have thankfully gulped back a double shot just to take the edge off of the stress. Jaysus. Anyway, the thoughts of what would happen after scared me into finding another way to calm down but damn, it was a rough couple of days. Anyway, thoughts were banished, Monday arrived, new week, work to keep me occupied, and Tuesday is gonna be a great day!

I've been living in a metric country for yonks but it did take a while to get used to. Just as it took a while to get used to the euro after so many years with the drachma.

Wishing you all a day with sunshine and smiles and a wink of the eye!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
            Hotter than hot here stirly so enjoy your 22 degrees!!! I spose those rocky times will come - my way of dealing with truly stressful times is to 'remove' the bits I can - even if I shouldn't if that makes sense - bottom line - I can control myself - fuck all else - well done navigating all but watch putting your addict self in danger ( only talking bout me - not doling out unwanted advice!!!)
            Thanks for your reply, Molly. I usually ignore things I can't change - I have gotten really good at that over the years - so I don't let a lot of things bother me - only worry about the things I can change or make a difference and only make a move after much thought. It was a build-up of several things that I have no control over that were in my face both Saturday pm and Sunday. The main thing is the on-going turmoil in younger son's life with his wife who continues to lie blatantly to everyone and is trying to drag my son and myself down into the mire with her by lying about us. He is shattered and literally helpless to do anything because of the boys - one almost 7, who is his step-son and the baby who is 7 months old. So we are all treading on egg-shells trying not to disrupt an already explosive situation. He comes to me to pour out his feelings and discuss things so I know all that is going on. And I know what's going on from her side as well since we get info from other people about what she is telling them. To top it off, her mother is a very controlling woman and can't seem to understand what it means to find out that the woman you loved, whom you thought was the most forthright, honest person you have ever known, has been lying all along and that the picture she has painted of herself and presents to the world in general, is a lie. Son and his MIL had a conversation over the weekend and she said to him - you've blown things all out of proportion, it's not like she stole anything from you" His answer - she stole my dreams of what my life was going to be, of what my family was going to be and she's going to take my sons away from me. MIL just shrugged it off. And this is not the first time DIL has done something like this and her mother knew it all along. And even tho' she is supposed to be going to therapy for her "problem", she's denying she has a problem and is spending the summer at a beach house along with the boys and her parents. Something that my son did not agree to and that she went ahead and did anyway. And that is only the very tip of the iceberg. Anyway, we were all together for a family day at the beach on Sunday and I got really stressed out. I have to be nice to these people when I really want to shake them and jig their eyes out. And not a damn thing I can do because of the boys. I don't interfere in my sons' lives but it is very, very hard to bite my tongue and not speak my mind. Stressed-out.com!! Thankfully, I know very well where one drink would lead to and that it would solve nothing. I just wanted something to calm me down a bit and ease the stress. Deep breathing and playing with my grandbabies finally did it. That and a fast drive home with music blaring after our meal. Anyway, thanks for listening and for your advice. I know well that advice given here is only given with the best intentions and that we can all only speak from our own personal experience. Hope you get some cool sea breezes soon....
            Last edited by stirly-girly; July 18, 2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Course that is stressful - what can I say!!!! Personally I would avoid that mother like the plague but.....yeah it must be hard -BUT - for better or worse - in a year -2 years some resolution will be reached - and imho - bar being there for your son - there's feck all you can do for him - even just knowing that can help? :hug:
              Can't avoid the mother since she's staying with DIL and when I go to see the boys, she's there! I know that things will turn out however they will turn out but I am so very worried about my son. He works at his regular job 9 hours a day then helps me out in the evenings with the store. He is very stressed by the whole thing and says he feels like he's headed for a nervous breakdown. This from a very calm and logical person who rarely blows off steam - just deals with things as they come. DIL going to stay in the beach house for the summer means he's alone at home and has to drive an hour each way to see his kids. He wants nothing to do with her or her parents but they're all there in his face. The parents stayed with him and DIL for 1-1/2 months before baby was born and 3 months afterwards "to help out". Almost drove him nuts since he was trying to get his thesis finished for his MBA while working two jobs and couldn't do any work on it at home because there was no place for him to work. So he ended up staying at our store and working on the thesis and they all complained that he wasn't home enough. DIL and her mother went out a few months ago with DIL's brothers girlfriend. Among other things, DIL told the girl that I had had a problem with alcohol. Not that it was any of her business and I don't know why she thought she had to mention it. That was among other things DIL and her mother told the girl. From what I understand, they spewed so much vitriol about me and others that the girl went home so upset that she literally threw up. Now, how can I know things like this and still keep a smile on my face? Anyway, have to do it for son's and the boys' sakes but it's hard. And I've got Mr. Stirly spitting out his nonsense as well. Sometimes it seems like it never ends. Anyway, AL won't figure into it but it was a trying weekend. Thanks again for your two cents, Molly. I do appreciate it. I always said I hoped my kids would grow up so my mind would be a little more at ease. Hah - who was I kidding???
              Last edited by stirly-girly; July 18, 2017, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Bloody Hell, Stirly. you're going through the mill, love. We'll not be able to come up with any miracles for you but we can listen and let you know you are heard here.

Yep like Molls I thought it would get easier as they got older..............how I long for the days of weaning, potty training and mega toddler tantrums in the supermarket.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

god yeah Jacks!!!
                  Evening all -- just in from hot sweaty workhouse -- THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE COMING -- I AM POSITIVELY EXCITED!!!!!!
                  We're getting them tomorrow.............have to drug the dog. ...........or do I drug me and ignore the dog.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] So sorry things are not going well Stirls..this will pass, but you might have to put up a big fake smiling front with these people until it does. Dont let them get you down, you are calm strong Stirly. :hug:

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    We're getting them tomorrow.............have to drug the dog. ...........or do I drug me and ignore the dog.
                    :hahaha:

Fancy a storm.. feeling a bit not right in this heat (moan grumble complain)..

Night night.
                    Last edited by IamMary; July 18, 2017, 05:02 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...............safe and comfy travels, Rusto.

Yep half a pill for Bess and half a pill for me............we won't give a flying you know what if it thunders
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thunderstorms for me are great for sleep, as for my dogs they have gotten used to them.
                        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

So confusing if I'm in the right thread or not as I have like 20 open. Someone in one of these threads was saying photobucket isn't free anymore. So I pay google, 2.99 a month but there is a reason as its all combined. I have like 40000 emails and my phone backed up and all my photos. As you can see I use an android. They also pay me by using google contribute, so thats different and makes it essentially free. Now, these services are shared space so for example my phone pairs. If that link doesn't work for you I need to move it to shared links. Its kinda like picassa was but called google photo. Holy sh432 I just realized I gave away who I am twice in two days. So this won't stay here long but its not bad especially if you use bitly or something.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TvEc7MygWuXKNKbH2

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].................Congratulations on 2 years alcohol free...........You've listened, taken advice, worked stuff out for yourself and all with good humour..............you're a diamond. Well done you. :welldone:

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Army.
                              Guess what - off to WORK today !!

New job - Reception / Health & Safety officer in a private nursing home !! Part-time :yay:

Comment

X Post -
                                WELL DONE Mers ................. that actually FLEW...... you are a shining STAR

BRILLIANT

Comment

Working...
                                X